The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Synoid Simulor Has 100% Headshot Accuracy

DiosGX

I don't want to post this. I tend to not want to post bugs that make things I use incredibly powerful, but I'm not that guy.

The Synoid Simulor only lands headshots with any of its damage. I recall a recent note in a hotfix that AoE damage was no longer supposed to be able to land headshot damage. And yet, that's the only thing it does.

Unsure if bug, or intentional. o 3o

Are you able to confirm this? How?

By looking at the damage ratings on the gun and not being able to figure out why it was doing substantially higher damage than it should.

I'm not sure what my stats are on it right now, but at the time, I was hovering somewhere between 2500-2900 min/max stack damage. And yet the gun was critting for around 30K on a high crit. This is with only 2.0x crit multiplier. So, where the hell was that insane extra damage actually coming from? A friend of mine told me straight up that it only deals headshot damage. Then once I looked back and plugged in the headshot modifier, everything fell into place like a jigsaw puzzle.

What I have not tested is to look at its dmg vs. Osprey type enemies, which do not have heads to gain a headshot multiplier from. That would put the final nail in the coffin for anyone who needs definitive proof.

I tried this just now with the following build:

Serration--Heavy Caliber--High Voltage--Malignant Force

Stormbringer--Infected Clip--Point Strike--Vital Sense

vs LVL 100 Bombard - I was critting for 15-20k damage from time to time

vs LVL 100 Oxium Osprey - I was also doing crit hits around 15-20k

Edit: The crit damage seems gradual.

Few normal shots while at 80% health was doing 600+ while critting for around 7k

9k-20k crit damage seems more common around 40% HP which is probably due to Corrosive proc while normal damage was hitting for around 1,700'ish.

Would this be considered normal given that I only added vital sense?

Edited by Oranji

A friend of mine told me straight up that it only deals headshot damage.

yay I'm considered a friend

Yeah though, I did a bit of testing with it yesterday and confirmed specifically. As if the double damage wasn't enough, the crits always did twice as much as the multiplier would suggest. 2x multiplier would result in 4x damage and all that. Headshots would explain that.

Unmodded, unstacked projectiles would deal 100 without a crit and 399 with a crit, even though listed damage is 50. The Electric procs would double that damage, too.

Fun fact, considering the detonation of the Vortex is dependent on how many orbs it took to create it, regular Simulor has higher damage potential from a single detonation than Synoid Simulor.

I tried it now and 0 headshots using this weapon ONLY no headshots from the syndicate explosion thing or from the orbs.

Something much have glitched out in your end?

It doesn't show up in end-of-missions stats (probably as a result of the recent change to explosions/headshots). Refer to its actual damage in-game for a more accurate answer.

Well, I just tested an unmodded Synoid Simulor against an Ancient Healer. UI consistently showed 349 damage on a normal hit (double the expected 175) and 1398 on a critical hit (quadruple the expected value). This means that every hit received the 2x headshot multiplier and the 4x headcrit multiplier. When this is nerfed, Suda fans can legitimately start complaining about the Synoid Simulor... On a side note, it was doing the same (base) amount of damage regardless of how many orbs I stacked, which shouldn't be the case. It never reached the upper listed damage per stack (225), so it's dealing less damage than intended.

You say incredibly powerful, yet even with that bug the simulor is almost on par with the Penta in terms of damage. It's way below Ogris and in a subdivision to Tonkor.

-Projectile speed is a lot slower than any other aoe weapon.

-Range is a lot lower than any other aoe weapon.

-Damage is at best on par with most aoe weapons as is, but you have to shoot two shots to get there meaning you've locked your damage to an area before the damage actually happens. This usually means firing a lot of shots into thin air because the enemy casually walks away.

Yeah sure it might be bugged, but why should it be fixed? So we can dump it in the trashcan and not feel bad about it?

Bug or no bug ask yourself how it stands up to all the other aoe weapons, especially the Tonkor. Is this about "oh no this can't be because bugs" or "no this can't be because I might find it useful"? I argue that it's not unbalanced to what is already in the game, and getting something that actually is balanced stomped into the ground because it doesn't work as intended is just poor thinking. 

Edited by Hala