Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Athena - The Owl Warframe [Concept Art]

blazingcobalt

--Athena--

"Using the cover of the shadows combined with superb vision, Athena is sure to get her prey one way or the other."

GLNA5Ge.png

--Powers--

M7dClhL.png

Perception

Keep an eye out, Tenno.

Once Perception is activated, it allows the user to see highlighted enemies through walls and obstacles within range of 20/30/40 meters. Hitting an unaware enemy while this ability is active grants a stealth damage multiplier of 20%/40%60%, much like stealthy melee attacks.

ZArplWy.png

Obscurity

Don't be scared of the Dark, Tenno.

Obscurity is perfect for night time hunters. Once activated it cloaks the user in the shadows, turning them invisible. However this does not work if the caster is in the light. Any other Tenno to enter the darkness near Athena will also become invisible within 5/7/9 meters. An energy drain will occur while using it and will cost more with each Tenno Athena conceals.

oNtebYC.png

Ruffle

Time to ruffle your feathers, Tenno.

This ability lets Athena cry out an ominous hoot. Any enemies that hear it are frighted and begin to run away. Any allies within the range will receive a casting speed boost of 15/30/50%.

5fjucan.png

Quill Quell

Become the eye of the storm, Tenno.

Deadly energy feathers channeled by Athena drain her energy and wreak havoc on the battle field. Quill Quell picks up on your secondary weapon's mods. Each Quill acts like a thrown weapon, however being made of energy, it does not have an arc path and flies straight.

Once a feather is lodged into an enemy, it will begin to decay after causing initial damage. If the feather lands on a head shot, the enemy will become blinded.  Once a feather is about to decay fully it will shoot another 1/2/3 feathers outward at other enemies and start the process over again.

-Energy Feathers-

hW2zKWO.png

-Accessories-

uUfFuzY.png

---

Change Log & Crediting

8/19/15

Added power icon artwork

Changed the powers based off of Atilla's feedback.

Added energy feather artwork

8/21/15

Added more details to each power description

Added 4th power having blinding capabilities upon headshot

Added cast speed bonus to 3rd

Added energy drain to 2nd

Added stealth multiplier for 1st and range

8/22/15

Name change from Atermis to Athena

---

Feedback is always welcomed!

Edited by blazingcobalt
  • Like 1

Concept art looks original enough, but abilities seem like made-up versions of other warframe abilities

Haha, I wish we had anything remotely similar to the first ability. Sonar will show enemies on map, and give them weak spots, but it sure won't let you see them through walls which would be what's actually nice.

Concept art looks original enough, but abilities seem like made-up versions of other warframe abilities

realy, realy bad and simple abilities. Nothing new.

Er.. thanks?

Not gonna lie, unless it's constructive criticism - helping out with trying to make the powers/whatever not bad or unoriginal, then I will most likely ignore it. The cool part about the fan concepts about the forums is that people can help contribute to various projects and help it grow and better itself.

Er.. thanks?

Not gonna lie, unless it's constructive criticism - helping out with trying to make the powers/whatever not bad or unoriginal, then I will most likely ignore it. The cool part about the fan concepts about the forums is that people can help contribute to various projects and help it grow and better itself.

What information do you need to accept this simple fact?

What information do you need to accept this simple fact?

You might want to read the tips for the concept forums, mate. If you want to reply then give a valid reason even if it's obvious or not. If people would just say "no" to everything in this game we wouldn't have anything new and good.

Aka helping the creator improve his idea by giving him ideas on how to expand and make the abilities and concept more "original".

Edited by Gryphonium

Aka helping the creator improve his idea by giving him ideas on how to expand and make the abilities and concept more "original".

I wouldn't bother. Seems they don't wanna be helpful and would rather just be flat out negative with no explanation why.

Anyways, I updated the powers to try and help this.

Shared invisibility on the second, a good chunk of puncture damage on the third, and enemies becoming blind when entering the storm.

Realy funny position u have there.

but okay:

>Perception

>Once Perception is activated, it allows the user to see highlighted enemies through walls and obstacles.

Why? For what this ability? We already have Animal Instinct what is already musthave.

Enemy just have realy bad AI to make this ability usefull, even for stealth.

For PVP? OP.

Useless and bad ability.

