Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Market Is A Joke And Actively Discourages Impulse Purchases (Updated, Includes Solution To Installed Catalysts/weapon Slot On Weapons)

My statement was never challenged or threatened. He called it stupid because of thirty dollar weapons and 500 hour grind times. Neither of which exist.

While the $30 bit might (edit) not be true, frames are close to that. Buying only the amount of plat you need will still cost you $25 (with a little extra left over)

And 500 hours grinds is actually possible because of the fact RNG has no backstop in this game. (I.e. detron, void, miter, etc.)

And at the same time, your statement (I think it was yours) of "Getting everything for $10" was pretty dumb, and a strawman.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I would complain about the prices but that was only because i was thick enough to blow like £30 when i first started and wasted it on buying warframes and weapons. I soon realised how simple it is to actually build these items.

The prices are insane though, i'm sure that they would make even more money if they lowered the prices to something not insane.

While the $30 bit might be true, frames are close to that. Buying only the amount of plat you need will still cost you $25 (with a little extra left over)

And 500 hours grinds is actually possible because of the fact RNG has no backstop in this game. (I.e. detron, void, miter, etc.)

And at the same time, your statement (I think it was yours) of "Getting everything for $10" was pretty dumb, and a strawman.

Well its not might be, its 100% not true the most you can spend on a weapon is $20 if you bought it 5$ at a time, instead of paying $20 for the 370Platinum pack which would leave you with a large remainder of Platinum which means less than $20.

I've already addressed the 25$ price of frames in my first post, but its good to have the actual number for reference here. $25 is the most you could pay.

Void weapons and detron are not marketable, and outside of the scope of the thread. Miter is the only weapon I'm aware of with unlock-able components that is also available in the market. At a speed of 30 minutes a run (which would represent a Very slow player) I challenge you to find me a player with 1000 components and no mitre. I think that RNG data is so stretched I doubt its happened yet, there for possible but not applicable.

There is no call for name calling. The original post specifies that the price is to be reduced but never specifies how much by as i cover in my earlier statements. But it does state OP quote "As you can see for weapons, we agreed upon a $5 limit. After all these weapons can be farmed up with relative ease. So what good is it to make half the weapons cost $15" which shows he would like the prices reduced by 66%. Being that i showed its possible to buy for as little as $2.75, a 66% reduction to this price would leave $0.91 allowing for 10 weapon purchases for 10$. This is easily in the range for many players as my complete quote shows everything they could want from the game. My quote in full; "If the game gave away all the everything we ever could have wanted for 10$ it would ruin; Future trade market access avenues due to market saturation, the larger portion of accomplishment due to unlocking super fun gear, a portion of the economy of DE, the accomplishments of any person who has worked in game or out for the things they have."

There for not a straw man but real data based off real numbers. The arguable point if you wanted to argue it would not be straw man attacks. The best way is pointing out weak data from a limited pool, which is the rarity of savings tokens in daily rewards. I only show myself as a example which is easy to attack.

But in the original statement data is all I intended to show, and it's self evident. So that would be sorta moot. Better to show your own opinion based on real numbers to add data.

Most people want money. I can't argue with that.

what is puzzling is that DE seems to not want our cash.

If bulk of stuff got down to humane prices, they would sell like cakes.

As it is now, some items will basically never ever sell (dual skana and more than half melee weapons, Rhino, most packs over 400 plat).

Edited by bobafetthotmail

what is puzzling is that DE seems to not want our cash.

If bulk of stuff got down to humane prices, they would sell like cakes.

As it is now, some items will basically never ever sell (dual skana and more than half melee weapons, Rhino, most packs over 400 plat).

Whats amazing is that they don't want our cash, and have released 2 gigs of content in four months on a two gig game. They aren't having capitol problems, and they reward playing above money. This is a amazing concept.

Also encouraging buying large platinum packs by having pricey weaponry encourages leftover platinum. That platinum is what feeds the mod trade keeping this game free to play for players who don't wish to pay.

Further more by reducing the price you increase the buying power of platinum causing people to buy less of the top packs due to lack of need, but also by increasing the buying power of a platinum you decrease your ability to buy platinum by trading mods.

Platinum power up vs mod power stagnant = Inability to afford mod farm time required per platinum.

Whats amazing is that they don't want our cash, and have released 2 gigs of content in four months on a two gig game. They aren't having capitol problems, and they reward playing above money. This is a amazing concept.

