Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Red Veil Syndicated Is Hated/trolled The Most :v ?

Hellbuster

Idk I more got the warhammer 40k witchhunters/inquisiton vibe from them, then kill everything for the sake of killing. Also, there syndicate weapon really should have been a flamethrower.

kill the witch! burn the heretic! purge the unclean!

Edited by Oishii

Not sure they are hated as such more some of the members just kinda ridiculed?

The people who joined because they wanted to be respected and feared just came across as 12 year olds who wanted to be Batman when they grew up.

Hey I am going to be batman when I grow up. Don't judge me.

Also I joined Veil because my buddy joined Hexis.

Them suda squads though... good lord.

Red veil send puppy dogs after me all the time.

So I go into their Hub room and laugh at them.

It's a relationship of mutual hate, the way a good syndicate should be.

Should organise a flash mob of every tenno in the hub to go into the Red Veil room and 'clap' for 2 minutes .. and then leave.

Of all the syndicates, they're the most poorly conceived. Only through fire can purity be achieved? What purity? Who is pure? Why? I can understand the motivations of every other group pretty easily. These guys are the teenage isis of the future.

Also, i chose New Loka and Perrin Syndicate, as they represented ideals that seemed to suit the tenno. A return to a balanced state naturally, and the idea of peaceful commerce and trade. But that meant i only had the Red Veil to select as a third faction.

That doesn't make any sense! On the one hand i have two moderate factions, and one batS#&$ crazy bunch of murderers. I can come up with some crazy head cannon for that, but it doesnt make much sense.

Of all the syndicates, they're the most poorly conceived. Only through fire can purity be achieved? What purity? Who is pure? Why? I can understand the motivations of every other group pretty easily. These guys are the teenage isis of the future.

Source me one time in game where Red Veil says the word 'purity'. That's New Loka. Stop the blatant misninformation.

In all honesty, as much as I joke about Red Veil being Space ISIS, we've seen basically nothing of the Syndicates.  I'm hesitant to say if any of them are well or poorly made - as far as I'm concerned, none of them are even remotely finished.  They're 1% flair and 99% numbers game.

That said, I'm interested to see the way Red Veil, Steel Meridian, and New Loka all interact.  The line between terrorist and freedom fighter is wholly subjective.  The Grineer would call the Steel Meridian terrorists, but most of us would call them freedom fighters.  Red Veil appear to be far more extreme - they're styled like an apocalyptic doom cult (part of why I compare them to ISIS, who are an actual literal doom cult).  The two would work together if their desires intersect, but sooner or later the Red Veil is going to have to decide if Steel Meridian's noble idealism is something the system need or just one more ideal that needs to be cleansed to the Origin System can be rebuilt - and the Steel Meridian is going to have to decide if they think the Red Veil will really help the little guy or burn him along with his masters.  New Loka, meanwhile, are actually religious - the Sancti Castanas mention shrines and temples.  They have their own agenda outside of the sociopolitical, an agenda which very clearly does not align with the Steel Meridian's and Red Veil's.  Not all terrorists and rebel fronts get along...

I actually like the dark atmosphere of the Red Veil. Personally, I feel that they are the most badass out of the syndicates, with that black-and-red color scheme and amazing sigils. The infested and the torturing table at the back also adds to the dark atmosphere, which I like. It gives off this "don't f**king mess with us" vibe.

Also, the way the leader says "You are a fire" when I max out my rank with them is sexy.

The Veil wants to *cleanse* everything via fire. What do you accomplish by cleansing?

That's not relevant, I'm asking how the word "purity" relates to Red Veil. It doesn't. He's confusing Red Veil with New Loka, they are the one with that word scattered all over their mindset while Red Veil does not even have that in their vocabulary.

The people that hate Red Veil and New Loka are those that allied against them. It's simple, these two factions drop Ancient Healers and Ancient Charger Eximus that either drain energy or make everything around them invincible. They're a lot harder to kill than the rollers and corrupted lancers.

