Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guild Wars Free 2 Play

Mr.ToastForPresident

I never played it but I am so old to begin another mmo games when I played a lot before. 

PS: The core game went into ftp but the next expansion pack is buy once play forever. 

I feel something wowlike ftp there.

Edited by Sziklamester

I've always wanted to play GW2, but the fact that it plays like WoW (stand in one spot, cast spells as they come off cooldown) really put me off. I don't care how visually appealing the game is or how good the story is, I need something way more engaging than a 'cow clicker'.

Edited by Ailith

I've always wanted to play GW2, but the fact that it plays like WoW (stand in one spot, cast spells as they come off cooldown) really put me off. I don't care how visually appealing the game is or how good the story is, I need something way more engaging than a 'cow clicker'.

lol you don't stand still in Gw2... you do in most content and you are dead... compared to a lot of other mmo's Gw2 is very mobile and flows well, it has one of my favourite play styles any game has had

I can suggest you the dragon nest then. That's a korean mmo game which have different engange system than GW2 and Wow. Looks like really hmm how to say cutie but I can't get into myself because often feel unmotivated to do anything there.

I give a try now to Gw2 but maybe just few try.

lol you don't stand still in Gw2... you do in most content and you are dead... compared to a lot of other mmo's Gw2 is very mobile and flows well, it has one of my favourite play styles any game has had

There have been several MMOs in recent years that tried to make the WoW system more interesting, but it really just translates to "cast spells and move out of the enemy's damage zones when they cast abilities". No, you don't literally stand still the whole time, but compared to a game like Vindictus, you may as well be.

Just not my thing.

I've been waiting for a Trial for like, ever. Now it goes free, i've tested, loving it so far.

Reminds me of TERA, but still different, feel much smoother and not so "animation stuck". Still at low level to judge more, yet, it's been way better than what i was expecting.

As for the "don't like games where you stand still and cas spells", that is not very "common" in GW2. I've played WoW/Lineage 2/TERA as a Tank so i know how that feels. You only move when needed. Either be it on PvP you got an enemy nearby or PvE you're on a AoE Zone.

GW2 is way less forgiving in "stand still and cast", since, for what i can tell for now, you don't get bonus for hiting back or front. Like the games i've mentioned, which all have increased damage on backstabbig.

The fact is, GW2 is by far, PvP oriented. There is still alot of PvE, thats for sure, but not like TERA or WoW, which 90% of the content is PvE. GW2 stands around 60% PvP and 40% PvE IMO (most likely wrong but you ge the point).

It's a good game to give a try.