Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apply Color Palette To Warframe Abilities

NixinVictus

Everyone knows the color palettes are way too much monies. Two ideas which are awesome.

1:   Make palettes unlockable by completing random side missions and/or defeating certain enemies.

2:  Make the palettes applicable to frame specific abilities.  Like how Excalibur's abilities are blu eand Nyx's are green, how amazing would it be if you could customize those colors?  Answer:  Friggin' AWESOMESAUCE.  I want my Nyx purple and black. I don't necessarily want spray everyone with green mind juice, I want it purple!  Think of how supra sweet it would be if Frost could cast black or red ice?  It would look like freaky rad crystals!

In short, this equals more personalization for the cost, and more internal reward for having to complete tasks to achieve this effect.  This is a great alternative to paying uber creds for the palettes. Right?  You know you wanna do this.

Edited by NixinVictus

First : NO

Second : Yes please

Why no? color pelette is DE's way of making some money for bread, if they make it free they cannot eat, and colors aren't necessary at all so it's not like u will be better if u buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, swapping color scheme doesn't really take a lot of resources.  It's classicly one of the easiest things to do.  That's why in old games, like Dragon Warrior/Quest, half the bad guys are just the same picture with different color schemes.  Because it saves on resources.

So that settles that.  Don't necessarily make the palettes less expensive or rare drops from challenges, but keep them premium while making them applicable to ability customization.  People can have their frames to be pretty much whatever color they want.  It only makes sense those colors should extend to their abilities. It makes sense too. With all the elemental powers, there are different colors of fire depending on how hot it is, electricity color depends on it's wavelength, and so on; it all fits in just fine.  Devs, you catching this?  You pickin up what we're puttin down?  Let's make it bacon!

Everyone knows the color palettes are way too much monies. Two ideas which are awesome.

1:   Make palettes unlockable by completing random side missions and/or defeating certain enemies.

No. $5 isn't "way too much" when all you actually want are probably the Saturated and Smoke color set. (Or maybe Storm if you love that super dark blue, canary yellow and blood red)

The color palettes are a vanity item. It costs to look pretty y'know. Just like Gucci costs an arm and a leg.

No. $5 isn't "way too much" when all you actually want are probably the Saturated and Smoke color set. (Or maybe Storm if you love that super dark blue, canary yellow and blood red)

The color palettes are a vanity item. It costs to look pretty y'know. Just like Gucci costs an arm and a leg.

Not a fan of the first idea, love the second idea though ($5 isn't that much, especially considering that platinum and founders payments are the only ways the devs get paid).

5? Five dollars?! First off, anyway you cut it, that's a freaking lot of money for painting your action figures a different shade. Some games on Steam cost five bucks, albeit either older games, or not this quality, but whole weapons on TF2 cost 99cents! Not only that, but I take it by "$5" being not that much, you're referring to individual palettes. Hello, if I'm concerned at all with aesthetics, I want options. That means the bundle pack. That's 281 plat. To get that, you'd have to get the $30 plat pack! That's completely ridiculous. These are COLOR OPTIONS. $30 Is definitely the price of a whole game right there. The entire bundle pack should be more like $5. I know that many reviews for betas are silly for judgement of an unfinished product, but a reoccurring theme more than half of the negative reviews I've read dwell in the market prices being WAY too high. These complaints are totally valid. Not like I'm going to drop real monies on any game that isn't commercially released yet other than to put five on it for founding style support, as opposed to spending potentially hundreds of dollars on in-game merch when most other free-to play games merch isn't nearly as expensive. I'm sorry, you think paying 20-30 bucks for a warframe with all the fixins, you WILL eventually be able to put together yourself for free, is worth it? I love this game, I'm crazy about, that's not worth it. Then to make pretty much THE ONLY THING in the entire game that you cannot earn in the game (fully accessible color schemes) virtually the cost of the game itself, is just insulting. That's why I say, you want us to pay the cost of an entire game just to play with different colors in game, then the least you can do is make those colors that we're spending REAL money on, not IN-GAME currency on in game colors, real-life funny colored money on fake funny colors, the LEAST you could do is make those colors actively part of the game as ability color choices instead of just passively part of the warframe. Or do we need to pay $99.99 to be part of the "Design Council" so you'll remotely consider this? Edited by NixinVictus

It would turn into a freak show...

Yes, yes it would, a beautiful space ninja genetic opera freak show. Or hek, make the colors purchase able as blueprints that need say, forma, an orokin cell and a dethcubic buttload of polymer bundles? :/

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so I guess they kind of did this now. Devs, if you go all the way with this and make this into the release, you got my monies for color on the games release for sure. So far, I've just messed around with some of the melee swings and throwing knife tracers. Looks great! Keep it up and thank you for the awesomeness!

Edited by NixinVictus