Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well I Think My Computer Is Done.

CelticMoss

So time to look at parts as a noob lol

Right now all i know it's either GPU failing or psu low watts

So 

psu

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009X8E98Y/ref=asc_df_B009X8E98Y3887014?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pricegrabbe05-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395097&creativeASIN=B009X8E98Y&ascsubtag=1442016069_910628e248c613d3cfae4e5bebb15cf0_1799_402_1204492846_669

And not sure on GPU since their are so many re bands that i don't know who would be better in the long run. 

So time to look at parts as a noob lol

Right now all i know it's either GPU failing or psu low watts

So 

psu

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009X8E98Y/ref=asc_df_B009X8E98Y3887014?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pricegrabbe05-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395097&creativeASIN=B009X8E98Y&ascsubtag=1442016069_910628e248c613d3cfae4e5bebb15cf0_1799_402_1204492846_669

And not sure on GPU since their are so many re bands that i don't know who would be better in the long run. 

It's actually better to get a power supply unit with more watts then you actually need.

Just a personal benchmark.

Warframe is significantly CPU bound. If it's the only graphically intense game you play, a simple 750ti would probably be great in most scenarios. It would also be very power efficient, only requiring 400 watts or less.

My old gtx 660 pulls 180 fps+ with almost everything on highest settings at 1080p (just for fun, 250+ just sitting in the liset). It dips down to 80fps in large rooms with lots of enemies and abilities, but that's because the cpu is holding it back with gpu usage at only ~50%/cpu usage near 100%.

Cpu: i5-3570k overclocked to 4.1ghz

Edited by Pythadragon

It is mine right now is a 600 watt and the watt cal only says i will need a 600.

I will never be a high end player i don't need 1000Watts

its still better to get more than you need because power use can spike up for various reasons and if you dont have enough to handle it you can run into problems

Just a personal benchmark.

Warframe is significantly CPU bound. If it's the only graphically intense game you play, a simple 750ti would probably be great in most scenarios. It would also be very power efficient, only requiring 400 watts or less.

My old gtx 660 pulls 180 fps+ with almost everything on highest settings at 1080p (just for fun, 250+ just sitting in the liset). It dips down to 80fps in large rooms with lots of enemies and abilities, but that's because the cpu is holding it back with gpu usage at only ~50%/cpu usage near 100%.

Cpu: i5-3570k overclocked to 4.1ghz

It doesn't matter if my gpu is dead i will need to replace it anyways i was lookint at GTX 950 the most since it's low power and still stronger then my GTX 560 Ti oc

1 - i've never heard of the brand of Power Supply you linked to. would not buy.

s...ty Power Supplies can literally become a weak Fragmentation Grenade if they completely fail.

buying a cheap Power Supply isn't worth it.

2 - if i was going to recommend a Power Supply.... *rustling sound* here's one that should last longer than you. it isn't cheap, but SeaSonic is a Manufacturer that has a reason to not be the lowest price.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss650km

it's extremely unlikely you're exceeding 600 Watts though, unless your current Power Supply isn't actually providing the power it's supposed to (which bargain bin Power Supplies tend to do).

GTX560 Ti while GPU burning uses ~180 Watts.

it's prohibitively unlikely you're using over 600.

i don't know what else you have other than the GTX560Ti Overclocked - but based on the pricing bracket of the GPU, i'm going to estimate your entire system uses ~425-475 Watts while under heavy load.

3 - for the prices that they're at, you're better off with a 750 Ti if you wanted to replace your GPU. it'll be way, way, way less Power used, and also better performance.

GTX500 was a pretty power hungry and hot series. i recommended Consumers skip that series, it was kind've terrible outside of the GTX590. granted, GTX580 was cooler and used less power than the GTX480 - but that's not setting the bar very high! :D

anyways, the GTX950 is like, 3% more expected performance than a GTX750 Ti - but you can find 750 Ti's for ~$110-130 now since there's a 950 to replace it.

take advantage of the price, since i can tell you're not made of money.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#xcx=0&c=164&X=4448,16784&i=39&sort=a8&page=1

only requiring 400 watts or less.

excuse you? the GTX 750Ti doesn't use even close to 400 Watts.

while GPU burning, a 750Ti will never exceed 75 Watts.

(a model with an aftermarket cooler that has more fans and is significantly Overclocked can need a Power Connector, but the majority of them do not)

if i'm misunderstanding what you're saying, then very well.

1 - i've never heard of the brand of Power Supply you linked to. would not buy.

s...ty Power Supplies can literally become a weak Fragmentation Grenade if they completely fail.

buying a cheap Power Supply isn't worth it.

2 - if i was going to recommend a Power Supply.... *rustling sound* here's one that should last longer than you. it isn't cheap, but SeaSonic is a Manufacturer that has a reason to not be the lowest price.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss650km

it's extremely unlikely you're exceeding 600 Watts though, unless your current Power Supply isn't actually providing the power it's supposed to (which bargain bin Power Supplies tend to do).

GTX560 Ti while GPU burning uses ~180 Watts.

it's prohibitively unlikely you're using over 600.

i don't know what else you have other than the GTX560Ti Overclocked - but based on the pricing bracket of the GPU, i'm going to estimate your entire system uses ~425-475 Watts while under heavy load.

3 - for the prices that they're at, you're better off with a 750 Ti if you wanted to replace your GPU. it'll be way, way, way less Power used, and also better performance.

GTX500 was a pretty power hungry and hot series. i recommended Consumers skip that series, it was kind've terrible outside of the GTX590. granted, GTX580 was cooler and used less power than the GTX480 - but that's not setting the bar very high! :D

anyways, the GTX950 is like, 3% more expected performance than a GTX750 Ti - but you can find 750 Ti's for ~$110-130 now since there's a 950 to replace it.

take advantage of the price, since i can tell you're not made of money.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#xcx=0&c=164&X=4448,16784&i=39&sort=a8&page=1

excuse you? the GTX 750Ti doesn't use even close to 400 Watts.

while GPU burning, a 750Ti will never exceed 75 Watts.

(a model with an aftermarket cooler that has more fans and is significantly Overclocked can need a Power Connector, but the majority of them do not)

if i'm misunderstanding what you're saying, then very well.

400 watts referring to the entire system with a 750ti.

This is pointing out that the 650watt psu originally linked to and several other of the mentioned psus are extremely overkill unless going with enthusiast setups.