>Obscurity

>Obscurity is perfect for night time hunters. Once activated it cloaks the user in the shadows, turning them invisible. However this does not work if the caster is in the light. Any other Tenno to enter the darkness too will also become invisible.
Idea is good, but it will not working. Just try to play for Mirage. Main part of locations in light. And also skill absolutly useless for stealth. All Spy 2.0 vaults are in light.

>Ruffle

>This ability sends out feathers in an aoe circle around Artemis. Each feather bursts out violently dealing a decent amount of puncture damage. If a feather hits an enemy they are knocked down and are open to take finishers.

What you about dmg abilities? They are bad. Always. Only-dmg abilities just bad. But you added knockdown. Sounds good. A little bit CC never are no superfluous. But it still not enough. Look at the last Warframes abilities, they got buffs, new and interesting mechanics.

What it need? 

For example my idea based on Excalibur and Equinox's mechanic for Ruffle:

This ability sends out feathers in an AoE Circle around Artemis. Each feather will decrease enemy dmg and armor by */*/*/40% and deal additional */*/*/150  puncture damage. Every target hited by Energy Feather will stagger enemies and open them to Finishers with additional */*/*/100% DMG.

Reactivating Ruffle will trigger explosion of feathers, what will launch feathers towards enemies, dealing */*/*/50% damge dealt by Energy Feathers, and buff alies in area by addional */*/*/100% melee dmg for */*/*/20 seconds.

BTW, knocken down enemies always open to finishers.

>Quill Quell

>Artemis creates a giant storm of energy-like feathers that swirl around around the caster. Enemies within the storm will receive a small amount of puncture damage the longer they are in it along with becoming blind upon entering. However the closer it is to Artemis, the less damage it will do.

I simple dont realize what class it must be. All abilities from different playstyles.

And why blinding? Why not fear? She is Owl right?

I suggest another ability:

%AbilityName%

Artemis receives deadly Energy Feather trowing weapon (like kunai), what will use mods from equiped secondary weapon. (synergy with secondary weapon). 

And that's all, i dont have ideas about bonuses for this.

Edited by Atilla

(Hidden the vast amount of feedback in the spoiler things.)

>Perception

>Once Perception is activated, it allows the user to see highlighted enemies through walls and obstacles.

Why? For what this ability? We already have Animal Instinct what is already musthave.

Enemy just have realy bad AI to make this ability usefull, even for stealth.

For PVP? OP.

Useless and bad ability.

>Obscurity

>Obscurity is perfect for night time hunters. Once activated it cloaks the user in the shadows, turning them invisible. However this does not work if the caster is in the light. Any other Tenno to enter the darkness too will also become invisible.

Idea is good, but it will not working. Just try to play for Mirage. Main part of locations in light. And also skill absolutly useless for stealth. All Spy 2.0 vaults are in light.

>Ruffle

>This ability sends out feathers in an aoe circle around Artemis. Each feather bursts out violently dealing a decent amount of puncture damage. If a feather hits an enemy they are knocked down and are open to take finishers.

What you about dmg abilities? They are bad. Always. Only-dmg abilities just bad. But you added knockdown. Sounds good. A little bit CC never are no superfluous. But it still not enough. Look at the last Warframes abilities, they got buffs, new and interesting mechanics.

What it need? 

For example my idea based on Excalibur and Equinox's mechanic for Ruffle:

This ability sends out feathers in an AoE Circle around Artemis. Each feather will decrease enemy dmg and armor by */*/*/40% and deal additional */*/*/150  puncture damage. Every target hited by Energy Feather will stagger enemies and open them to Finishers with additional */*/*/100% DMG.

Reactivating Ruffle will trigger explosion of feathers, what will launch feathers towards enemies, dealing */*/*/50% damge dealt by Energy Feathers, and buff alies in area by addional */*/*/100% melee dmg for */*/*/20 seconds.

BTW, knocken down enemies always open to finishers.

>Quill Quell

>Artemis creates a giant storm of energy-like feathers that swirl around around the caster. Enemies within the storm will receive a small amount of puncture damage the longer they are in it along with becoming blind upon entering. However the closer it is to Artemis, the less damage it will do.

I simple dont realize what class it must be. All abilities from different playstyles.

And why blinding? Why not fear? She is Owl right?

I suggest another ability:

%AbilityName%

Artemis receives deadly Energy Feather trowing weapon (like kunai), what will use mods from equiped secondary weapon. (synergy with secondary weapon). 

