Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Vs. Tigris In High Level Void Missions?

Arzete

Question

13 answers to this question

Tigris... 6 Forma, kill anything beast! And well, a double barrel shotgun is always more bad azz than a grenade launcher. I mean, look at the DOOM series... No grenade launcher. Oh, but that demon slaying boom stick... Epic :]

Annnd I know I'm going to hit what I want with the Tigris.

The Tonker is not a bad weapon at all, but I can't stand the 'detonation only upon collision with enemy' mechanic.

Edit: 300th post!

Edited by Evan-0-matic

Tonkor's Advantage:

- High Base dmg

- High crit chance

- Self Damage that could kill you is non-existent

- You can predict where your shots will land.

- Because of High damage, you can sacrifice mods for utility mods (more ammo, faster fire rate etc etc)

- Uses the sniper ammo (Tho that shouldn't be a problem to refill since you'll kill most of the room with one magazine)

Tonkor's Disadvantage:

- Only 2 grenade per mags

- Grenade must hit the enemy to detonate or will detonate after 5 seconds or if you or an enemy steps on it (meaning it will hurt you when you miss your shoots.

- Grenade can go between enemies leg, which can piss you off at moment you want the thing to blow in somebody's face.

You can bypass the detonate time with a specific Zephyr's build*

Let's go over the Tigris.

Tigris' Advantage:

- Highest Damage of all shotguns

- High Status Chance

- Unique shooting system (Duplex-Auto)

- Over 75% of it's base damage is slash, meaning it can benefit from the Slash Event mod.

- Low spread and great accuracy.

- Because of it's high damage, great ammo economy.

- Thanks to the unique system, you can decide if you want to shoot 1 or 2, making you not waste all the ammo on a weak enemy.

- IT'S A BOOMSTICK MAN.

Tigris' Disadvantage:

- Low magazine size

- Unique shooting system forces you to hold down Mouse 1 if you want to shoot only 1 ammo (this can be bypassed by clicking mouse 3 but there's a delay between shots)

- You'll need to reload after every shots most of the time

- Missed shots hurt your DPS.

- Has no innate punchthrough, combined with low ammo per magazine and a 1.8 second reload time, you'll feel like a punchthrough would be needed to face off groups of enemies.

- Has low Puncuture/Impact damage, making fighting the grineer/corrupted grineer troops a problem.

So, what's the best out of both? Really, neither, both have their ups and down, it all comes down to your play style, they have great damage, making them beast in high-tier / end-game content. Do you want to kill groups of enemies with one click? Tonkor is for you then. Do you want the Boomstick and 1 hit anything in your way? Tigris is for you then.

- *(Here's the Zephyr video in-case you want to bypass the detonate time for Tonkor)

depends.if you can use the Tonkor Effectively, go for it, the Tigris is easier to use, just aim in your foes' general direction and give em' both barrels, whereas with the Tonkor, you have to get the arc just right to hit an enemy directly.

Mirage + Split Chamber removes the need for precision with the Tonkor. it's pretty epic.