Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daddy's Words Of Wisdom Thread

Daaaddy

What do you think of swedens current immigration politics?

That is more interesting. Last I've been to Sweden was around 7 years ago. Sweden is a large beautiful place with just over 9mil/10mil (i'm not a statistician) people making it one of the less densely populated places on earth. Which is good because the Swedes really love their space, their big homes and countryside walks.

My current understanding is that Sweden is currently one of the highest asylum "accepters" in Europe and there are calls from some quarters to slow down the acceptance of new immigrants. This is actually pretty much in line I guess with what the world is currently experiencing; a general reversal of the popularist trend of migrations over the past decade.

Much of the problem is the same. Immigrants steal jobs, demand welfare, can't blend into the culture, and the sudden influx puts a strain on infrastructure...etc. It also doesn't help that large number of migrants come from less well off countries trying to seek better fortunes for themselves. So more than being useful to the economy, a large number of them end up being on social support and the like which puts a further strain on the working population.

So yes, I can relate to the upcoming referendum in Sweden that wants to put a stop to generous Swedish immigration though I am also of the view that not all immigration is bad for a country. But i'll admit I have no long term solution to the immigration problem. If I had, I would have written in to the UN or something:)

That is more interesting. Last I've been to Sweden was around 7 years ago. Sweden is a large beautiful place with just over 9mil/10mil (i'm not a statistician) people making it one of the less densely populated places on earth. Which is good because the Swedes really love their space, their big homes and countryside walks.

My current understanding is that Sweden is currently one of the highest asylum "accepters" in Europe and there are calls from some quarters to slow down the acceptance of new immigrants. This is actually pretty much in line I guess with what the world is currently experiencing; a general reversal of the popularist trend of migrations over the past decade.

Much of the problem is the same. Immigrants steal jobs, demand welfare, can't blend into the culture, and the sudden influx puts a strain on infrastructure...etc. It also doesn't help that large number of migrants come from less well off countries trying to seek better fortunes for themselves. So more than being useful to the economy, a large number of them end up being on social support and the like which puts a further strain on the working population.

So yes, I can relate to the upcoming referendum in Sweden that wants to put a stop to generous Swedish immigration though I am also of the view that not all immigration is bad for a country. But i'll admit I have no long term solution to the immigration problem. If I had, I would have written in to the UN or something:)

Clearly, Sweden is the better choice over Canada.

Clearly, Sweden is the better choice over Canada.

There is no better choice. It's all preference over cultures and climates mate. Swedish people (no offense) are colder, keep to themselves more, speak perfect English and Swedish.

Canadians I generally feel are more diverse, have a way larger Asian community and speak French (and English). But whichever your choice, I love both countries alot

There is no better choice. It's all preference over cultures and climates mate. Swedish people (no offense) are colder, keep to themselves more, speak perfect English and Swedish.

Canadians I generally feel are more diverse, have a way larger Asian community and speak French (and English). But whichever your choice, I love both countries alot

So...yeah.  Sweden is clearly the better choice over Canada.

A pet peeve of mine around here occurs around the time of major updates. Usually, those in the European countries start complaining about how DE is delivering their updates late past the date scheduled. However, these people fail to understand that while it past the scheduled due date where they live, it is often still midday-early afternoon in DE's time zone (eastern US). Do you have any recommendations on how to help clueless gamers understand the concept of time zones?

How do I fix that too?

1. The end all and be all of any game is the community who supports the developers financially

2. Fragment the community divide opinions start troll wars make this place inhospitable and

3. This environment would seep in game and make it unbearable for players new and old alike

4. When players stop buying plats and the game gets a bad rep things will start to move