Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best "all-Round" Elemental Set-Up?

Ifeno

Question

I understand that the different factions have different weaknesses and thus utilizing the 3 different load-out options to cater towards 1 specific faction each is generally the preferred / ideal way to go.  That being said, I'd very much like to get a "general" set for my weapons.  An all-round set that'll serve me well without knowing what type of mission I'm about to go into.  Which assortment of elements would work best for that and how many slots should I generally allocate towards getting that elemental set-up?

11 answers to this question

Well it depends on what weapon your using, but the two main combos are, Corrosive + Blast, or Viral + Radiation. Corrosive will degrade armor by 20% each corrosive proc peramentaly unless applied to another tenno. So is required for high level grineer and corrupted, but can work on infested if you have blast. Viral + Radiation can also be good against corrupted, but not end game, but will be effective against corpus because they have low health. Viral cuts health in half by 50% and will leave the damage at that point, but maxium health will return after 6 seconds.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Viral_Damage

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Corrosive_Damage

Lets just say you are using a high damage weapon like the Sancti Tigris with high status build, then viral may be more usefull becuase your damage will bypass the maxium health when viral applies, thus an instant kill. Fast melee weapons like the numchucks work better with corrosive and blast because its low damage so you can break down the armor and also do finishers. 

Edited by Darealslenderman

This kind of laziness is why we can't have nice things...

That being said, if you're not bothered, then go with Corrosive and Heat.  Bonuses against Infested and most Grineer (the Corrosive proc is also really handy), and only penalties against Techs and Nullis (no bonuses against Corpus though).  For Void, Corrosive and Heat is optimal because only Nullis have a penalty against either.

I run Viral+Shock on most of my casual builds.

It's reasonably effective against most enemies, and the procs are nice. If on a puncture based weapon, it deals roughly equal damage to almost all enemies.

If I'm expecting to go up against extremely high level enemies, chances are I'll be in a 4xCP squad, where Corrosive isn't necessary. If I'm not in a dedicated squad, I have no plans on staying around that long.

Edited by Kthal