First of all let me say thank you for posting this. This is something I can work with and I agree with you and like your ideas. (As a Kunai-lover that new ult sounds awesome.)

Anyways...

Perception is there to help you keep track of enemies with more ease. Yes, we do have Animal Instinct for companions but, that has a short enemy radar. The ability would also give you a way more clearer view of where enemies are. May they be on the 1st/2nd/3rd floor of a room or just hanging out a few feet away facing you. That is something the mini-map cannot do outside being a dot on a map.

Obscurity may not be the best for Spy missions but, there are more mission types than that. It also sounds like one of the more situational abilities out there that require a bit of knowledge on which tile set you'll be playing.  While Mirage does currently hold the throne with light based abilities, defense and invisibility are two different things. If you can drop enemy aggro by running into a dark spot for a few seconds to heal up, I feel it's better than running for you life with a buffed defense, which is also based on lighting. You could run into a light and then get shot while trying to flee.

Ruffle doesn't really fit in this Owl theme yet. However you bring up a very nice idea of having the feathers launch towards other enemies, so let's save that for later. So instead what if we change Ruffle to an ominous hoot noise that spooks enemies that hear it while buffing allies that do? What kind of buff? I have no idea there.

Now onto Quill Quell. The kunai idea there is fantastic and I love it. What if we take the feathers launching at enemies from Ruffle and add it to the kunai feathers here? Have them run on a short timer and once that runs out they fling to their next target. Something like that to rival Excal's infinite punch through on Exalted. It would allow them to clear a room much like Exalted would. Since Kunai is a silent weapon as well, it fits into the owl theme too. (Since Owls can fly without making any noise!)

Edited by blazingcobalt

First of all let me say thank you for posting this. This is something I can work with and I agree with you and like your ideas. (As a Kunai-lover that new ult sounds awesome.)

Anyways...

Perception is there to help you keep track of enemies with more ease. Yes, we do have Animal Instinct for companions but, that has a short enemy radar. The ability would also give you a way more clearer view of where enemies are. May they be on the 1st/2nd/3rd floor of a room or just hanging out a few feet away facing you. That is something the mini-map cannot do outside being a dot on a map.

Obscurity may not be the best for Spy missions but, there are more mission types than that. It also sounds like one of the more situational abilities out there that require a bit of knowledge on which tile set you'll be playing.  While Mirage does currently hold the throne with light based abilities, defense and invisibility are two different things. If you can drop enemy aggro by running into a dark spot for a few seconds to heal up, I feel it's better than running for you life with a buffed defense, which is also based on lighting. You could run into a light and then get shot while trying to flee.

Ruffle doesn't really fit in this Owl theme yet. However you bring up a very nice idea of having the feathers launch towards other enemies, so let's save that for later. So instead what if we change Ruffle to an ominous hoot noise that spooks enemies that hear it while buffing allies that do? What kind of buff? I have no idea there.

Now onto Quill Quell. The kunai idea there is fantastic and I love it. What if we take the feathers launching at enemies from Ruffle and add it to the kunai feathers here? Have them run on a short timer and once that runs out they fling to their next target. Something like that to rival Excal's infinite punch through on Exalted. It would allow them to clear a room much like Exalted would. Since Kunai is a silent weapon as well, it fits into the owl theme too. (Since Owls can fly without making any noise!)

No need to steal infinite punch trough from Excal. We also have mod for this on secondary

Insteed punch trough for example:

Each shot from Quill Quell will launch 3 Energy Feathers insteed one in different direction in front of Artemis. Each Feather have 60/80/100 DMG (10% Impact, 45% Slash, 45% Puncture) and 30% status. Energy Feathers have faster velocity of projectile than other trowing weapons.  

Another idea for ruffle:

Ruffle

Eyes of Artemis get burned and shine by energy fire. This appearance scares surrounding enemies, causing them to panic* at */*/*/6 seconds, but inspires confidence in allies. Making them faster (melee speed too) at 25\50\75\100%, grants them additional velocity of projectile at 25\50\75\100%, making reload speed for Bows faster at 25\50\75\100% at 15 seconds.

Panic - new effect for enemies. They are not moving, but falling down, covers their face by hands.

btw sorry for my english, my knowledge of language too low for this

Edited by Atilla

I simply LOVE the art and the concept, really neat and original, and I know one of my warframe buddies would love her design.

