Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorry But Mr Actualy Matters

Attel_Malagate

im going to have to all you on that one since everytime i do raids its usually a MR 13 lower that will cost us the game buy talking a bad trinity or a none forma booben or something. im saying that MR means everything sure a mr 19 could be worse than a MR 11 but the chances that the higher MR player to be more knowledgeable and have suitable mods.

And every time I'm in a failed raid it's because some idiot thought their high MR made them invincible super 1337 gods of Warframe. So based on my luck with randoms, I could draw exactly the opposite conclusion.

And in the other thread, people complain about high mr players not living up to their ranks. What does mastery means for people who really loves the terms "mastery fodder" and "exp farming"?

Well, that's just it. I'm rank 18 because I hoard. To a ridiculous degree. That's it. That's all it means to me - how much you've hoarded - because that's all it is. Honestly, they should rename MR to Collection Percentage or something, remove all rank locks, and leave it at that until they have a full rework.

a good way to determine a good player would be to see how many formas on a frame you've got see more than 2 and you got a good frame as a partner only 1 and ...well......for example if i see rifle amp in a t4 survival and i ask him or her to change and they say I DON'T HAVE ROOM immediately you know hes gonna be carried through out the game.

Still no... I have perfectly viable low/no-forma builds. I can survive with almost any aura I want (except Physique, which is awful by even the most forgiving standard, or Infested Impedance in a non-Infested mission) with the right gear. There are people who put tons of forma on their Boltor Prime/Vaykor Marelok/Scindo Prime and still suck.

Want to know a real, sure-fire way of figuring out what a bad player looks like? Someone who never, ever communicates. Doesn't check chat when asked about their gear before the mission, or when requesting heals/revives/reinforcements/snowglobes/whatever else. Someone who doesn't understand team play and just silently runs off doing whatever they want. That is bad.

Just to add something that happend a few days ago

>be me

>be missing regular frame that drops from lech kril

>join pubgame, because why not?

>mr18 frost places smallest snow globe ever on top of kril

>places 3 more around him

>refuses to remove them

>nobody can shoot kril

>stop hammertime

>beat the living hell out of kril for 15 goddamn minutes

Pubs not even once

I don't necessarily agree, majority of people only put forma's in their favourite frames and weapons, myself included. So if i have to play a frame I don't necessarily use hence they don't have forma's on them im gonna suck? No it doesn't work like that, and you can come up with a nice build for majority of frames without using formas.

well the more formas you have means more time you spend on that frame and also means you probably have maxed out mods to where you need to forma your frame. i cant tell you how many times Ive taken a none forma loki to a t4 surv and the player couldn't get passed 40 mins. lots of forma just means you actually took time on that frame. but int he end it was really just a suggestion MR isn't really a good way to determine if your decent or not though on that we can agree but for now its all you can go by.

Na mastery literally means nothing.

I've seen plenty of MR13-19 without a clue on how to play even basic missions. 

I've played with low mr players better then most vets quite frequently.

In conclusion: Mastery is more or less irreverent and should never be used as a basis for skill or recruiting.

It quite literally gauges nothing except time spent grinding mastery and available gear.

Not to mention you can reach MR 14+ in a few months. 

So its not even a great gauge of time spent playing WF.

I'm only MR 17 and I've been here for longer then I'd like to admit.

This is pointlessly elitist and makes me sad.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

im going to have to call you out on that one since every time i do raids its usually a MR 13 lower that will cost us the game buy talking a bad trinity or a none forma booben or something. I'm not saying that MR means everything sure a mr 19 could be worse than a MR 11 but the chances are higher that the high MR player to be more knowledgeable and have suitable mods.

Honestly I would still be at MR12 if it weren't for syndicates having a cap point tied to MR ranking. I'm now at MR15 and that's because I used the affinity booster weekend to max some archwings and max all the MK1 series just to toss them away. I jumped from 12 to 15 in a week, in no way did that change my most useful weapons that have four forma or my five forma, or my trinity frame or more important weapons. I'm currently working a four or five forma boar prime and maxed out my phage. None of this re-forma stuff gives me MR ranking. If re-forming a frame actually gave MR, I would be way higher than a lot of people now.

