The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prestige Vs Renown (Rant)

(PSN)ATreidezz

Another day, another exclusive battle and console vs PC rants.

Can someone lock this thread please? Fast.

How terrible of us feeling left out, while our console brethren are getting exclusive packs every few months for the past 2 years.

Totally unreasonable to feel this way, because 3 years ago we've got a few mediocre skins, yay.

Consoles get this for... you...know... Being consoles.... For not being... you know.... PC....

PC!!! PC!!! PC!!!

I am truly enlightened.

Edited by Cynaris

Wow, so totally off the rails.

OP, I agree that they gave us a skin for the worst of the three arcwings.  You can either deal with it or not buy the pack so the choice is entirely your own and really simple.

Personally I buy all the skin packs.  If DE is going to give us exclusives then I'm going to reward them for it with my money.  Generally the skins look pretty damn good but that doesn't mean I'm going to like each and every one or the item the skin is for.

Wow, so totally off the rails.

OP, I agree that they gave us a skin for the worst of the three arcwings.  You can either deal with it or not buy the pack so the choice is entirely your own and really simple.

Personally I buy all the skin packs.  If DE is going to give us exclusives then I'm going to reward them for it with my money.  Generally the skins look pretty damn good but that doesn't mean I'm going to like each and every one or the item the skin is for.

I completely agree with this!

You really complain about this?

PC gets nothing.

Everyone gets their own thing....statement 3 shows I'm not the only one thinking this.

PC gets updates faster and way more frequent.

This is true because Warframe started on the PC, just common sense they get updates first and faster.

Who cares? We get our exclusives, they get theirs, even.

As I stated in statement 1, they get theirs we get ours. Its fair.

The latest prestige pack on xbone really got in my nerves, both the latest renown & prestige consisting of a liset skin & an archwing skin, but prestige gave a skin to itzal and renown with odonata....why DE???! odonata is obviously outpowered by either itzal or elytron, why odo? Why Not elytron? & WHY ITS STILL NOT AVAILABLE on psn store asia region?

Tbh I never focused on Ps4 enough to start a forum complaining about the renown and the prestige packs. Truth is THEY ARE BOTH HORRIBLE PACKS LOL. Nobody like archwing and the liset does nothing but fly. Be grateful that PS4 got anything because DE didn't have to give y'all or Xbox anything. DE spoils it's players and the players act like brats when they don't get something that they find cool. DE is going to give all of its players some amazing things leading up into 2016. So just wait and be both patient and grateful.

The latest prestige pack on xbone really got in my nerves, both the latest renown & prestige consisting of a liset skin & an archwing skin, but prestige gave a skin to itzal and renown with odonata....why DE???! odonata is obviously outpowered by either itzal or elytron, why odo? Why Not elytron? & WHY ITS STILL NOT AVAILABLE on psn store asia region?

Tbh I never focused on Ps4 enough to start a forum complaining about the renown and the prestige packs. Truth is THEY ARE BOTH HORRIBLE PACKS LOL. Nobody like archwing and the liset does nothing but fly. Be grateful that PS4 got anything because DE didn't have to give y'all or Xbox anything. DE spoils it's players and the players act like brats when they don't get something that they find cool. DE is going to give all of its players some amazing things leading up into 2016. So just wait and be both patient and grateful.

Why not just give PC an "Acclaim" pack? That way, all 3 platforms get regular cosmetic exclusives. Give them a red colour theme to contrast the green Jades and the blue Obsidians.

This. Nobody wants to take away these packs from the console guys. They can have it, I don't mind.

But completely leaving us in the dust...

It affects me because it denies other players access to content that should be given to everyone. At this point, I own both a ps4 and a pc. I can get any exclusive content I want (save for jade skins). I don't, however, want anyone to be denied content just because of the system they are on.

By the way, now that you have brought up value for your money, lets talk about the price of these skins. I can get 2 on ps4, plus some plat, for 10 bucks, while I can get 4 on pc for 5 bucks. Seems pretty fair to me.

