The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Multishot Change Mentioned In Devstream 59 [Megathread]

Invalid_Infinity

To be honest things like multi shot, heavy caliber, pressure point, and so on are part of the problem. If we remove all of the excess damage and energy reduction mods, balance the weapon and frame abilities, and make more interesting active and challenging enemies then all our problems will be solved. All those mods could easily be changed into something that would alter the performance or function of a weapon like Ruinous Extension. It doesn't necessarily increase the damage of the weapon but it does give it more damage potential or functionality.

The one thing that makes me enjoy Warframe is that this the only game currently on the market where if you put the time/money into the game you can get a godlike character. It's amazing 1 shotting every enemy on any planet or soloing to 60 in T4S. All the other top games essentially turn into you hiding at endgame whereas Warframe goes the opposite route. You make all weapons do mediocre damage and see what happens. Ask anyone who played SWG prior to it's combat patch how normalizing weapon damage helped that game.

Edited by Endgame77

All these little problems build on each other. You can't fix the game just by correcting any single mechanic, problem, or bug. No real life problem is that simple. Sometimes you need to knock down a few walls before you can truly renovate your home.

I think DE is aware of the enemy problem and we will se much more than just multishot nerf on U18 or later, it had to start from somewhere and I am sure they made the right decision changing us to balance enemies around our "new damage".

Just curious about high ammo efficiency weapons like Bows, Latrons, Sybaris, Grinlok, Synoid Simulor, Attica, Opticor and Shotguns. For these ones the aditional ammo consumption will means nothing compared to Braton Prime, Soma, Boltors, Grakatas, Gorgons, Karaks and akimbo submachines...

If we remove multishot from the optimized build, there will only be a new optimized build. I don't see the point of nerfing it and waste the time of theirs and ours.

The problem isn't the existence of optimized builds. The problem is that they are unhappy with what the current optimized builds are, or unhappy with the function of components of the current optimized builds.

The one thing that makes me enjoy Warframe is that this the only game currently on the market where if you put the time/money into the game you can get a godlike character. It's amazing 1 shotting every enemy on any planet or soloing to 60 in T4S. All the other top games essentially turn into you hiding at endgame whereas Warframe goes the opposite route. You make all weapons do mediocre damage and see what happens. Ask anyone who played SWG prior to it's combat patch how normalizing weapon damage helped that game.

This is the problem, Unless your in a T4 at the 45 min + mark the game is NO challenge what so ever. 90 % of the content is just grind you don't even notice.

I have soloed every boss in this game and all but two where 0HK's  The game for the most part is Ezy Mode.

This is the problem, Unless your in a T4 at the 45 min + mark the game is NO challenge what so ever. 90 % of the content is just grind you don't even notice.

I have soloed every boss in this game and all but two where 0HK's  The game for the most part is Ezy Mode.

Children from African are starving, let's make everyone starve so that it is fair. Is that the solution now? I don't think so.

there allways be a mandatory mods lol 

This. DE are shooting themselves in the foot here and of course we get the shorter end of the stick because we might have to reforma everything and find a new build (or drop our current weapons if they become useless), which will just have new mandatory mods anyway. I am really unhappy with this never ending circle of nerfing until nothing remains enjoyable. Damage 2.0 already completely killed some of my favorite weapons....... Yey, now I will probably have to find another set of favorite weapons again after this nerf, what a time to be alive during the "Year of Quality".

is true thats the rules off this world  u want a mage u put intelect u want a warrior u put STR u want a rouge u put Dex now change the names for difrente games the thing is the same u need serration u need elements .... nerf this u get other for the job  u change the name but still mandatory and the circle goes on lolol nerfing and buffing 

i realy dont care i just play warframe so i will enjoy the ride wherever DE does but if ppl think that mandatory mods gone fix  or stop too existe they are wrong rework the enemy scale is also a circle beacause somethings gone be nerfed and be unbalenced u cant balenced a world that dont have balance is not this game is the world it must have a number one ever

The "funny" thing is on the same stream Rebecca mentions how Carrier is the most used sentinal and off camera Steve says "something has to be number one".

That's why the game is so unbalanced.

There is always something more powerful, when DE should make different.

Instead of just changing stats and saying "its new".

It wont be long before people start to talk about primes vs regulars, regulars vs all other versions (prisma, umbra, wraith, vandal, etc).

The same problem lies there, more and more of the same stuff, with no actual substance, only different stats, that aren't even equalized, they are always increasing.

Although carrier, is a problem of its own, too much specific on its issues.

Edited by 7grims

it is impossible for something to be mandatory and situational at the same time.

Not entirely true.

If we couldn't stack normal mods with Corrupted mods, having mods being mandatory and situational at the same time could work. Then we would have to (hypothetically speaking here, the values would need to change on the mods) choose between either the safe but weaker Serration, or the more powerful but less reliable Heavy Caliber. Both would still be considered mandatory, but you'd have to pick either one, depending on situation / weapon / playstyle etc

They key is to reduce the number of mandatory mods, so that mods become situational and creating more variation in modding.

Reduce? There are only two primary and three secondary "mandatories". This mandatory thing has been blown completely out of proportion. Even with the "mandatories" there is still plenty of room for diversity and being a special snow flake. Hek, even the "mandatories" are not actually mandatory for 90% of the content, you could easily clear the star chart without either serration or split shot if you wanted too.

Reduce? There are only two primary and three secondary "mandatories". This mandatory thing has been blown completely out of proportion. Even with the "mandatories" there is still plenty of room for diversity and being a special snow flake. Hek, even the "mandatories" are not actually mandatory for 90% of the content, you could easily clear the star chart without either serration or split shot if you wanted too.

True.

here's a novel idea, one that DE can actually make money with and when you think about it makes the game insanely variable.  

IDEA:    Extra slots/capacity.   Could even make it progressive.   1st extra 5 pts/slot for 25p.   2nd extra 5ps/slot 35p, and so on.   Unlimited amounts.    Want a Mk 1 braton that kills everything in one shot, no problem, it will cost you though.   This will actually let ANY weapon be the bomb.   Think about it.   There are really only so many usable mods that someone wants to invest time into.   But if you really find a weapon you love, why the heck not.  

I love the ignorant people saying it won't lower dps. It's just too funny xD

Let me put it in simple lamens terms for you. You have to reload. Take the twin grakata for example with a 3 second reload timer. As it stands with a decent build it runs out of a clip in about 2 seconds. Now imagine cutting the time it takes to run out of a clip 2-3x faster and then having to do the reload for 3 seconds. Not only are you getting less bullets out in that one clip but you are spending even more time reloading than actually firing. So congrats apologists on helping DE nerf us again. :D Once the nerf hits and all those of us that will be super pissed leave because a ton of weapons  we spent many forma on become garbage i hope you enjoy struggling in Endless missions as you run out of ammo and waste millions of credits on ammo drops.

If you say you can just replace the multishot mods then go ahead and try. I want to know just how much less dmg you deal once you do because to my knowledge firing 2 or 3 rounds instead of 1 per shot will reduce your overall dps to about 1/2-1/3rd of what it once was (Hek is going is going to get pretty terrible being that it has 320% which will triple ammo consumption guaranteed with a chance at using 4 per shot and then you sit through a 2 second reload only to fire 1 or 2 times :D).

Edited by shinigamiscall