Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Red Veil Syndicated Is Hated/trolled The Most :v ?

Hellbuster

You know what I always found funny? People give the Veil crap for exactly what the Tenno do.

Vor, Tyl Regor, Hek, Ruk, Kela, Kril, Alad and probably all the bosses that have to come, have been killed because they ''break the balance'' of the world. 

Edit: Actually killing the Orokin didn't bring any corruption, and from the Lore scrap we got they are far from the only responsible. The technocyte virus was a thing created to battle the Sentient. The Grineer rebeled against their Orokin slavers, and the Corpus were poor chaps that wanted to be more than well.. poor chaps. Actually when I think about it, Killing is the only thing that achieved something.. (Sad isn't it?)

The corruption seen in Warframe, and the one seen in our world are like apples and orange. The corrupted could be also seen as the Infestation, and what's a common way to deal with a infestation? ''Burn it''.

If you ever paid attention to the bits of story we had, you can see where it's coming from. Not to teach how to be corrupted? This is something that is simply not possible in Warframe universe, let me explain to you why.

The Grineer according to what we have about the lore are engineered to conquer and are devoted to their queens, I'm pretty sure they don't have any choice in the decision they make, because of their DNA (Remember that every grineer is a ''perfect'' copy of another one)  , the corpus create more slaves via their brainwashing temple, I highly doubt that teaching them anything is in the options. The infested? Hahaha, no. From what we know they are like the Tyranids in the WH40k Universe.

Really sadly simply talking is not a option, you seem to forget that talking didn't function for centuries, and that was before the Tenno. Such  groups are sometime needed. Who would even care about the civilians? The Steel Meridian are allied with them for a reason.

If Perrin, New Loka, Suda, The Arbiters, or oh, wait.. every syndicate doesn't seem pretentious for you, you might have a problem there, because they were created to make sure that there is no ''good'' option(Beside the Steel Meridian apparently.

The whole point of giving the Red Veil crap for what the Tenno do is because people don't like what the Tenno are doing in the first place. That is why I described Red Veil supporters as complacent. How many threads do we see asking if the Tenno really are the good guys because we mindlessly kill people? Or asking of we should trust the Lotus and her motives of "Balance" because it doesn't make sense to people? Yep, you guessed it: plenty of times.

Those bosses you mentioned? We killed two of them (Vor and Alad V) and they just came back, with one of them being virtually unkillable now and the other just doing far more vile things everytime he came back.

And is the System better? Is Balance closer to being achieved?

And killing the Orokin did bring about majority (if not all) of the corruption we see in Warframe today. When did the Grineer (who, mind you, were genetically engineered to be slaves and follow orders, not to "conquer" as you stated) rebel? After we killed the Orokin (see Arid Eviscerator Synthesis). We did the Infested (which, mind you, were created/released to fight a single enemy type but now consume anything and everything) run rampant? After we killed the Orokin (see Corrupted Ancient Synthesis).I'm prettys sure the same can be said about the Corpus too (see Anti-MOA Synthesis). The Collapse is the main catalyst that broight about all of this.

The Grineer could have easily become an Empire once their former masters were obliterated, and the Orokin were probably really good at handling the Infested. With them gone, of course things will go haywire.

Yes, the Orokin were horrible people that did horrible things and they certainly deserved punishment and not to rule ever again, but the truth is, when we killed them (whether we were under control, convinced to do it, or made our own decision to) we did not think of the consequences it would bring. So in no way has killing solved anything in my book.

But your first point made me realise something. The Red Veil do exactly what the Tenno do, and perhaps you think it's right because it's the only thing being done. No other angle is being explored. Suda supporters aren't given the opportunity to carry Void related research; Perrin supporters aren't learning about the economy and all; Hexis supporters aren't learning about them selves, and so on. The Veil is the only Syndicate that is currently benefiting from the way the game is now, idealogy wise (and perhaps goal wise too), and yet they, like all the other Syndicates, are barely fleshed out.

I never said talking was the answer. There are other ways to teach other than talking. And I apologise because I feel i did not get my point across properly. I meant preventing corruption before it even begins. That is how I believe corruption can be better battled in the long term. There will always be guilds that extort others. There will always be people that wrongfully seek power. So if killing them doesn't stop that, why should we subject ourselves to a never-ending cycle?

But I do agree that every Syndicate can be seen as pretentious. I simply stated that the Veil is that, too.

I don't really mind the Red Veil too much, I just prefer the Steel Meridian / Cephalon Suda / Arbiters of Hexis combo more. If anything I find it ironic that the two syndicates who claim to do what they do for sake of "purity" both use infested as attack dogs.

Slightly off topic, but this thread made me think about the syndicates and how silly it is that they're able to sit around on the relays, while simultaneously attempting to assassinate Tenno who've done nothing to harm them directly (or seemingly even indirectly.)

It'd be nice if DE reworked the syndicates and removed the allies/enemies connections between them so that you could choose to aid up to 3, while allowing you to either remain neutral with the remainder to avoid attacks, or directly undermine the efforts of those syndicates that you disagree with (probably for some sort of reward.)

