Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Who Want Nerfs...

Inertzia

...are mostly new player. Over the past months I always took a peak at the feedback forums and noticed that the amount of "Please nerf this" threads got bigger and bigger. Most times they where started by new player, the problem is that they don't know that DE is very very bad at nerfing things let's take Frost as a example. On release he was godlike at Defense and because of a lot of "I don't have do do anything please nerf" they nerf hammered him to death we needed to beg for months so DE would even take a look at his state back than and after several months is good a small buff and after about a year he got his rework. Another example would be the Gammacore but let's don't get started on this...

So if you are a new player who wanted to suggest a nerf just now...

giphy.gif

before you crippel another frame or weapon

Thanks for listening reading

Edited by Inertzia

...are mostly new player.

Yeah, no. Right from the start you're pretty much wrong.

And don't forget that the idea of DE nerfing things because people say so is a ridiculous one. DE changes things if they agree they need changing, not because people shout about them a lot. Otherwise balance would be a lot different.

I have to disagree.

Most "nerf threads" i see are usually from players over a year. And we can't say that is a new players, since 1y on a 2 and half game is more than enough.

Also, don't take the post number into consideration. I for one have a few post, and i'm 2y old here, yet, there are some players with less than a year with 4k+ post.

As long as the nerf/buff is respectable i don't care if you play this for it's existance or just found the game.

Warframe needs complete rebalance, every weapon should get reworked, be it stats or costs to manufacture.

DE needs to establish weapon tiering system and progress paths, where weapon in given tier have adequate costs and performance instead of the mess we have now (S#&$ tier weapons at later mastery ranks, while top tier ones are either MR2 or have no requirements at all).

On top of that, there are some things that simple nerfs simply won't cut cough Peacemaker cough and need complete rework.

Look at fan favourite Boltor Prime, for what it takes to acquire it (on average, that's a weapon available mostly in T3 but one can easily get it for like 50p if not less) it's ridiculously overpowered, especially when compared to something like Embolist, with piss-poor range and damage after rather high manufacturing, research costs and MR8 requirement.

We need proper tiering system, there are weapons that are awesome out of the box, S#&$ across the board no matter how much forma you sink into them and weapons that require quite some work to truly shine.

Edited by Mofixil

...are mostly new player. Over the past months I always took a peak at the feedback forums and noticed that the amount of "Please nerf this" threads got bigger and bigger. Most times they where started by new player

Nah.

I've been playing for over 2500 hours, and I think several things in this game need to nerfed into the ground. There's basically two problems with Warframe as things are now:

* Some equipment is very clearly WAY more powerful than alternatives. For example Boltor Prime and Soma Prime. This then forces me to make an uncomfortable choice: Do I use the weapons that I like mechanically and aesthetically, or do I use the weapons that I know are objectively more powerful? Call me crazy but I don't think good design forces this kind of choice. Especially in a progression-based game with so much vertical headroom as Warframe.

* Some equipment and strategy completely and utterly trivializes the game, to the point where it's barely interactive any more.  You will never convince me that Peacemaker and its ability to aimbot through any mission mid to low level mission is a good thing, or that non-LOS one-button radial kills are a good thing.  The more devastating an ability is, the more limited it should be or the more a player should have to work for it. Having stuff that gives ultimate power for no skill and no work is, again, bad design.

Warframe needs complete rebalance, every weapon should get reworked, be it stats or costs to manufacture.

DE needs to establish weapon tiering system and progress paths, where weapon in given tier have adequate costs and performance instead of the mess we have now (S#&$ tier weapons at later mastery ranks, while top tier ones are either MR2 or have no requirements at all).

The issue with this is that it's a MASSIVE undertaking to try and get it right. They evidently aren't too concerned about it at the moment, just like they don't care about avoiding barrages of artificial difficulty.