Also encouraging buying large platinum packs by having pricey weaponry encourages leftover platinum. That platinum is what feeds the mod trade keeping this game free to play for players who don't wish to pay.

Further more by reducing the price you increase the buying power of platinum causing people to buy less of the top packs due to lack of need, but also by increasing the buying power of a platinum you decrease your ability to buy platinum by trading mods.

Platinum power up vs mod power stagnant = Inability to afford mod farm time required per platinum.

But you see, People will buy more platinum, because the prices are so low.

You make prices more affordable = more people to buy the product = more money made.

Economics 101 here.

But you see, People will buy more platinum, because the prices are so low.

You make prices more affordable = more people to buy the product = more money made.

Economics 101 here.

Yeah I think your likely right the game could use a 10%-25% platinum received to dollar paid boost. though they likely would have to be cautious to not damage their economy there may be factors we're not taking into consideration. should probably raise skin prices at the same time as giving better platinum to cash conversion.

That would stimulate the economy and simulate inflation allowing the poor to obtain their share with greater ease. This likely would not have been the case when this board was formed but there are enough weapons in the pool to make back the excess in selling weapon slots to people buying weapons due to the bulk mass of weapons that are now available.

And even if this did generate a problem they could just up the tax on trade to absorb credits increasing platinum to credit conversions through the market. yeah i like the inverse of the idea. More plat instead of lower prices up vote you :D.

Yeah I think your likely right the game could use a 10%-25% platinum received to dollar paid boost. though they likely would have to be cautious to not damage their economy there may be factors we're not taking into consideration. should probably raise skin prices at the same time as giving better platinum to cash conversion.

That would stimulate the economy and simulate inflation allowing the poor to obtain their share with greater ease. This likely would not have been the case when this board was formed but there are enough weapons in the pool to make back the excess in selling weapon slots to people buying weapons due to the bulk mass of weapons that are now available.

And even if this did generate a problem they could just up the tax on trade to absorb credits increasing platinum to credit conversions through the market. yeah i like the inverse of the idea. More plat instead of lower prices up vote you :D.

Not really anything I said, All I'm saying is the prices of items in the market need to be reduced, 12$ for Dual SKANA? Right now, I think Platinum is Fairly priced, just the majority of the Market items are unbelievebly expensive. Aforementioned Dual Skana ad nauseam.

I'm going to say it and once I say it anyone trying to argue the OP's proposition will never and I mean ever be able to try to justify DE's current pricing not even DE's sales department.

League of Legends is cheaper then Warframe.

There you have it folks, if you understand on how the Riot Point system works in League of Legends, it's acutally cheaper then Warframe ( Buying Characters you need on a weekly sale; bundles that offer good deals and even more discounts on champions that you already own in the bundle).

This is excluding the cosmetic skins, and just getting the actual things that are needed in the game ( rune pages, champions compared to weapon slots, warframe slots, warframes).

Edited by Overflowing

Not really anything I said, All I'm saying is the prices of items in the market need to be reduced, 12$ for Dual SKANA? Right now, I think Platinum is Fairly priced, just the majority of the Market items are unbelievebly expensive. Aforementioned Dual Skana ad nauseam.

oh alas i disagree with lowering prices on weapons. for priorly stated reasons.

But raising platinum received per dollar I'm for :D.

I'm going to say it and once I say it anyone trying to argue the OP's proposition will never and I mean ever be able to try to justify DE's current pricing not even DE's sales department.

League of Legends is cheaper then Warframe.

There you have it folks, if you understand on how the Riot Point system works in League of Legends, it's acutally cheaper then Warframe ( Buying Characters you need on a weekly sale; bundles that offer good deals and even more discounts on champions that you already own in the bundle).

This is excluding the cosmetic skins, and just getting the actual things that are needed in the game ( rune pages, champions compared to weapon slots, warframe slots, warframes).

DE has no need to justify anything. And you made some serious grammatical errors in here that make it impossible to tell what argument you were attacking. should edit. I'm assuming your badmouthing DE based on the content of your post. Their wallets are their own justice one way or another.

