The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Keys As 'special Training'

Terumitsu

So, we all have a fairly good idea of what Dragon Keys do, right? They hamper us as we all farm for corrupted mods and that's all fine and good but..

Well, I had the idea that perhaps, as they are such a hamper, they could be used as a kind of 'special training' when worn to boost Affinity gain or something in normal missions. Basically additional challenge for a reward of some kind. Maybe set it up that you could have several keys on for a greater boost in affinity gain but only the first that comes up in our loadout actually works in the derelict for reasons of not just being a single-person farm squad.

At the very least, I think it would help speed up the process of re-leveling with forma or leveling stuff you aren't fond of. Or just give others a little more of a challenge or something.

What do the rest of you think of this? Has this already been suggested?

But would not almost everyone use Hobbled Dragon Keys, because Parkour 2.0 makes the slowed movement speed quite less of a hinderance?

They wouldn't all have to be a flat bonus, the bonus could be specific to each key.  Point being: hobbled is worth much less than extinguished.

I like the idea, quite a lot.

They wouldn't all have to be a flat bonus, the bonus could be specific to each key.  Point being: hobbled is worth much less than extinguished.

But the problem becomes: 

What value would become suitable for a Hobbled Key, for instance? Too low, and might as well not bother with it, and too high would just make it easy. 

Personally, I would go for flat bonuses, and make the Hobbled Key actually affect Parkour 2.0 movements. 

+1, great idea!

But would not almost everyone use Hobbled Dragon Keys, because Parkour 2.0 makes the slowed movement speed quite less of a hinderance?

Let different keys give different benefits.

Like extinguished could give bonus affinity to weapons only, decaying and bleeding to frames and hobbled to everything at half the value. Stacking two keys for warframe affinity would still be fair considering how much they cripple you and that extinguished could give bonus exp to three weapons at once.

Ehhh. Not sure about that one, that just seems like an even easier way to leech affinity off of other players. There are many out there that would just love to bring their mastery-fodder, bottom-tier, unranked weapons, slap on an extinguished key, and gain even MORE affinity even though they would be doing a grand total of 3 damage, essentially just giving them more reason to be worthless and leech off other players.

Let different keys give different benefits.

Like extinguished could give bonus affinity to weapons only, decaying and bleeding to frames and hobbled to everything at half the value. Stacking two keys for warframe affinity would still be fair considering how much they cripple you and that extinguished could give bonus exp to three weapons at once.

That can potentially promote more focused ways to gain extra Affinity without doing much in the mission itself, which can run counter to the point of Dragon Keys. I am still in the camp of "global, small buff to Affinity for any Dragon Key equipped, but just make Hobbled Key actually affect all movement rather than specific ones.". 

That can potentially promote more focused ways to gain extra Affinity without doing much in the mission itself, which can run counter to the point of Dragon Keys. I am still in the camp of "global, small buff to Affinity for any Dragon Key equipped, but just make Hobbled Key actually affect all movement rather than specific ones.". 

We're not talking about any specific numbers, so yeah. The buff to affinity doesn't have to be very big but it can stack to something noticeable if you penalize yourself with four of them.

Extinguished could give bonus affinity to weapons only, [...] and three weapons at once.

This could work only for affinity you gain from your kills. I can't think of any solution like this for decaying and bleeding keys. Affinity for casting abilities won't do... :/