The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Um..about The Synoid Simulor...

Trickst3rGawd

Question

9 answers to this question

yeah >_<

I actually think it's because the simulor is neither a launcher nor a conventional projectile spewer.

Its ball things are more related to the quanta's secondary cubes than anything. It would sorta make sense to have firestorm, but since its primary focus is not just launching exploding things, it's been overlooked somewhat.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I actually think it's because the simulor is neither a launcher nor a conventional projectile spewer.

Its ball things are more related to the quanta's secondary cubes than anything. It would sorta make sense to have firestorm, but since its primary focus is not just launching exploding things, it's been overlooked somewhat.

Look, Opticor has Firestorm and it's not even a launcher. It uses rifle ammo like Simulor, but it's a laser cannon with splash.

There is no reason Simulor shouldn't have Firestorm.

Look, Opticor has Firestorm and it's not even a launcher. It uses rifle ammo like Simulor, but it's a laser cannon with splash.

Yes, but the opticor doesn't have a secondary fire mode. Splash damage is roughly 50% of what it can do.

There is no reason Simulor shouldn't have Firestorm.

Indeed.

Unless DE decides it wants to offer such things, Simulor will be registered, for modding basis', as a plain old rifle. Syanoid Simulor stands alone in the type of rifle it is, so they might decide to include the firestorm mod later. The original Simulor only saw a very few amount of people using it, so DE never really bothered to show it much love. As a personal owner/lover of the Syanoid Simulor, and having never touched the original, I hope this new infusion of users will warrant enough of DE's attention to include these mods. 

To a slightly side note, Split chamber works fairly well with S.Sim, needing only two shots to reach vortex, and the dmg per fusion pulsing much higher with the orbs combine. On the topic of range, SS will stand strong in the mid-range, lacking the ability to reach farther, and the projectile speed making it difficult to keep within short range. Personally, if you want long range, I would stick to a trusty side arm, like Lex P, Despair, or Kulstar. or shotty like side arms for extreme close range. A well built SS will destroy anything midrange, so you can either choose to mop up that which passed by as you set up your DPS, or you can preemptively pick off priority targets at long range.