The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waypoints

Nolla

DE really need to overhaul the waypoint system. Instead of sending everyone on a wild goose chase. Most players have put up with this system since open beta but as more complex maps come into being, with the new pakour 2 system. We need a realiable waypoint system.

Just played a submersible mission and 3 ppl quit because of the waypoint system, as they couldnt find the way to go. If this year is the "year of quality" the waypoint system needs replacing or improving.

Also, when someone goes down in our HUD. DE please should us how far away the person is, it cant be that hard to do.

Rant Over!

Indeed, there should be a number showing how far the waypoint is located at, not how far the next mid point is.

The thing I find the most annoying about the waypoints is that they point us towards the stairs we need to take only to jump to the next stairs and so on, instead of just pointing at the exit door of that room and let us decide how we reach it.

I mean, especially with Parcour 2.0, I don't think we need a "guide" to hold our hands and get us through the room step by step.

EDIT:

Or if there are people who could use a step by step guide, make it an option that we can toggle on and off.

Edited by KingTaro

When everyone talk about reworks of frames which absolutely don't need it , i think that those kind of things (waypoint system/map) ABSOLUTELY need priority. We need a complete map rework , especially for the archwing mode. I full support ur propose and I absolutely agree with the "how far is my friend downed" idea. +1

Also thought of another idea - maybe indicate the number of enemies in a certain direction. That way not everyone will follow the single enemy then have to double back on yourself. This will help new players as well as they will not be able to keep up with more experienced players who have mobility mods on their side.

Waypoints need to be placed on doorway or connection to the next room we need to go to. The tiles are just a 3-4 connection. The WP just needs to be on the one we need to go through.

Seems like a simple fix. No need for a dynamic changing WP. Just highlight the exit on the map and place constant WP on it.

I also think that WPs need more info tags like medallion or resources.

Edited by Hypernaut1

How about an overhaul to the map entirely.

Yes please. I am tired of trying to figure out sometimes weather or not I was suppose to take a flight of stairs, just to find out there was some hidden cooridor. Some maps like the new Uranus one get  a bit confusing with the waypoints. Oh, and the glitching dear god. Map spins out of control, markers displaced.

All my yes.

Waypoints need to be placed on doorway or connection to the next room we need to go to. The tiles are just a 3-4 connection. The WP just needs to be on the one we need to go through.

Seems like a simple fix. No need for a dynamic changing WP. Just highlight the exit on the map and place constant WP on it.

I also think that WPs need more info tags like medallion or resources.

This is a good way to improve the waypoint system.

I also thought about a system similar to Dead Space's system, where you hold/press a button and it shows you a holographic line in front of you showing you exactly where to go. Holding/pressing the button so that the line is only there on demand and not all the time.

This in addition to a minimap rework would be really nice. 

You know - I get that posting in General gets more exposure to the community, but if you really wanted the devs to see this, you'd post in UI Feedback. That's where the devs check more regularly for feedback, since it's cleaner than General Discussion. Posting here, you're just wasting your time.

Also, they've got their work laid out for the rest of the year, so anything like this squeezing in is just wishful thinking.

Any Moderators can you move as per AM-Bunny Suggestion

You know - I get that posting in General gets more exposure to the community, but if you really wanted the devs to see this, you'd post in UI Feedback. That's where the devs check more regularly for feedback, since it's cleaner than General Discussion. Posting here, you're just wasting your time.

Also, they've got their work laid out for the rest of the year, so anything like this squeezing in is just wishful thinking.

Good luck getting them to admit it's broken.

Most of the devs don't play the game, so this isn't going to be exposed to them in their custom testing maps with overly simplified nav meshes.

I think the best chance would be to get [DE]Glen and DERebecca to experience some of these flaws, in hopes of humiliating the devs into fixing these long standing several year old major issues.

Broken map is a pretty big thing, just saying.

Edited by Exoheretic

Good luck getting them to admit it's broken.

Most of the devs don't play the game, so this isn't going to be exposed to them in their custom testing maps with overly simplified nav meshes.

I think the best chance would be to get [DE]Glen and DERebecca to experience some of these flaws, in hopes of humiliating the devs into fixing these long standing several year old major issues.

Broken map is a pretty big thing, just saying.

Agreed. Although the ppl I was playing with the other day were low master rank and they just kept on rage quitting as no one could work out where to go. It needs addressing sooner rather than later.

It has been on the Devs radar for some time, and as I said in an earlier post this is suppost to be the "year of quality". DE give us a quality waypoint system....