The amount of fodder in this game is a lot and higher doesn't necessarily mean they know their theory crafting. God the amount of blessing trinity players that don't use glaive or glaive prime is annoying.

Edited by ivlr3vil

And every time I'm in a failed raid it's because some idiot thought their high MR made them invincible super 1337 gods of Warframe. So based on my luck with randoms, I could draw exactly the opposite conclusion.

Well, that's just it. I'm rank 18 because I hoard. To a ridiculous degree. That's it. That's all it means to me - how much you've hoarded - because that's all it is. Honestly, they should rename MR to Collection Percentage or something, remove all rank locks, and leave it at that until they have a full rework.

Still no... I have perfectly viable low/no-forma builds. I can survive with almost any aura I want (except Physique, which is awful by even the most forgiving standard, or Infested Impedance in a non-Infested mission) with the right gear. There are people who put tons of forma on their Boltor Prime/Vaykor Marelok/Scindo Prime and still suck.

granted forma doesn't equal skill but you missed the point it's the hours of theory crafting an upgrading mods to be able to do stuff mid to late game. For example to go past 1 hour in the void your gonna want to have a rank 9 or higher serration or heavy cal so your guns don't need a whole clip to kill a heavy gunner. How do you get that by putting in the work an time to get them fusion cores. I forma all my stuff cause the mods have high drain I don't care who you are if your not forma'ing your weapons then you either have empty mod slots, your mods most likely are not upgraded or your missing mods that can either get you further into the void an don't notice it. I can bring over 200 different combinations into the void an last over 40 minutes with ease an that's because of knowledge gained and how I spent my time.

ive met people like you who said MY FRAME IS FINE and i trust them and we go ahead and 45 mins come and BAM ran out of revives so excuse me for thinking if your full of bravado. by the way im only do late games and i tell people ahead of time what i wanna go an hour plus. but at the end of the day its just an opinion.

a good way to determine a good player would be to see how many formas on a frame you've got see more than 2 and you got a good frame as a partner only 1 and ...well......for example if i see rifle amp in a t4 survival and i ask him or her to change and they say I DON'T HAVE ROOM immediately you know hes gonna be carried through out the game.

I have 4 forma on my frost prime and I can safely say without changing out any of my mods that I have no room to change my aura from rejuv to CP Edited by Sibernetika

Sure but statisticaly speaking, an mr 18 that touched to 90% of the games weapons and frames is more likely to be good than an mr 10.

Thats a load of bullhonkey.

Especially now days because things like draco etc exist.

Maybe before power leveling was a thing sure, but not anymore.

Honestly I would still be at MR12 if it weren't for syndicates having a cap point tied to MR ranking. I'm now at MR15 and that's because I used the affinity booster weekend to max some archwings and max all the MK1 series just to toss them away. I jumped from 12 to 15 in a week, in no way did that change my most useful weapons that have four forma or my five forma, or my trinity frame or more important weapons. I'm currently working a four or five forma boar prime and maxed out my phage. None of this re-forma stuff gives me MR ranking. If re-forming a frame actually gave MR, I would be way higher than a lot of people now.

The amount of fodder in this game is a lot and higher doesn't necessarily mean they know their theory crafting. God the amount of blessing trinity players that don't use glaive or glaive prime is annoying.

i say forma is the proper way to judge a person on skill. adding lots of forma mean that person took time and effort to understand equipment to actually forma a weapon. byt he way how are you loving the boar prime now? i got 2 forma so far im thinking 2 more might get me to where i can place any mod on it and be flexible with multiple builds.

i say forma is the proper way to judge a person on skill. adding lots of forma mean that person took time and effort to understand equipment to actually forma a weapon. byt he way how are you loving the boar prime now? i got 2 forma so far im thinking 2 more might get me to where i can place any mod on it and be flexible with multiple builds.

its good at four just like strun wraith I can vouch for it.

well the more formas you have means more time you spend on that frame and also means you probably have maxed out mods to where you need to forma your frame. i cant tell you how many times Ive taken a none forma loki to a t4 surv and the player couldn't get passed 40 mins. lots of forma just means you actually took time on that frame. but int he end it was really just a suggestion MR isn't really a good way to determine if your decent or not though on that we can agree but for now its all you can go by.

My loki prime has 0 formas and is still my best frame.

Both of my loki builds don't use enough points to need a forma.