If we're comparing sale rates between the two, then Warframe wins, because I do know the math. 75% off $20=$5. 5$=370P. Most expensive weapon 265P. 265/370 = 72%. 0.72x$5.00 = $3.60. Riot points 5$ = 650. 487/650 = 75%. 0.75x$5.00 = $3.75. Warframs sale price = 3.60, Riots sale = 3.75. So yeah they are actually very easily comparable. and the more you buy of warframes currency, the more it out paces league of legends. Further more Warframe only has one weapon that sells at that premium putting it further ahead if you calculate total sales across the board.

please everyone start using REAL figures and math instead of just saying what you feel is true, about numbers that actually exist and are available.

DE has no need to justify anything. And you made some serious grammatical errors in here that make it impossible to tell what argument you were attacking. should edit. I'm assuming your badmouthing DE based on the content of your post. Their wallets are their own justice one way or another.

If we're comparing sale rates between the two, then Warframe wins, because I do know the math. 75% off $20=$5. 5$=370P. Most expensive weapon 265P. 265/370 = 72%. 0.72x$5.00 = $3.60. Riot points 5$ = 650. 487/650 = 75%. 0.75x$5.00 = $3.75. Warframs sale price = 3.60, Riots sale = 3.75. So yeah they are actually very easily comparable. and the more you buy of warframes currency, the more it out paces league of legends. Further more Warframe only has one weapon that sells at that premium putting it further ahead if you calculate total sales across the board.

please everyone start using REAL figures and math instead of just saying what you feel is true, about numbers that actually exist and are available.

Is this guy for real? Those aren't even sales rates you are comparing, they are prices. Sales rate is, surprisingly enough, the rate in which sales occur (how often an item is being bought). 

First off, the 75% off coupons are, in my experience, rarer than the potato BPs in login rewards. 20% off are fairly common, but in the past couple months of me playing this game I have not even seen a 75% off coupon. Something that rare should not be treated like its the norm when talking about pricing. Throw numbers around all you want in order to act like your argument is more objective than other people's, but at the very least make sure your numbers aren't based around an exceedingly rare occurrence, especially if you are going to criticize others for not putting numbers together to justify their arguments.

Second, a 75% off coupon, can not justify exceedingly high prices unless its common enough that they might as well just eliminate the coupon and cut prices by 75% across the board anyway. The coupons were a band-aid used to cover up the problem, not a fix.

Third, if you really think Warframe's prices are fine, then justify the following:

1.The differences in costs between the various weapons do not relate at all to their effectiveness, nor even their popularity. For example, single Skana costs more then Dual Skana, despite being a starter weapon. That doesn't make a lick of sense.

2.Volt costs 5 dollars despite no longer being a starter frame, while Mag costs over twice that despite replacing him as a starter frame. The prices have not changed to rectify that, so Mag is arbitrarily more expensive than the other starter frames and Volt is arbitrarily cheaper than other non-starter frames.

Edited by Grilleds

Is this guy for real? Those aren't even sales rates you are comparing, they are prices. Sales rate is, surprisingly enough, the rate in which sales occur (how often an item is being bought). 

First off, the 75% off coupons are, in my experience, rarer than the potato BPs in login rewards. 20% off are fairly common, but in the past couple months of me playing this game I have not even seen a 75% off coupon. Something that rare should not be treated like its the norm when talking about pricing. Throw numbers around all you want in order to act like your argument is more objective than other people's, but at the very least make sure your numbers aren't based around an exceedingly rare occurrence, especially if you are going to criticize others for not putting numbers together to justify their arguments.

Second, a 75% off coupon, can not justify exceedingly high prices unless its common enough that they might as well just eliminate the coupon and cut prices by 75% across the board anyway. The coupons were a band-aid used to cover up the problem, not a fix.

Third, if you really think Warframe's prices are fine, then justify the following:

1.The differences in costs between the various weapons do not relate at all to their effectiveness, nor even their popularity. For example, single Skana costs more then Dual Skana, despite being a starter weapon. That doesn't make a lick of sense.

2.Volt costs 5 dollars despite no longer being a starter frame, while Mag costs over twice that despite replacing him as a starter frame. The prices have not changed to rectify that, so Mag is arbitrarily more expensive than the other starter frames and Volt is arbitrarily cheaper than other non-starter frames.

I am for real. They were sale rates compared to sale rates of the highest cost weapon vs champion both offered at top sale value. And those are the real sale numbers.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki/Sale  , highest rate 487. source. Log into the game if you want to verify. My other source is Warframe market which I will trust you all to navigate sufficiently.