Conversely, this makes New Loka one of the best syndicates because you can use Ancient Healer specters, which heavily reduce the damage enemies dish out. Rakta Ballistica is also one of the most powerful secondaries in game, dealing viral damage and allowing you to gain energy. Combo that with the Vaykor Marelok from Steel Meridian and you're basically in plat heaven.

There's also the fact that Red Veil is the only faction that gives Large Ammo Restores, which is really good for ammo heavy weapons.

The Suda and Hexis have the short end of the stick. Suda's only best selling point for me, is the shield restore BP and the syandana.

Edited by ivlr3vil

From what we got in lore, this is exactly what we do and did. The Red Veil doesn't kill the innocents, they get rid of all the forces that harm the innocent, this is probably why they are allied to the Steel Meridian in the first place.

Let's be honest, beside the Grineer, the Corpus and the Infested, who do they harm? Even in lore they are showed to be helping civilians.

And how has "killing everything and everyone that is corrupt" worked out for us? Oh wait, it hasn't. That's why I (and probably a lot of other people) don't agree with their motives. It simply doesn't work. Killing the Orokin has only brought about new corruption.

I mean come on, they are exactly like the League of Assassins of DC Comics and those guy are still around and are generally viewed as "the bad guys" because their goals just don't work.

You can't get rid of corruption by only wiping out the corrupt because that is human nature and the Red Veil, Grineer and Corpus (and maybe the Tenno) are still pretty much human. Who is to say once the Red Veil achieve their goals they won't become the very thing they despise?

Only way to fix things in my opinion, is to teach people not to be corrupt. You have to learn about yourself and what you're truly capable of. before you go around judging people. That's why I support the Arbiters of Hexis. They want to know what we, the Tenno, can really do, before they start assigning roles to them like all the other Syndicates do.

We know that the DNA/blood/Void energy of the Tenno(?) may be the key to solving the Grineer degeneration problem and our abilities have only been explored for warfare, so why can't we explore that?

I don't know about all Red Veil supporters being edgelords and all, but the Veil come across as pretentious to me, and people that join them seem complacent.

It's all a matter of opinions anyway. Not everyone will like what you like.

And how has "killing everything and everyone that is corrupt" worked out for us? Oh wait, it hasn't. That's why I (and probably a lot of other people) don't agree with their motives. It simply doesn't work. Killing the Orokin has only brought about new corruption.

I mean come on, they are exactly like the League of Assassins of DC Comics and those guy are still around and are generally viewed as "the bad guys" because their goals just don't work.

You can't get rid of corruption by only wiping out the corrupt because that is human nature and the Red Veil, Grineer and Corpus (and maybe the Tenno) are still pretty much human. Who is to say once the Red Veil achieve their goals they won't become the very thing they despise?

Only way to fix things in my opinion, is to teach people not to be corrupt. You have to learn about yourself and what you're truly capable of. before you go around judging people. That's why I support the Arbiters of Hexis. They want to know what we, the Tenno, can really do, before they start assigning roles to them like all the other Syndicates do.

We know that the DNA/blood/Void energy of the Tenno(?) may be the key to solving the Grineer degeneration problem and our abilities have only been explored for warfare, so why can't we explore that?

I don't know about all Red Veil supporters being edgelords and all, but the Veil come across as pretentious to me, and people that join them seem complacent.

It's all a matter of opinions anyway. Not everyone will like what you like.

You know what I always found funny? People give the Veil crap for exactly what the Tenno do.

Vor, Tyl Regor, Hek, Ruk, Kela, Kril, Alad and probably all the bosses that have to come, have been killed because they ''break the balance'' of the world. 

Edit: Actually killing the Orokin didn't bring any corruption, and from the Lore scrap we got they are far from the only responsible. The technocyte virus was a thing created to battle the Sentient. The Grineer rebeled against their Orokin slavers, and the Corpus were poor chaps that wanted to be more than well.. poor chaps. Actually when I think about it, Killing is the only thing that achieved something.. (Sad isn't it?)

