Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shade Vs. Huras

GravesTheOutlaw

Question

12 answers to this question

Shade was one of the most OP sentinels long ago, it received a nurf so strong it made it obsolete. Now It is on the bottom of the sentinels and kubrows. It is beyond useless, super short range on the "invisibility" which makes Huras much better choice.

Other than MR, I do not see shade being all that useful.

The Huras will NOT keep you cloaked while attacking, unless you're using a beam weapon and are firing before the cloak initiates, and continue firing once cloaked. In which case, you can remain stealthed and firing.

The Huras not only has a longer proximity detection to start cloaking you, it also DOES NOT require line of sight, unlike Shade. If an enemy is around a corner, behind a wall, even above or below you, it can and will cloak you before enemies have a chance to even see you.

That said, I didn't actually check the Prisma's stats, so I don't know how much better it is than the regular counterparts.

The Huras will NOT keep you cloaked while attacking, unless you're using a beam weapon and are firing before the cloak initiates, and continue firing once cloaked. In which case, you can remain stealthed and firing.

The Huras not only has a longer proximity detection to start cloaking you, it also DOES NOT require line of sight, unlike Shade. If an enemy is around a corner, behind a wall, even above or below you, it can and will cloak you before enemies have a chance to even see you.

That said, I didn't actually check the Prisma's stats, so I don't know how much better it is than the regular counterparts.

How about using abilities with Huras and Shade?

All they did was make Shade slightly beefier and the laser slightly stronger.

Edited by GravesTheOutlaw

It feels like Stalk have larger enemy detect range that Ghost. Not sure about time, i always breaking it with gunfire.

Ghost lasts for a pretty small amount of time. Stalk lasts indefinitely until you are out of range of any enemies or you shoot. You can run around casting powers and remain invisible.

A lot of misinformation here...

Here is some stuff you should know about Ghost:

- It's not really for helping you sneak around like you're some cheap Loki knockoff. Mostly, it's for saving your backside when you're activating life support, reviving teammates, capturing targets, reloading, get knocked down etc.

- It takes a second or so to activate, as Shade does a little spin animation.

- It starts with a range of roughly 5m, gaining 1m per rank for a maximum of 10m.

- It has a cooldown of 10s.

- Does not require LOS to maintain or activate. It possibly requires awareness, however, similar to Radial Blind/Javelin.

- Duration is long enough that it's of no practical concern. I know it can last longer than 2 minutes. After that I stopped counting.

- Requires only that an enemy remain within range to be maintained. Any enemy. It need not be the enemy that triggered Ghost.

- Will be broken if Shade activates any other precept, such as Guardian or Revenge. Make sure Ghost is in the top left slot!

- Will be broken by shooting or any melee attack.

- Ghost can be triggered by cameras and turrets. This is probably the biggest cause of wasted cooldowns.

- By reducing range (ie using lower ranked versions of the mod), you can reduce the likelihood that Ghost will be on cooldown when you really need it. 6-8m range seems to be best.

Now, the Huras' Stalk works in much the same way, except it has about twice the range and a bit less cooldown. The range increase is both good and bad. It's the shorter cooldown that really makes it better. Kubrows get targeted much more by enemies, but are easier to keep alive because they can be revived, have much higher shield/health/armor through modding, and because of Pack Leader. They also don't require a Catalyst, and don't cause mod conflicts with your own weapons.

So why would you want to use Shade instead of Huras? Kubrows make great companions if you're at a stage that credits don't concern you any more, but Sentinels are not without their benefits...

- Guardian. Huras cannot restore your shields.

- Sentinels don't require multiple 10 rank mods to function properly. They have Redirection and Vitality and that's about it.

- Sentinels don't require any rare as all hell mods like Bite. The rarest thing they got is Guardian.

- You can prevent Sentinels from ever attacking and drawing aggro by simply not installing their attack precept.

- You don't need to care if your Sentinel dies in a mission.

- You won't ever lose a Sentinel, and don't need to blow resources on clan research for an upgrade to make it so.

- You don't need to spend anything to maintain a Sentinel.

- You don't have to debate whether or not to waste credits to maintain a Sentinel's maximum health, or let it drop to 60%.

- Sentinels can use Sweeper/Prime for Status CC

- Sentinels don't get stuck in weird places when you need them, like behind locked doors or on platforms off a cliff.

- You are 100% guaranteed not to die because your teammate was too busy reviving your damn dog instead of you. No I'm not bitter about this, why do you ask?