Even with the exilus slot in use

I have 4 forma on my frost and I can safely say without changing out any of my mods that I have no room to change my aura from rejuv to CP

yeah i learned to leave a neutral polarity on all my aura slots on frames i decide to work on but i bet your one awesome frost right? since you spent some time it right? that's why i like the idea on knowing how many formas people have on that one frame.

Those guys seem horibble

Hours played is a better indicator than MR though

I agree

I've seen absolutely clueless MR18/19 players, and when you view their profile it's chock full of weapons with ~500k xp and ~0-10 kills.

Probably just players xp farming without a single clue of what they're doing

Can honestly say that MR doesn't matter all that much, as most others said, Time played is the best indicator. The thing is that mot people don't want each person's profile to look at their time played when they are looking for good players. 

Time played is no kind of indicator either. I know ppl who have 3000 hours because they stay logged on when they sleep, go out for a night on the town, or go on vacation. I'd have to say total kills and completed missions is a better indicator of a quality player.

My loki prime has 0 formas and is still my best frame.

Both of my loki builds don't use enough points to need a forma.

Even with the exilus slot in use

ok then at the end of the day i wouldn't wanna go long run with you but its just an opinion. as long as you don't get int he way of my play style you can do what ever you want lol.

So as a mr 19 player I just wasted 2 hours playing in t4 farming prime parts in order to get prisma shade, 3 times in a row, it failed because the team couldn't keep up, all between mr 9 to 13 all where in the lobby and god where they bad, I dont know if the dificulty of t4 has increased that much, they all had soma prime or other high dps weapons, like any other players, everything was fine until the 5th wave .... and here starts the joke.

When as trinity, I EV the entire universe to keep the mesa and the frost at full energy I expect some kind of results from them, and this is what happened, the frost was placing globes all around the map, giving a nice little cover to nulifiers and bombards while the mesa forgot to use peacemaker half of the time and the third who I told not to take ash in the lobby started the timer and took ember insted ...., first fail of the day, they all died at wave 15 and I eventualy got downed myself because noone respawned. 

The other ones where a repetition of bad players not knowing what a defence is and runing around like the cryopod didn't exist, and I lost the oportunity to get prisma shade because I'm visiting my family in 30 min.

So I post here to require a MR based recrutment chat, or at least the ability to set an mr requirment in the lobby, sorry, it may look elitist but when I have little time to play because I'm working and studying at the same time, I want to be alble to play with competent players that won't get killed at wave 5 because of the joke they call their playstyle, I'm not a particulary good player, but I expect my teamates to be albe to stand a full defence rotation.

whining is not really the job of us tenno's, then help them ... talk, share, its never too late for

MR_based means first of all respecting everybody, if people are useless rushers and destroy the gameplay we are protectors for good style and kick their a55es with reports on support and some sharp messages ... or funny messages where they can read that pokemon should be the game of choice for them ... )))

if people are new in the biz and play whatever mission which goes over their capacity then it means they want play warframe !!!

we have to honour that ... and give em a shoulder ,-)

Edited by LEEV_

Time played is no kind of indicator either. I know ppl who have 3000 hours because they stay logged on when they sleep, go out for a night on the town, or go on vacation. I'd have to say total kills and completed missions is a better indicator of a quality player.

mission completed also includes hours of farming runs or Draco which we already disproved as mastery doesn't hold true value because you can just spend days doing it an that also goes to your mission success

loki prime doesn't need to be forma'd cause the best builds already fit into him with his predetermined polarities

I would have believed it if he didn't say he had no forma even with an exilus slot. I had to forma my loki once just for that because my build has both max primed continuity and a max primed flow. There's no way he can fit all the best survival mods, max range disarm and have points for a rush or piercing step.

Without an exlius, you can indeeed fit all the necessary mods for a lot of builds made for nightmare raid for loki prime.

Edited by ivlr3vil

I think I have 7 or 8 forma on my Boar prime... I may or my not have changed a polarity or two is my build changed I love my piggy prime

SWEET BABY JESUS!!!

mission completed also includes hours of farming runs or Draco which we already disproved as mastery doesn't hold true value because you can just spend days doing it an that also goes to your mission success

Ive actually never thought of that thats a good point. same could be said about forma right?