The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Market Is A Joke And Actively Discourages Impulse Purchases (Updated, Includes Solution To Installed Catalysts/weapon Slot On Weapons)

I'm still wondering who was the Einstein that decided to make the Gorgon, Latron, Skana ( seriously DE? The Skana? ), Burston, Furis, Boar, and Strun all blueprint/Plat items instead of credit items like they used to be, new players will be stuck with the default loadout much longer instead of being able to upgrade to a Burston, Cronus, and Furis so that they're ready for Venus.

Edited by __Kanade__

I don't care about the pricing of weapons i grind for everything besides Potatoes, Once they stop scamming us with making us buy reactors and catalysts with plats and just Let us get the darn things in the void or something il be happy. (trading for plats is dumb, because everyone wants the mods and stuff 98% of people don't have so that barely works either)

I don't personally have much of a problem with their pricing, but I do think it'd be beneficial to them to make many more of the items a more casually accessible price. 

One thing that doesn't get mentioned is that aside from sales they do run, there are very frequent discounts available for Platinum itself. There were some really good deals all through the holidays, a good deal for Black Friday, I often get 20% deals from daily rewards and a higher discount is available occasionally, and so on. It's also possible to get Platinum through trading at this point rather than just putting down real money, if someone chose to go that route. 

I agree that everything is way over priced.  I rarely if every buy anything from DE unless it is on a great sale and I have a ton of plat.  Its just not worth it.  I spend my plat on cats, formas, slots and buying mods.  When I do buy a mod I spend as little as I can get away with.  I turn down people who ask for 15p when I think the mod is worth 8p. Why would I drop 375 on Oberon when I can farm him in one hour, buy a slot and a cat for 40p?  FYI this is exactly what I did.

DE is loosing money by not thinking economically.  They should let us decide what the prices should be worth.  Start with any price and if no one buys then the price should fall.  Since collusion is impossible eventually we will start buying and they will get a fair (market?) price.  This is the only way since no one really knows what platinum is worth.

The only problem is that yur over pricing the jump of a weapon with just the cata and a weapon with the cata and slot. 10 plat for 1 slot? or just buy 2 weapons you need/want with only the cata and then buy slots (come in a pack of 2 or 3).

You would save more platinum if you didn't buy the biggest deal for the weapon.

I agree that everything is way over priced.  I rarely if every buy anything from DE unless it is on a great sale and I have a ton of plat.  Its just not worth it.  I spend my plat on cats, formas, slots and buying mods.  When I do buy a mod I spend as little as I can get away with.  I turn down people who ask for 15p when I think the mod is worth 8p. Why would I drop 375 on Oberon when I can farm him in one hour, buy a slot and a cat for 40p?  FYI this is exactly what I did.

DE is loosing money by not thinking economically.  They should let us decide what the prices should be worth.  Start with any price and if no one buys then the price should fall.  Since collusion is impossible eventually we will start buying and they will get a fair (market?) price.  This is the only way since no one really knows what platinum is worth.

I said this before and I'll say it again. There have been many times where I'm so damn frustrated I'm not getting a certain piece drop, so I go to the market. "Damn it, I'll just buy this fcking thi-- wait, how much does this thing cost?"

I immediately go back to the grind just because the price is so stupid.

I said this before and I'll say it again. There have been many times where I'm so damn frustrated I'm not getting a certain piece drop, so I go to the market. "Damn it, I'll just buy this fcking thi-- wait, how much does this thing cost?"

I immediately go back to the grind just because the price is so stupid.

http://wftrading.net/

I use this as a guide.  Someone will eventually be reasonable and if not, its fun to haggle.

You forget weapons come with a slot and a catalyst.

Seeing as catalysts cost 20 and a single slot costs 6 platinum, your viper costing 25 makes no sense.

I'm brazilian, whatever platinum I buy, I'll pay around twice as much as any dollar customer and I don't think the prices are quite absurd or anything.

Platinum is used to buy commodities, most people buy simply slots and colors, which are fairly priced, specially the bundles.

Some prices could be adjusted, sure, I agree, but your outrage is exaggerated.

He's just angry about missing all the alerts that give away the stuff for free. And the fact his log in rewards are only creds or exp.

The stuff is expensive for a reason. It's to entice you to spend less moneys and grind for the weapons and frames. $5 can get a few weapon and frame slots. Go out and build the frames and weapons. Missing all the Catalysts and reactors? There's and app for that.

I guess the prices are out of necessity. If someone is going to shortcut by paying rather than grinding for something, they can afford to charge a markup.

While I'm not privvy to DE's financial resources, I have a feeling they aren't swimming in endless profit with this game. If they were making more money, I imagine they would be able to have more sales and cheaper prices. Steam for example couldn't afford to sell games at 50-90% off if they weren't making so much collective income that they could absorb the loss by sheer number of broad spectrum sales.

But some of the items are pretty oddly priced, I agree. I think in lieu of researching interest, someone just made judgement call on some of them.

