The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Played With A Squad Of Excalibur's Earlier

(XBOX)xJdKxZomBiE

It's pretty ridiculous that they can literally just spam their energy sword ability for the entire match.

I can use my #4 maybe...3 times...even with 150% efficiency.

This is not a call for a nerf.  Or a buff.  I just think that's a little to far off the "what the f*** were you guys thinking" cliff.

T4 Survival....and they don't even have to take a breather...just energy beams....everywhere.

My only suggestion to them, would be to change the range of the ability, to say 15 meters.  Decent melee range, but not so they can use it as a long range weapon.  I've seen these beams travel across the room, and these are Void rooms mind you, so they are quite large, and still hit several enemies on its course.

Fun for the Excal? Sure. Even if a little repetitive.

Fun for the other members in the group? That is debatable. 

My gripe is it is the new Negative-Duration Sayrn spamming Miasma all the time. 

Or the Sheev Slammers with the Covert Lethality mod. (Which got nerfed and the outcry was just... shameful?)

I'd prefer if spamming the melee key wasn't too powerful, and instead had high damage when doing combos. As it stands, you're better off spamming melee than performing any of the combos. 

Edited by Sixnalia

If nothing else it's disorienting as hell, with all the shaking it causes when you dare step in front of it, which very commonly happens I might add.

I will admit that it's fun to play as excal, but it's not quite the same when you play with an excal, or against one for that matter.

And as said above, comboes should really do something extra, I do remember seeing some flashy energy wave coming off one of the combos when they demo'ed the excal changes.

auunp3.jpg

Let me guess you're crying because the excals stole your leet 420 quickscope kills?

FTFY. The nerf didn't kill him.

Regardless its still a nerf. 

A nerf would be me saying it needs to cost more energy, and not use melee weapons and mods as basis.

A reduction in range is a balance.  Its a @(*()$ melee attack, not a rifle replacer.

Looks like someone doesn't know the definition of a nerf

Edited by -CM-AbsoluteZero

The only things that I would change to EB would be the ability to go through walls and the damage/travel distance of the combos(currently they don't grant any damage bonuses or longer travel distance).

Edited by Xplain9

Let me guess you're crying because the excals stole your leet 420 quickscope kills?

Looks like someone doesn't know the definition of a nerf

Wow, someone is sour as hell. Also, "nerf" is subjective. One's man's "balancing fixes" is another's "nerf to oblivion". 

Wow, someone is sour as hell. Also, "nerf" is subjective. One's man's "balancing fixes" is another's "nerf to oblivion". 

Balancing involves both nerfing and buffing and in this case it is most definitely a nerf reducing the range of the energy waves.

Edited by -CM-AbsoluteZero

New? As far as I know this has been going on since corrupted mods came out.

Excal has either been the Javelin Spam since corrupted mods; or this new exalted blade melee spam.

But Miasma spam with negative duration was far more popular from my anecdotal experience. When I say "new", I mean that it feels like it has replaced or taken the place of the Miasma Spammers. Or just think of it as "Flavor of the Month".

The only thing I would change about Exalted Blade is how the energy waves can travel indefinitely through all terrain, as it promotes cheesy tactics like standing safely behind cover enemies can't get too while spamming "melee" attacks. I might reduce their travel distance to something like 20m base (effected by range mods) so that Excalibur actually has to play like a melee character with impressive range instead of, basically, another guy with a gun. 

Damage-wise, Exalted Blade is up there, but it's only just on par with what our rifles can do. I think this is fine; our powers should be doing equal or slightly better damage than what our rifles are capable of or there isn't any point in using them. Specifically, I'd like to see a lot of our single target damage abilities brought up quite significantly. 

The only thing I would change about Exalted Blade is how the energy waves can travel indefinitely through all terrain, as it promotes cheesy tactics like standing safely behind cover enemies can't get too while spamming "melee" attacks. I might reduce their travel distance to something like 20m base (effected by range mods) so that Excalibur actually has to play like a melee character with impressive range instead of, basically, another guy with a gun. 

Damage-wise, Exalted Blade is up there, but it's only just on par with what our rifles can do. I think this is fine; our powers should be doing equal or slightly better damage than what our rifles are capable of or there isn't any point in using them. Specifically, I'd like to see a lot of our single target damage abilities brought up quite significantly. 

ever heard of punch through mods

Guys please.

If you want to cry about something, at least be correct.

Edited by BeeOverlord

energy beams

everywhere.

but are they OP?

no.

zero_x5attack.gif

Im sorry Im a Ash fan and Excal has now become my new Favorite frame.

DE did  a Great job with his whole rework.

Try slash dash while in Exalted Blade its insane.

I use Radial Blind (RadiantFinish) the slash dash thru a Horde and slash dash also throws Waves which i think is Insanely awesome

The Innate Radial Blind that EB  has combined with Spin attacks is Genius IMHO

Btw that Mega Man looks cool asf xD

I think the point of the excal rework is that you're supposed to be playing in EB almost entirely. The issues are pretty much limited to(purely in my opinion) there's no reason other than looking cool to actually do combos over E mashing, and there's no situation where you don't want to be in EB. Blade beams are more viable than pretty much any gun so far that I've seen(and I love it, but issues are issues).

I main Excal and I am pretty convinced those Beams could do with half the damage and/or range tbh.

But what I would actually want DE to do is replace RJ with a somewhat wider/cone-like energy beam and reducing the normal energy wave range to like 10 meters (tonkor explosion range).

You better make enemy explosions/aoe follow suit, then.

Nah.

The real reason we can't have t

EB without infinite punch through is clipping issues. The waves are fairly long and wide, and drop to the floor. If they didn't have it, most waves would crash into the floor and instantly disappear. That would pretty much suck.

And to the guy who said punch through mods.......really? 2-3m of punch through only sounds like a lot. EB is INFINITE.

Edited by TheBrsrkr

Another day, another Nerf Excal thread.

Can't you guys just have fun with the game? Or do you have to complain whenever your team performs well?

See, whenever I normally meet a group of player who kill efficiently, I say good game, maybe even throw them a compliment or two. One thing I definitely don't do is go to the forums whining about how good they where and how it was awful that they played the game well.