Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Correction: Mag Need A Buff On Crush

seniledark

I've been running mag for quite awhile and I think she just needs a buff against grineer and corrupted. I have not tested the infested, nor do I want to. After several runs on grineer planets it's easy to say:"she kills but not like the other frames do to control the crowd." The same can be said with the corrupted when facing them. I mostly ended up polarizing then using crush twice while I had a frost out doing me with his single strike of avalanche. I don't want the Gmag to come back. I just want to run mag do great damage, not just to the corpus.  So who else thinks the same here...

Edit: Targeting crush here. As my mag runs with 1000 shield and has great power strength, crush is still very, very weak. 

Edited by seniledark

I personally think there is absolutely no problem having Warframes that have a particular niche. Mag reks Corpus. I'm haapy with that. I'm not saying she ain't weak/needs a buff, but I don't think she needs a buff to make her playable against everyone. Same could be said about Ember and her infested niche. Having Warframes that excel against some factions/enemies and are weaker against others balances them out in my opinion.

I agree, she's insane vs corpus but lacks across the rest of the board comparatively, as a starter frame newer players need more support for making the choice in choosing her.

Still shes likely down the list with the likes of valkyr now being lumbered with useless skills like ripline with parlour 2.0 changing things up dramaticálly mobility wise

her only problem is ...crush having a magnetic based nuke when magnetic pretty much deals damage only to shields and when u already have a skill that destroys shields and deals better damage, makes no sense

i'm all up for a crush having more utility then damage, something like... ragdolling all enemies into a ball and drop em  ... or something like that

Edited by Regar

I disagree. As we all know, mag is a beast against corpus, but for corrupted too. I usually get over 45% dmg when having run a tower defense with mag. You can use fracturing crush to your advantage against grineer, but I agree it's her weak point. I'd just leave her unchanged for the sake of balance.

Do we? Shield polarice is her only ability that offers actuall damage and it's a ability that works on and consumes shields. It's a singlecast ability that doesn't work on efficient builds, while evrything else actually does. Going for efficiency+CC leaves her dps weak (and the CC isn't even that strong.), going for damage OFFERS A SINGLE BURST on a crowd.

I agree, she's insane vs corpus but lacks across the rest of the board comparatively, as a starter frame newer players need more support for making the choice in choosing her.

Still shes likely down the list with the likes of valkyr now being lumbered with useless skills like ripline with parlour 2.0 changing things up dramaticálly mobility wise

I think this is a different point completely. This is more along the lines of whether she is a good starter frame. I would be inclined to say no, you need balanced warframes for starters that don't have a specialty in one faction.

Yep, right now she is trash tier.  I actually have 20 plat and a Mag Prime set sitting unbuilt, and I am still not bothering with her.  It's sad because I probably would have spent that plat to buy a slot for her and obtained more plat for a reactor before the G-Pull nerf.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Yep, right now she is trash tier.  I actually have 20 plat and a Mag Prime set sitting unbuilt, and I am still not bothering with her.  It's sad because I probably would have spent that plat to buy a slot for her and obtained more plat for a reactor before the G-Pull nerf.

Pfff, really? Is that why the Top amount of kills for this week only on the Leaderboards is ~1,5 milions and it is done mostly by Mag (what a surprise, the next 10 in the top belonging also to Mag players). There is no other ability in this game, none at all, that is able to do so many kills weekly.

I think this is a different point completely. This is more along the lines of whether she is a good starter frame. I would be inclined to say no, you need balanced warframes for starters that don't have a specialty in one faction.

Perhaps but given how grineer centric early game wàrframe is its a question that needs to be addressed.

It's you ;^)

Not helping really.

Mag could use a buff since she has so little armor and her CC barely accounts for that armor value. You can play carefully and do a lot of dodging while equipping yourself with high tier guns claiming that skill is needed to use her, but that really defeats her purpose as a starter frame. There's no doubting the fact that some abilities are rather lackluster to two factions where as no other Warframe is like that either. For infested it is the worst, only crush and pull work well, I tried a BA build with high duration with maxed out quanta while also experimenting with penta explosions. She's pretty difficult to use for infested survival, defense and just generally endless infested missions.

I don't mind changes if they're good, with how they improved Frost and his ability synergy, I'd like to see some sort of similar treatment to mag. Have her abilities work together rather than from apart each other while still maintaining build variety. I want to be able to bring Mag to an infested mission without feeling like I'm being a drag, while having tons of fun playing her without others going "Why bring Mag? Go use Banshee or Vauban."

Edited by ivlr3vil