"Costs a leg"- I got a phased vauban skin for 2 bucks. Yeah, wow. That's what I'd call a high price. 

"But what if I want all of the skins?" You have to dish out some cash. Same for console players. You can get the lower end for a much lower price, but have to pay a high premium for the most rare stuff. Seems pretty fair. If you want a certain skin on console, you just have to wait. I can get a skin on pc right now if I wanted to.

PC has a lot of exclusives left over from when consoles didn't exist. Ps4 and Xbox are really just playing catch-up at this point. 

I won't even waste my time debating with you. I will just reply to your very first line -

"It affects me because it denies other players access to content that should be given to everyone."

By your logic, we should get both Renown and Prestige pack.

PS4 should get Prestige Pack.

XB1 should get Renown Pack.

And both PS4 and XB1 should get Steam skins.

Right?

But that is not the case. We don't get either Renown or Prestige pack. And we don't want one. Most PC players are ok with Consoles having their fair share of exclusive skins. We just want ours, but apparently, somehow console people think that they should be entitled enough to get everything PC gets and more, although they get their exclusives.

And whats up with everyone saying "PC gets updates faster"?

Updates are not F-ing exclusives. We are talking about Exclusives.

You want to compare updates with Exclusives. Very well, just like you guys get updates after 2 months, how about DE gives us Renown and Prestige Packs after 2 months from when consoles get those? Ok with that?

You really complain about this?

PC gets nothing.

Phased skins? Rubedo skins? The fact that you can still trade for those skins on steam, while on console they were a limited time only? Don't forget to mention the skins that came from sponsors such as IAHGames braton and the Nvidia skin. Plus, console updates still have plenty of bugs. PC players get every single update faster and hotfixes faster. Xbone didn't get it's stability patch for a while after the buggy update. Besides, the skins aren't all that great. 

Oh, and let's also ignore the weapons over the years that consoles could never get. Totally fair. 

Edited by (XB1)RFIZZLEDIZZLE

Lol why is this thread even a thing?

This is the most petty thing I think I've seen someone complain about today.

"Mommy, I don't want my cookie! I want his cookie, because it's his and not mine! Which means my cookie isn't good enough because I have it!"

Have fun with your pack.

Reason why PS4 players aren't happy is because we got the obsidian skin on an archwing which no one uses while you got it on an archwing which everyone uses.Our energy color cannot be changed but yours can.Last but not least,your anniversary gifts were 100x better than ours.

Have fun with your pack.

Reason why PS4 players aren't happy is because we got the obsidian skin on an archwing which no one uses while you got it on an archwing which everyone uses.Our energy color cannot be changed but yours can.Last but not least,your anniversary gifts were 100x better than ours.

I'm so tempted to put an Xbox master race statement in here, but I am going to refrain myself from doing so.

On a serious note - Xbox probably has some arrangement (money possibly included) that restricts what DE can release on PS4. Xbox has done that before, purposely jipping PS4 players with less luster content, all in the name of profit.

Nef Anyo is secretly Bill Gates. Illuminati confirmed!

Edit: You guys got Boar last Anniversary... That costs 545 plat now. Besides, this is our first anniversary...

Edited by (XB1)G R A V O C

PC gets 50 and 75 % off discounts as daily rewards.

True enough. But even then, we won't be able to buy any exclusive skin, even with discounted platinum.

And I am not even against consoles getting the discounts as well.

So, instead of fighting among ourselves, why don't consoles request DE for plat discounts and we, PC players, request for our line of exclusives?

Edited by NN13

True enough. But even then, we won't be able to buy any exclusive skin, even with discounted platinum.

And I am not even against consoles getting the discounts as well.

So, instead of fighting among ourselves, why don't consoles request DE for plat discounts and we, PC players, request for our line of exclusives?

50 and 75% plat discounts would be very difficult to do on console (I'm not sure if DE need the Thumbs up from Sony or Microsoft, but I don't think any of those companies want to make less money).

I do agree that PC need their own Line of skin packs so that you guys aren't left out