Edited by Serpentia

I agree that prices on the market are so ridiculous I will never buy anything else than Slots/Catalyst/Reactors. Upvote.

The only explanation on those prices is that they were also a result of RNG. They make NO business sense whatsoever.

Edited by Hyunsai

I have been playing for 5 months. I have received two 75%off tokens in that time from daily rewards. In that same time I have received three 50% and countless 20% tokens. I have paid roughly one hundred and twenty dollars or so for platinum. I have never bought a weapon or frame. I have Thosand's of platinum and I throw it away on time completion in my dojo for fun. Any one who pays 10$ for 170 platinum already knows what they are buying from the market and intends a rapid introduction to this free to play game, or is a insignificant outlier variable. in my five months of playing I could have bought every non essential thing i have for twenty dollars (1000 platinum at 75%). Every essential thing I have unlocked through playing.

If the game gave away all the everything we ever could have wanted for 10$ it would ruin; Future trade market access avenues due to market saturation, the larger portion of accomplishment due to unlocking super fun gear, a portion of the economy of DE, the accomplishments of any person who has worked in game or out for the things they have.

This thread is gross.

I have been playing for 5 months. I have received two 75%off tokens in that time from daily rewards. In that same time I have received three 50% and countless 20% tokens. I have paid roughly one hundred and twenty dollars or so for platinum. I have never bought a weapon or frame. I have Thosand's of platinum and I throw it away on time completion in my dojo for fun. Any one who pays 10$ for 170 platinum already knows what they are buying from the market and intends a rapid introduction to this free to play game, or is a insignificant outlier variable. in my five months of playing I could have bought every non essential thing i have for twenty dollars (1000 platinum at 75%). Every essential thing I have unlocked through playing.

If the game gave away all the everything we ever could have wanted for 10$ it would ruin; Future trade market access avenues due to market saturation, the larger portion of accomplishment due to unlocking super fun gear, a portion of the economy of DE, the accomplishments of any person who has worked in game or out for the things they have.

This thread is gross.

This is one of the silliest posts I have ever read.

1) Just because you can obtain something for free, does not excuse the market prices. 

If a game has a weapon available for $30, or 500 hours of in-game time, is that fair? Hell no.

2) Did you even read the thread? Not a single piece of content indicated that people should "get everything they ever wanted" for $10.

when you make your own game then you can dictate the prices. Everyone in this post has alluded to the fact that with some patience and a little bit of RNG luck you can get all the platinum you ever wanted for dirt cheap. On top of which you can spend all of your time in game trading and earn thousands and thousands of plat for ZERO real cash. What more do you want?

the prices are fine. especially when you buy the bundles. really dont see what all of the moaning is about.

Everyone in this post has alluded to the fact that with some patience and a little bit of RNG luck you can get all the platinum you ever wanted for dirt cheap.

He is trying to make the point that F2P business model is about A LOT of small transactions, not A FEW of high ones. Dual Skana isn't a friggin Macbook.

Technically speaking, from DE's point of view, it's better if people buy more stuff for cheaper prices instead of grinding months for free.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

$5 SHOULD be the cap for most things.  The thing with impulse buys is that well, people are impulsive and if something looks cheap, they'd buy it, and lots of it.

I've spent only around $200 on MapleStory, and that's 4x what I've spent on this game that is untold numbers of times more enjoyable and original and with a dev team that much more worthy of support (if you can even call Nexon America a "developer" lol).  Plenty of friends of mine spent thousands on MS.  Why?  Because in that crappy game, you can buy a cool cosmetic t-shirt that visually replaces your chest armor for $2.  You can buy an awesome weapon visual replacement (say, change your boring pistol to your palm shooting laser) for $2-4.  You can replace your boring cape with a teddy-bear bigger than your character that hugs your neck and dangles behind you for no more than $5.

This is how a F2P game becomes financially successful:  offer TONS AND TONS of tiny stuff that are cool but cheap.  And like everyone else has said: offer actually meaningful sales.  Lots of sales, cycle through the items with constant sales.  Look at LoL.

My goodness DE.  This isn't difficult.

This is one of the silliest posts I have ever read.

1) Just because you can obtain something for free, does not excuse the market prices. 

If a game has a weapon available for $30, or 500 hours of in-game time, is that fair? Hell no.

2) Did you even read the thread? Not a single piece of content indicated that people should "get everything they ever wanted" for $10.

1) Whoa when, what weapon are they selling for 540 platinum or 500 hours playtime! thats ridiculous I'm with you bro thats crazy.

2) Yeah I do, It comes out randomly when i close my eyes and try to find the text box, I swear half the things i wrote before I stopped doing that weren't even close to relevant.

I find it curious that you make fun of hyperbole when you used hyperbole yourself in your post.

Oh if I did in my post it was more likely a ignorant mistake, or difference of opinion. in the fact I still looking back can't see it I wont be mad if you point it out because I can't Identify the exaggeration

But also that sounds like classic me being ironic. Not this time though.