The corruption seen in Warframe, and the one seen in our world are like apples and orange. The corrupted could be also seen as the Infestation, and what's a common way to deal with a infestation? ''Burn it''.

If you ever paid attention to the bits of story we had, you can see where it's coming from. Not to teach how to be corrupted? This is something that is simply not possible in Warframe universe, let me explain to you why.

The Grineer according to what we have about the lore are engineered to conquer and are devoted to their queens, I'm pretty sure they don't have any choice in the decision they make, because of their DNA (Remember that every grineer is a ''perfect'' copy of another one)  , the corpus create more slaves via their brainwashing temple, I highly doubt that teaching them anything is in the options. The infested? Hahaha, no. From what we know they are like the Tyranids in the WH40k Universe.

Really sadly simply talking is not a option, you seem to forget that talking didn't function for centuries, and that was before the Tenno. Such  groups are sometime needed. Who would even care about the civilians? The Steel Meridian are allied with them for a reason.

If Perrin, New Loka, Suda, The Arbiters, or oh, wait.. every syndicate doesn't seem pretentious for you, you might have a problem there, because they were created to make sure that there is no ''good'' option(Beside the Steel Meridian apparently.

Edited by Alphafox

Also, i chose New Loka and Perrin Syndicate, as they represented ideals that seemed to suit the tenno. A return to a balanced state naturally, and the idea of peaceful commerce and trade. But that meant i only had the Red Veil to select as a third faction.

That doesn't make any sense! On the one hand i have two moderate factions, and one batS#&$ crazy bunch of murderers. I can come up with some crazy head cannon for that, but it doesnt make much sense.

Here's the thing; a lot of people would say the EXACT same thing about New Loka:

"They're so poorly conceived! They're Nazi-esq racial purists! Why would the Tenno - who themselves are not pure humans - ever side with them?"

And one could even argue that the Arbiter's as eye-swiveling dumb because of their rejection of the Tenno history of warriors.

So it's all a matter of perspective.

To me, Red Veil represents what the Tenno must do to save the universe: destroy the corrupt institutions of the Grineer and Corpus to let something new rise from their ashes, a potentially better order. It's like Alphafox said: the Veil does EXACTLY what the Tenno do, people look to make fun of them, however, because of the red and black color scheme and fire-and-assassination motif they have - it makes for an easy target, especially on the internet that has collectively decided that "red and black is edgy and stupid".

Edited by Morec0

Well i'm with Meridian and the Veil, i guess i'm evil but good at the same time?

What the f*ck am i?

Be 4.

I am the rich good doer general that has no qualms to secretly stab my enemies in the back (loki is my most used frame).

And oh, I happened to be a human supremacist.

K4tz2md.jpg

Edited by fatpig84

Because as an ascendant genius swaglord who knows how to talk to the hippies that hang out back and get their good stuff, I just don't have the time in my schedule.

Also they made me drop my rocky road ice cream one time and I swore eternal vengeance as the Grineer had just sacked the place I got it from and turned it into a tofu restaurant.

I'd be friends with the geriatric super-friends in power armor but they don't like me for some reason. I think it's because they see I'm a 1%-er swaglord and all of my gold flash just blinds them and makes their eyes hurt.

Edited by Terumitsu

I always thought it was weird that the Steel Meridian was allies with the Red Veil. They seem very counter-ish to each other.

Best partners.

Red Veils burns stuff down, Steel Meridian saves the hostages.

Red Veil stick dual heat swords into places that don't shine for interrogations, Steel Meridian uses that info to steal food supplies or find rollers for kids to play with.

Best partners.

Red Veils burns stuff down, Steel Meridian saves the hostages.

Red Veil stick dual heat swords into places that don't shine for interrogations, Steel Meridian uses that info to steal food supplies or find rollers for kids to play with.

^

One's the spear, one's the shield.