Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming For Forma Bps? Good Luck

CataReverb

Forma build time is 24 hours.  You can only build one at a time.

You've missed the point. 

Community complains about too much Forma:

[DE] removes some Forma from drop tables.

Community complains about too little Forma:

[DE] asks why they even try.

There were several ways to address the drop rates for forma blueprints, simply removing them from the drop tables because people were complaining about not getting the items they wanted was pointless, because the forma were just replaced with junk prime parts anyway. The drop rates are the still the same and we get less value. 

Heck, they could have even modified the drop rate values, and left it as is.

My experience isn't represented by the apparent community, but I never had a problem with too much forma in the drop tables. Most of the time I was aching for forma, because their spot was taken up by dozens of fang prime blueprints, orthos handles and other junk, 90% of the time, and now its even worse for me. 

You've missed the point.

I didn't.  You did.

Here is the point again:

"You don't need more than 1 (forma BP) per day,  If you are paying to rush them then you may as well just pay to purchase them instead."

Without rushing them, you can only make one per day.  Ergo, you never need more than one per day.

No one complained about too much "Forma"; they complained about too many "Forma BPs".  There is a distinct difference.  The forma BP problem was further exacerbated by them dropping in rotation C, which is already diluted to hell.

it ain`t your fault, forma is an orokin resource, should drop everywhere in orokin void, enough that their own energy cells don`t drop from their own towers, and instead from some greedy milk based cult called the grineer

again, we shouldn`t be playing cat and mouse for such a needed resource, it`s not a catalyst, you need more than 1 on every weapon, so it should be common, not like it used to be, and not like it currently is

This is so much truth. +1

Day four, I see my first forma BP in a week.  There's enough argon here to build a purple version of the emerald city though my inventory has been barren of forma for just as long.  DE Rebecca continues to indirectly taunt those of us cursed by RNG by posting screencaps of bathing in Forma via twitter.  It's 24 hours until this forma is complete, I will have to go hungry if I want the new stance.

Edited by Arkinvas

I didn't. You did.

Here is the point again:

"You don't need more than 1 (forma BP) per day, If you are paying to rush them then you may as well just pay to purchase them instead."

Without rushing them, you can only make one per day. Ergo, you never need more than one per day.

nope, rushing them takes 10p, buying them takes 20, your argument is invalid, and you need more than one per day, if you build clan weapons or forma a lot, personally, I always use 3 formas when I polarize, melee, primary and secondary, the fact you don`t use them a lot, doesn`t make their current drop rate fine Edited by Bizzaro21

Day four, I see my first forma BP in a week.  There's enough argon here to build a purple version of the emerald city though my inventory has been barren of forma for just as long.  DE Rebecca continues to indirectly taunt those of us cursed by RNG by posting screencaps of bathing in Forma via twitter.  It's 24 hours until this forma is complete, I will have to go hungry if I want the new stance.

probably stocked a long time ago, you can`t get as much forma in a week as in a day before nerf, just make it as it was, but NOT in rotation C, make it a common drop in A, uncommon in B, inexistant in C, that would be a greater solution

nope, rushing them takes 10p, buying them takes 20, your argument is invalid, and you need more than one per day, if you build clan weapons or forma a lot, personally, I always use 3 formas when I polarize, melee, primary and secondary, the fact you don`t use them a lot, doesn`t make their current drop rate fine

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Especially since you feel the reverse is perfectly fine.

Here's a hint, end mission rewards are biased based on account, find someone who still gets BP's and ask them to host.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Especially since you feel the reverse is perfectly fine.

Here's a hint, end mission rewards are biased based on account, find someone who still gets BP's and ask them to host.

This is a terrible system.

I've got just over 300 and I've already forma'd most of my gear that needs it multiple times, I think I'll be alright.

Having been overstocked on them before nerfing forma nearly off the tables does not address the issue of whether or not the current drop rate is acceptable.  I'd squirreled away about 100 of my forma in my dojo over a year ago when I thought I had enough (and also was making a new clan due to the old mountain I was in being abandoned down to six people)

I don`t understand what you said, but I never said reverse is fine, I posted it like 3 times in this thread, 4 now, it wasn`t getting forma bp that caused rage, it was getting it instead of X in rotation C, had it been removed from C and made common drop in A and uncommon in B that would`ve made a middle floor

also, it is not biased on accounts, it is totally random, I don`t get any, when I hosted a t3 cap, I got them, a lot, like 3 BPs out of 5 keys, it now has locations unofficially dropping them commonly, but these locations are not easy to get, and are non-endless, so if you need smth from them, good luck, Bronco prime is now even more of a nightmare now to farm

Having been overstocked on them before nerfing forma nearly off the tables does not address the issue of whether or not the current drop rate is acceptable.  I'd squirreled away about 100 of my forma in my dojo over a year ago when I thought I had enough (and also was making a new clan due to the old mountain I was in being abandoned down to six people)

I was simply addressing the title, not the thread itself.