Perhaps you can site your source showing that those sale rates are impossible, and my source's are inaccurate.

That example had not been used to show low game prices, but is a example highlighting comparable league VS Warframe pricing. So your comparing it to something obtuse and outside of the conversation. As weekend sales had been referenced as a point of comparison to normal prices, I presented sale prices in correlation to sale prices.

I have never picked apart the ramp of the weapons, nor has the original poster. Your argument isn't moot but it is not in the scope of the topic. Unless you mean to say because the skana costs more than the double Skana there for all weapons should cost less. either way you can be sure if the current prices don't concern me, it's likely just you who's interested in the price difference of Skana's between the two of us.

My argument is not objective, its just based off numbers that are.

Refrain from personal attacks that obscure such as "Is this guy for real." backed by straw man statements, such as "Those aren't even sales rates you are comparing" which they are, one of the rate's you even go on to spend a paragraph discussing.

Please make sure your post is relevant to the information being discussed. In order for me to respond to what you posted there, I would have to respond to things I think you were trying to say rather than things you did say.

Love the suggestion and already upvoted it a long time ago but just came across it again and noticed an issue.

I assume that it has been mentioned before so I'll be brief: 

Do you plan to fix the price of "Weapon + Catalyst + WEAPON SLOT"?

10 plat for one weapon slot isn't exactly a discount. 5 plat for one weapo nslot would be a small but welcome discount for someone who doesn't want to just buy 2 weapon slots at a time (for 12p),

so basically just change it from 45 -> 40?

All of this is assuming you meant that the extra gets you ONE weapon slot, and since you didn't mention otherwise, that looks like the case.

Either way, something is wrong there. In phrasing, or in math.

I never got one in over a year of almost uninterrupted logins.

I like you ^.^ no flame just pertinent data.

I wounder if others also view this as the strongest counter argument here. I do.

I got curious and did the math. It takes 217 days to cycle all 32  487RP Champions. By the 217th day you would have had a 100% chance of having seen your preferred champion sold for at most $3.75. If your Doc you would receive your proffered purchase price 41% faster from riot by comparison to the proffered buying price of Warframe.

Edit : At least 41% faster

Edited by HurpadurpusRex

I am not sure what I think about this post. It makes a lot of sense itself, in numbers and logic, but there is still the argument of DE getting paid. These days, they have to pay several divisions of coders, artists, directors, etc. to keep improving the game. I agree the prices are really too high, but I can scrounge money to get a couple things if I try, and I know many people who can't. The prices really need to be lower, but for that to happen and DE to stay happy, we would need another several thousand players that would have to regularly pay the $5-$10 every month or two for them to maintain a decent profit.

I am for real. They were sale rates compared to sale rates of the highest cost weapon vs champion both offered at top sale value. And those are the real sale numbers.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki/Sale  , highest rate 487. source. Log into the game if you want to verify. My other source is Warframe market which I will trust you all to navigate sufficiently.

Perhaps you can site your source showing that those sale rates are impossible, and my source's are inaccurate.

That example had not been used to show low game prices, but is a example highlighting comparable league VS Warframe pricing. So your comparing it to something obtuse and outside of the conversation. As weekend sales had been referenced as a point of comparison to normal prices, I presented sale prices in correlation to sale prices.

I have never picked apart the ramp of the weapons, nor has the original poster. Your argument isn't moot but it is not in the scope of the topic. Unless you mean to say because the skana costs more than the double Skana there for all weapons should cost less. either way you can be sure if the current prices don't concern me, it's likely just you who's interested in the price difference of Skana's between the two of us.

My argument is not objective, its just based off numbers that are.

Refrain from personal attacks that obscure such as "Is this guy for real." backed by straw man statements, such as "Those aren't even sales rates you are comparing" which they are, one of the rate's you even go on to spend a paragraph discussing.

Please make sure your post is relevant to the information being discussed. In order for me to respond to what you posted there, I would have to respond to things I think you were trying to say rather than things you did say.

No, for the last time, those are NOT sales rates. Sales rate is not price! Here, do you see price anywhere within this article:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6809257_calculate-rate-sale.html

Aside from the hyperlink at the bottom, the answer is no. Sales rates relate to how often an item is purchased, which doesn't seem to be what you are trying to argue with your comparison.

