Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Starting To Think That De Enjoys Designing New Weapons For Cephalon Suda By Doing This...

Renegade343

(Note this is crazy thread, so go nuts.)

- Simulor is introduced in June 25th, 2015. 

- Synoid Simulor is introduced in September 2nd, 2015. 

- Less than three months for the weapon, and it already has a Syndicate upgrade, just like Gammacor and Synoid Gammacor (in fact, Synoid Gammacor appeared at the same date as Gammacor). 

I wonder if someone at DE decided that Cephalon Suda should almost always get the newest, or relatively newer, weapons to sell to players whenever DE decides there should be more Syndicate weapons. 

Energy weapons for the AI. Seems to make sense and we're only getting true "energy" weapons as of somewhat recently. Not like closed beta while ago, obviously.

PS Simulor is fun and good with forma on it. Can't say anything sucks without maxing it out!

Well, Loka, Veil and Arbiters seem to pull from Tenno weapons, and Perrin and Meridian are Corpus and Grineer.

And well, the Simulor is a Cephalon based weapon...

I'm sure there's a Cephalon Illuminati joke somewhere here....

Cephanati Confirmed.

It has to do with the weapon theming - Suda's a Cephalon, so DE started toying with the idea of what Cephalon weaponry would be like and how it would work. The Grammacor and Simulor are direct offsprings of those ideas, and without doubt as further updates to Suda and Simaris come we'll see more and more Cephalon-like weaponry.

It has to do with the weapon theming - Suda's a Cephalon, so DE started toying with the idea of what Cephalon weaponry would be like and how it would work. The Grammacor and Simulor are direct offsprings of those ideas, and without doubt as further updates to Suda and Simaris come we'll see more and more Cephalon-like weaponry.

Look at it the other way (using what we have so far): 

DE makes a new weapon that is Cephalon themed, and before a good chunk of players start to be familiar with the weapon (or at least give the weapon time to establish itself), out comes a Cephalon Suda weapon, using said new weapon. It feels like DE is not giving much of a chance for those weapons to shine out a bit more. 

I think that Morec0 is correct. I have a strong feeling that these weapons were made with Suda in mind. However, not wishing to lock a perfectly unique weapon behind a Syndicate (and thus adding fuel to people who want unique weapons in all Syndicates) they chose to release a lesser version of the Cephalon weapons that's available regardless of allegiance.

PS Simulor is fun and good with forma on it. Can't say anything sucks without maxing it out!

I dunno, I feel pretty confident saying Simulor sucks without actually using it. It's a vortex gun, sucking is its whole purpose.

Edited by Azure.M

I think that Morec0 is correct. I have a strong feeling that these weapons were made with Suda in mind. However, not wishing to lock a perfectly unique weapon behind a Syndicate (and thus adding fuel to people who want unique weapons in all Syndicates) they chose to release a lesser version of the Cephalon weapons that's available regardless of allegiance.

As replied above: 

Look at it the other way (using what we have so far): 

DE makes a new weapon that is Cephalon themed, and before a good chunk of players start to be familiar with the weapon (or at least give the weapon time to establish itself), out comes a Cephalon Suda weapon, using said new weapon. It feels like DE is not giving much of a chance for those weapons to shine out a bit more. 

Am I bitter about the new weapons? No, because there is always the Trade option. I am slightly peeved that they design a new weapon, then very quickly give it an upgrade. 

The Arbiters of Hexis, Red Veil, and New Loka Syndicates give Tennotech weapons.

The Perrin Sequence give Corpustech weapons.

The Steel Meridian give Grineertech weapons.

Cephalon Suda gives Cephalontech weapons.

The Simulor and Gammacor are the only two Cephalontech weapons in the game.

The Arbiters of Hexis, Red Veil, and New Loka Syndicates give Tennotech weapons.

The Perrin Sequence give Corpustech weapons.

The Steel Meridian give Grineertech weapons.

Cephalon Suda gives Cephalontech weapons.

The Simulor and Gammacor are the only two Cephalontech weapons in the game.

That still does not change the fact that the new Cephalon weapons almost instantly get an upgrade so far. I am well aware of them being Cephalon weapons, but could they at least get some significant time in the game being by themselves before obtaining an upgrade to it?

That still does not change the fact that the new Cephalon weapons almost instantly get an upgrade so far. I am well aware of them being Cephalon weapons, but could they at least get some significant time in the game being by themselves before obtaining an upgrade to it?

Fair enough.

It would be nice to see two or more Cephalontech melee weapons introduced in the next few minor updates, so that the next wave of Syndicate weapons has a little suspense for Suda.

I've heard suggestions of an energy sword, although am somewhat partial to the idea of a Cephalontech Glaive.

I just don't like the way they are using the Gammacor for everything "Suda".

The Syandana is just a Gammacor on your back. The Simulor has a Gammacor on its "Barrel".

I know they're trying to give this new type a certain design feel, but sticking a whole weapon is a bit too much.

"Bolt" series have a nice theme going for them. You don't see a whole weapon sticking on another weapon.

Their theme is just the "spikes".

As for Synoid gear, their theme could be their energy discs in combination with the rounded form.