Edited by TheDrunkenKanaima

i love those trolling and mocking , its make an internet really lively and sometime upsetting but actually almost everything i'm support such as movie manga anime music and etc is being hated by most ppl even syndicate i chosen in warframe like red veil . i mean seriously ? i just wanna know why there is a lot of ppl who dislike this syndicate ?

ps. really sorry if this just another typical ranting and it waste your time to read or click into my topic 

A lot of people hate the Red Veil for two big reasons:

1. They try too hard to be edgy. (Black and red color scheme, glowing red eyes on their helmets, "purge the system" philosophy, overfocus on blood, torturing random grineer lancer in their syndicate room, etc.)

2. Cleansing the system in fire will cause a lot of collateral damage.

That, and the Veil is kind of a letdown in terms of flavor compared to Meridian/Hexis/Suda/Perrin and even Loka. All the other syndicates feel like they've got a legit philosophy, a kind of driving goal that is both rational and achievable. Veil just wants to burn everything to the ground like the Joker.

I'm with steel meridian which fits me personality wise. I like to help people, but we are unfortunately allied with Red veil. I dislike them because I don't find mad collateral damage acceptable and the end don't always justify the means. My 2 main synds are Steel and Hexus, 3rd is Ceph. These because of Truth, Justice, and knowledge. I see veil as little more than neanderthals and hoodlums burning and plundering.

Edited by Echoa

I like Hexis because they see Tenno as the masters of their own destiny. They believe they can become more than just conduits of war and destruction and can attain a higher state of being.

I like Steel Maridian because they realised the Grineer faction was going on a rampage destroying innocent lives and they have to protect the weak they once transgressed.

I like Cephalon Suda because they....well it...just like knowledge and learning and assimilating that knowledge to...I don know, know everything I guess? Whatever, they had the most OP secondary for a while so if I had to trade knowledge and infinite undstanding for a death laser in my hand why not?

I don't mind Perrin Sequence. Even kind of like them. They aren't like the Corpus strictly doing business for profit and plundering Orokin tech to line their pockets. They believe mutual agreements are the best way to further commerce so...meh.

New Loka's pure race stance sounds like Nazi Germany to me.... Screw those guys.

Red Veil are a bunch of 13 year olds from the late 90's. Grew up pissed off because their mom was a drunk @#&*(, and their father a C*** pedophile and they took their angst out of kittens and puppies in their back yard by kicking them and lighting them on fire to the sound track of Poppa Roach.

Basically when I see Red Veil, I see random acts of violence justified as "purifying" the galaxy. Space Terrorist.... But I will say I always liked Ratika Ballistica.

I don't really mind the Red Veil too much, I just prefer the Steel Meridian / Cephalon Suda / Arbiters of Hexis combo more. If anything I find it ironic that the two syndicates who claim to do what they do for sake of "purity" both use infested as attack dogs.

Slightly off topic, but this thread made me think about the syndicates and how silly it is that they're able to sit around on the relays, while simultaneously attempting to assassinate Tenno who've done nothing to harm them directly (or seemingly even indirectly.)

It'd be nice if DE reworked the syndicates and removed the allies/enemies connections between them so that you could choose to aid up to 3, while allowing you to either remain neutral with the remainder to avoid attacks, or directly undermine the efforts of those syndicates that you disagree with (probably for some sort of reward.)

This! Bolded so much! It doesn't make sense that they're reside on TENNO relays when they actively try to kill us for siding with someone they don't like. Their hit squads should at least drop something if we can't active sabotage their efforts. I'd sabotage Red Veil all day....

Edited by (PS4)DBR87

Yet us "bad" syndicate members get hated for that same reason. However just because we're straightforward with our explanation that happens to speak the truth, we're shunned because we don't decorate our intentions with lies and slander. This is why I hate the "good" guys. They're just fakes.

It's only fake if you lack conviction. 

I joined Perrin Sequence and New Loka.  Red Veil just sorta came with the package, and I can use them to gain favor with Steel Meridian which means the only syndicates I miss out on are the two hypocritical ones.

I see a fellow wealthy humanist general that doesn't mind to fight dirty.

^This, all of THIS. If this were the case them I'd definitely pick Perrin, Loka, and Steel and just remain neutral with the others.

They're dark and edgy to the point of being a caricature. I just can't take them seriously.

They filled their room with a tree just to set it on fire, for crying out loud.

Now New Loka, that's the syndicate I really hate, and for four good reasons:

Ancient.

Healer.

Eximus.

Platoon.

• 2 months later...

Of course! Why would RV be considered evil?

Its not like they're torturing a grineer in the back of a room that looks like hell or anything. 

They talk about a "cleansing fire" RED FLAG!!!! (no pun intended) but no I get it

I know of another organization that wants the same thing. Maybe you guys could do a merger. They call themselves "The league of shadows" and they're first leader was a former jedi who wanted to make a city's population go paranoid and kill each other. The second guy was a gas mask wearing chiropractor who started a communist riot and later wanted to NUKE a city.

You belong with the morons that think the arbiters are space nazis. (Excuse me? we are not the ones who want to "cleanse the earth" (new loka) or BURN DOWN ALL CORRUPTION MUHAHAHA (Red Veil/the pyro from tf2 .)