"Perhaps you can site your source showing that those sale rates are impossible, and my source's are inaccurate."

What the heck does that even mean? Are you attacking a strawman here? It sure looks like it given the fact that I never once used the word "impossible" in my post, nor did I ever say your sources are inaccurate. My argument was about how since 75% coupons are so rare, you can't use the reduced price of them in your comparison and act like they are the norm. 

"That example had not been used to show low game prices, but is a example highlighting comparable league VS Warframe pricing. "

And as I stated before, you used a 75% coupon's reduced price in the comparison, despite the fact that 75% coupons are so exceedingly rare that many players (including myself) have never even seen one.

I have never picked apart the ramp of the weapons, nor has the original poster. Your argument isn't moot but it is not in the scope of the topic. Unless you mean to say because the skana costs more than the double Skana there for all weapons should cost less. either way you can be sure if the current prices don't concern me, it's likely just you who's interested in the price difference of Skana's between the two of us."

No it is in the scope of the topic because I was pointing out yet another reason why the Warframe market is a joke to someone who seems hell bent on defending it. If the Warframe prices do not need changing, then justify what I have posted instead of posting an entire paragraph about why you will avoid talking about the issue I have pointed out. 

"Refrain from personal attacks that obscure such as "Is this guy for real." backed by straw man statements, such as "Those aren't even sales rates you are comparing" which they are, one of the rate's you even go on to spend a paragraph discussing."

You have no idea what you are talking about so I think pointing that out is justified. In fact, that isn't even what a straw man is! A straw man is a misrepresentation of an opponent's argument. I fail to see how pointing out you are using incorrect terms is a misrepresentation of your argument. 

Edited by Grilleds

This is the most highly rated post I've seen on these forums so far, currently at 1113 upvotes. And for a good reason too.

I agree with all these new prices, heck, I'm already considering buying some of them if they do change the market prices. And I sincerely hope they do. 

Heh, funny that I was one of those players who bought the 300+plat warframes (Nova and Nekros), purely because I was so frustrated at not being able to progress through Mars to get to Jupiter to be able to get materials to make a new weapon even though I'd already sunk 20 hours in the game. To be fair though, I bought the platinum at 90% off, so that just shows you how much you need to discount the plat to make it seem somewhat reasonable.

No, for the last time, those are NOT sales rates. Sales rate has NOTHING to do with price! Here, do you see price anywhere within this article:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6809257_calculate-rate-sale.html

Aside from the hyperlink at the bottom, the answer is no. Sales rates relate to how often an item is purchased, which doesn't seem to be what you are trying to argue with your comparison.

"Perhaps you can site your source showing that those sale rates are impossible, and my source's are inaccurate."

What the heck does that even mean? Are you attacking a strawman here? It sure looks like it given the fact that I never once used the word "impossible" in my post, nor did I ever say your sources are inaccurate. My argument was about how since 75% coupons are so rare, you can't use the reduced price of them in your comparison and act like they are the norm. 

"That example had not been used to show low game prices, but is a example highlighting comparable league VS Warframe pricing. "

And as I stated before, you used a 75% coupon's reduced price in the comparison, despite the fact that 75% coupons are so exceedingly rare that many players (including myself) have never even seen one.

I have never picked apart the ramp of the weapons, nor has the original poster. Your argument isn't moot but it is not in the scope of the topic. Unless you mean to say because the skana costs more than the double Skana there for all weapons should cost less. either way you can be sure if the current prices don't concern me, it's likely just you who's interested in the price difference of Skana's between the two of us."

No it is in the scope of the topic because I was pointing out yet another reason why the Warframe market is a joke to someone who seems hell bent on defending it. If the Warframe prices do not need changing, then justify what I have posted instead of posting an entire paragraph about why you will avoid talking about the issue I have pointed out. 

"Refrain from personal attacks that obscure such as "Is this guy for real." backed by straw man statements, such as "Those aren't even sales rates you are comparing" which they are, one of the rate's you even go on to spend a paragraph discussing."

You have no idea what you are talking about so I think pointing that out is justified. In fact, that isn't even what a straw man is! A straw man is a misrepresentation of an opponent's argument. I fail to see how pointing out you are using incorrect terms is a misrepresentation of your argument. 

Ah you got me that totally proves all the points you made. You can go now.