Essentially, I'm not involved in this since I haven't had a need to farm Forma BP's in about a year and a half. Maybe one day I'll care again. 

Off I go.

Edited by Kestral9999

Sitting on 42 Forma BPs here, so far im happy lol.

The problem is the 24 hours buildtime.

i mean, it's only a Forma, no weapon, 24 is too much, 12 is better.

Lucky ;_;....... so lucky........

24 is damn broken of a build time, 12 is fine, but I~d rather have it 6 hours, already enough that u need a lot of it on one weapon, and it takes a lot of hard resources

Lucky ;_;....... so lucky........

24 is damn broken of a build time, 12 is fine, but I~d rather have it 6 hours, already enough that u need a lot of it on one weapon, and it takes a lot of hard resources

The build time is fine imo I've been building 1 a day for the past few months, lol sitting on a few hundred. If they lower the time they lose the player base who rush them which = less profit. I know your thinking who would rush a forma, but you'd be surprised.

The build time is fine imo I've been building 1 a day for the past few months, lol sitting on a few hundred. If they lower the time they lose the player base who rush them which = less profit. I know your thinking who would rush a forma, but you'd be surprised.

I'd kinda prefer 23 hours, just for a bit of wiggle room in the ability to keep them built on a daily schedule

nope, rushing them takes 10p, buying them takes 20, your argument is invalid, and you need more than one per day, if you build clan weapons or forma a lot, personally, I always use 3 formas when I polarize, melee, primary and secondary, the fact you don`t use them a lot, doesn`t make their current drop rate fine

Rushing them takes 10p, plust time wasted farming them, plus resources, plus the extra time wasted in the foundry. If you want to spend plat on them, it's just better to buy them.  Otherwise, you never need more than one per day.  I would wadger that most people don't even spend plat on forma, so having a lower drop rate on them would not hurt most people.

If forma had a lower build time, and they should, then I might care.  As it stands, they are perfectly fine for the majority of people.

Community complains about forma Blueprints dropping all the time in rotation C, where Prime parts are supposedly a guaranteed drop.

[DE] replaces said blueprints with mostly cores, basically changing nothing to the situation, droptables remaining just as diluted, and to add insult to injury, with something that can be obtained outside of the Void, while Forma blueprints can only be obtained in the Void (barring alerts and daily rewards, of course).

Community simply makes the ascertainment that once again DE did not listen, or if they did, still went kinda crosseyed. Or did this on purpose to maintain the dilution, some would say.

Instead of asking themselves why they even try, maybe [DE] should ask others HOW to try in the first place. Or stop pretending to try and save everyone time.

Edited by Marthrym

I don't think that is a significant market at all. In my experience, people tend to buy flashier items (e.g. slots, taters, weapons, frames) instead of wasting plat on things like build times for something like a forma. 

There are a few exceptions of course, but not enough that I would think that lowering the build times of forma to the point that the community was less angry about the concept would hurt DE in any significant way.

Community complains about forma Blueprints dropping all the time in rotation C, where Prime parts are supposedly a guaranteed drop.

[DE] replaces said blueprints with mostly cores, basically changing nothing to the situation, droptables remaining just as diluted, and to add insult to injury, with something that can be obtained outside of the Void

This.  At very least, DE should have replaced the Forma with a 50 Ducat reward instead of fusion cores.

Really haven't noticed a difference - T2S and T3D still drop them fairly regularly for me - so sadly OP - it's just RNG!

having them drop only in some places is not RNG, as it says they drop in other missions, yet never seen one, their chance their was nerfed to low-as-hell levels, andi n other places it rains, in t3 cap, where Bronco prime parts drop (one of them was already rare), I only get forma BPs, trash parts if I`m lucky, never seen a single part of Bronco after nerf (i`ve done 10 runs, 7 formas, 3 trash parts)

Edited by Bizzaro21

having them drop only in some places is not RNG, as it says they drop in other missions, yet never seen one, their chance their was nerfed to low-as-hell levels, andi n other places it rains, in t3 cap, where Bronco prime parts drop (one of them was already rare), I only get forma BPs, trash parts if I`m lucky, never seen a single part of Bronco after nerf (i`ve done 10 runs, 7 formas, 3 trash parts)

So? The thread is about not finding enough forma - you're complaining about Bronco parts - what's your point?

If anything you just added another type of Void run to the "good chance" list for Forma - which the OP is complaining about not finding.