Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Konami...what In God's Name Are You Doing?

TheErebus.

Y'know the jokes us gamers tell that "EA is the worst thing ever", well that needs to end. Because a new satan has arrived, and his name is Konami.

http://kotaku.com/report-konami-is-treating-its-staff-like-prisoners-1721700073

This is how they treat their employees: 

• Konami game developers who aren't seen as useful are reassigned to jobs as security guards, cleaning staff at the company's fitness clubs or put to work on the production line at a pachinko-slot machine factory. This includes not just junior staff, but producers who have worked on well-known game titles.
  • Employees on Hideo Kojima's "Kojima Productions" team are forced to work on computers allegedly not connected to the internet and are only able to send internal messages.
  • Employees leaving the company offices during their lunch break are having their absences monitored with time cards. Those who stay out too long are having their names announced throughout the company.
  • Most Konami employees do not have their own permanent company email addresses. Staff who must deal with people outside the company, such as sales and PR do; however, everyone else routinely has their address randomised and changed every few months. This is reportedly done to prevent headhunting from rival companies.
  • That there are cameras in the office corridors that aren't there for security, but rather to monitor the movements of the company's own employees.

God bless you, Jim

Edited by TheSpookyGhost

when I saw kotaku in the link I stopped reading. This is not news but simply gossip as always.

It's news to me, may not be for you, but is to me.

OH IS IT JUST BECAUSE OF KOTAKU? 

K

http://www.pcgamer.com/nikkei-report-depicts-konami-as-a-super-grim-place-to-work/

Here you go, absolutely no difference whatsoever. 

It's not uncommon for Japanese companies to have these kind of work conditions. Some are actually humane. Others, not so much. It's just Japan's work culture.

Doesn't mean it's acceptable. 

Edited by TheSpookyGhost

Some one needs to make a scooby doo picture with the head of Konami's face as the mask and Kim Jong Un as the villian. Damn my lack of photoshopping skills, or photoshop in general.

You're in for a bad time luck...

HZAy7Bu.jpg

fc,550x550,white.u3.jpg

I'm gonna throw myself in the washing machine now...

I'm still amazed that the P.T. project was canceled and stuffed in a shallow, sandy grave like that.

You'd have to possess a rare combination of ignorance and arrogance to think you could just pretend the whole mess never happened. Watch out, Bobby Kotick. A challenger for the title of Truest Incarnation of Cosmic Evil has emerged.

Well, there is news that Kojima and Del Toro are still planning to work on a game although not silent hill.

Besides, if all the creators of the iconic series that Konami has rights to are leaving the company,

then what's the point in us staying,

and shouting

hoping that somehow this ranting will get through to the company and they'll straighten their act.

because it's highly likely that they won't.

the game creators understand this,

hence why they are leaving.

Hence why we should too.

Perhaps it's time.

Let the classics rest their legacy at their finest rather than force it to continue on as a perverse abomination of their former selves.

The developers will take a new guise and continue to release good, perhaps even better new titles.

Just not under the banner of their former company.

So, I don't hate Konami, because there is nothing left in it that I love.