The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If All Sentinels Had Vacuum

(PSN)INFINITYWART

My idea for Carrier 2.0

If all sentinels had vacuum...  replacement for vacuum on Carrier

The Carrier could live up to its name by carrying extra(limited %) reserve ammo, energy and  health it picks up in game, releasing them at a set percentage of loss or time with out finding any.

All dropped ammo,health and energy packs would be held inside the carrier and follow you instead of having to stay within range of them.,and would pulse like it does when you revive someone, showing the color of the pack red/health, blue/energy, yellow/ ammo, purple/shields.

Edited by (PS4)INFINITYWART

I have my own idea of how to get vacuum on all sentinels.

1. Reduce the number of restores you can bring on missions from 200 to 100. It's not like people actually use 200 of something in a mission.

2. Equip carrier to increase your gear limit back to 200

3. Give carrier a slightly larger pick up range.

4. ???

5. Profit.

Yes this would make more carriers useful- BUT, it'd phase out kubrows to be even more obsolete. All sentinels can use guardian- only raksa can buff your shields. If all sentinels could suck stuff up, and only chesa can (poorly) do the same function. RIP kubrows.

Raksa should give overshield, and all kubrows should be able to use a mod that restore shields, like sentinels with guardian.

Edit: expressed myself wrong :P

Edited by RazrOutlaw

Raksa should give overshield, and all kubrows should restore shields, like sentinels with guardian.

All kubrows should be able to use a mod* that restores shields. Agreed with raksa giving overshields, and keeping you overshielded as it shields you now. It's special form of adding shields (constant as you lose them, rather than full regen when you lose them) will still be unique, and all kubrows can be a good level compared to sentinels (they still need AI rework though).

Hey...I had this idea a bit ago. Didn't post it, tho. Also didn't know others already have the idea.

But then I realized...sometimes I don't want energy orbs vacuumed right to me when I'm in the vicinity of those energy sapping eximus. Sometimes not having a good host can screw up the vacuum feature as well, keeping me from picking anything up when that happened.

Meh, I use Shade, anyway.

I have my own idea of how to get vacuum on all sentinels.

1. Reduce the number of restores you can bring on missions from 200 to 100. It's not like people actually use 200 of something in a mission.

2. Equip carrier to increase your gear limit back to 200

3. Give carrier a slightly larger pick up range.

4. ???

5. