Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Helmets, Time For A Change

Jaysus41

If the goal of the stat helmet removal from the market was to allow a player to choose what helmet they want to wear without worrying about stats, then the removal has been a total failure. Players who have these helmets are still unable to choose what helmet to equip based solely on personal taste, and some players who do not have them want them to min/max their loadouts.

Personally, I am sorely disappointed by how the removal was handled. It seems very poorly planned and, if I'm being completely honest, lazy. A lot of potential was missed and I believe its well past time for a change.

Arcane helmets and their stats would be separated into two different customizations: Helmet customization and System customization. Helmet customization would be exactly the same as it always has been, changed in the appearance tab, but System customization would be a whole new system.

Systems would be changed in the mod loadout screen, and have the exact same stat modifications as the old arcane helmets. so, for example, Loki would have 3 options: Normal Systems, Essence Systems, and Swindle Systems. Normal Systems would have no changes, Essence Systems would give +efficiency and -armor, and Swindle Systems would give +range and -health. The difference is that a player can have the Essence effect while wearing the Swindle helmet.

I'm not sure where one would get the systems. If hardmode bosses are made that would be the perfect spot, just put them on a bosses drop table in accordance with what frame they drop (Nekros Systems from hardmode Lephantis, for example) and of course if you already have arcane helmets you would get their systems automatically.

Now, the next question should be about what to do with the statless arcane helmets. Since normal helmets already exist we can't just turn them normal. Some ideas:

-Platinum Refund
-Helmet Voucher (exchange an old arcane helmet for a new helmet from the marketplace)
-Future Potential (If Primed versions of the alt helmets are made, they could be used as vouchers to get them)

-Unique Cosmetic Effect (make them sparkle... or something)

This change would open the door for completely new stat options and greater warframe customization options.

You have my support with this, the changes done so many months ago have done absolutely nothing but frustrate those that don't have the helmets. The effects should have either been outright removed or given something along the lines of your suggestions. +1 For bringing this back into the light. 

I think they should end up being called "corrupted arcanes" since they have a detrimental effect and we should be allowed to remove them via an arcane distiller to create 10 corrupted arcanes that we could apply to any warframe.

Unlike the current arcanes they wouldn't be subject to % chance to proc because they have detrimental effects.

Perhaps these corrupted arcanes could be farmed in some sort of Orokin derelict raid?

Just an idea.

Edited by sushidubya

*snip*

Arcane Helmets are a done deal.

Many players manage to play through and progress through the game without them. Knowing that, why do you still feel the need to equip them, especially when you know that they aren't really needed, given so may examples of players that succeed without them.

If the choice is really bothering you, sell them off. Then you'll never have to worry about making that choice again.

The reasoning behind the original rework was to let players who paid or worked to gain these to keep them, and that new players would not have to deal with the issue of choosing between stats and looks. This was mostly a success, as the helmets are too rare for most to find or afford, and thus a non-option.

All I'm saying is that you've had the option to remove the stats for a long time now if you wanted. Why does DE need to force you to do so? Isn't having the choice better?

Edited by Ashnal

I would prefer having seperate "cosmetic" and "stat" slots for helmet and syandanas, because this problem persists with arcane enhancements and the new arcane distiller is a crap addition.

So if you have an arcane swindle in the cosmetic slot, you'll look like you have swindle on but you'll get no stats. You can put arcane essence to the stat slot and get the stat, without the looks.

The biggest issue is that the old arcane helmets are vastly unbalanced.  Some give bonuses far better than their minor penalty, While others the bonus is trivial compared to the penalty.  On top of that some give a 10% bonus while others give a 25% bonus, with similar penalties.

Even as a player with all of them, the stats should of just been removed, or converted to an arcane (from trials) type system (or at least some kind of orokin reactor/catalyst type deal), and balanced to actually be close to even so any frame can get the bonuses.

Having seen a few Rhinos badgered because they didn't have the super fast speed of the arcane helm has shown it likely wasn't a good idea to keep them in any form.

• 1 month later...