I do agree that the abilities could use some OOMPH though, or at least some more detail, like the range of your number one that makes it different from Animal Instinct. More information the better to avoid criticism to give people a really good idea of what the ability actually does, answering questions preemptively is difficult though. Number 1 could be useful, I can see the idea, but some numbers (like range, etc.) and maybe an enemy de-buff to those you've detected might help? Not all Warframes are available for PvP for balance sake and a number of their moves are changed for PvP, so something you might want to consider but not totally vital in the beginning stages. I like number 2, it reminds me of 'feign death' for hunters in WoW, where you pretend to die to drop all aggro and I don't think there is much like this in Warframe at the moment, but again, it might need something more than that. I like giving her maybe some blind and fear, as a debuff to her three or four moves, fear definitely fits with the owl, but I can also see a flurry of feathers being something blinding.

I like it dude, there's a lot of potential, just needs some oomph, tweaks, details!

Also, did you do that art yourself? :) Its great.

Edited by SpaceSheepie

I simply LOVE the art and the concept, really neat and original, and I know one of my warframe buddies would love her design.

I do agree that the abilities could use some OOMPH though, or at least some more detail, like the range of your number one that makes it different from Animal Instinct.

Also, did you do that art yourself? :) Its great.

Thanks! I did do the art myself, and there is some more to come. A link to my dA if you're interested in my stoofs; http://blazingcobalt.deviantart.com/gallery/

I'll get on adding more details and information to the OP as well.

Can someone tell me where they do their concept art? or what software they use.

Well I did this in my bedroom haha. I use the program Paint Tool Sai and a Wacom Bamboob tablet.

Realy funny position u have there.but okay: >Perception>Once Perception is activated, it allows the user to see highlighted enemies through walls and obstacles.Why? For what this ability? We already have Animal Instinct what is already musthave.Enemy just have realy bad AI to make this ability usefull, even for stealth.For PVP? OP.Useless and bad ability. >Obscurity>Obscurity is perfect for night time hunters. Once activated it cloaks the user in the shadows, turning them invisible. However this does not work if the caster is in the light. Any other Tenno to enter the darkness too will also become invisible.Idea is good, but it will not working. Just try to play for Mirage. Main part of locations in light. And also skill absolutly useless for stealth. All Spy 2.0 vaults are in light. >Ruffle>This ability sends out feathers in an aoe circle around Artemis. Each feather bursts out violently dealing a decent amount of puncture damage. If a feather hits an enemy they are knocked down and are open to take finishers.What you about dmg abilities? They are bad. Always. Only-dmg abilities just bad. But you added knockdown. Sounds good. A little bit CC never are no superfluous. But it still not enough. Look at the last Warframes abilities, they got buffs, new and interesting mechanics.What it need? For example my idea based on Excalibur and Equinox's mechanic for Ruffle:

This ability sends out feathers in an AoE Circle around Artemis. Each feather will decrease enemy dmg and armor by */*/*/40% and deal additional */*/*/150  puncture damage. Every target hited by Energy Feather will stagger enemies and open them to Finishers with additional */*/*/100% DMG.Reactivating Ruffle will trigger explosion of feathers, what will launch feathers towards enemies, dealing */*/*/50% damge dealt by Energy Feathers, and buff alies in area by addional */*/*/100% melee dmg for */*/*/20 seconds.

BTW, knocken down enemies always open to finishers. >Quill Quell>Artemis creates a giant storm of energy-like feathers that swirl around around the caster. Enemies within the storm will receive a small amount of puncture damage the longer they are in it along with becoming blind upon entering. However the closer it is to Artemis, the less damage it will do.I simple dont realize what class it must be. All abilities from different playstyles.And why blinding? Why not fear? She is Owl right?I suggest another ability:

%AbilityName%Artemis receives deadly Energy Feather trowing weapon (like kunai), what will use mods from equiped secondary weapon. (synergy with secondary weapon). 

The grammar shivers

Damn, nice idea. The frame looks real nice but there is something off about it..........

OH YEAH, Artemis (the goddess) has no affinity to owls.... That's Athena.

That was my first name idea as well. I also wanted to do Ncytea but this isn't white like a snow owl. :c

However after thinking about it, I might change it later on to Athena.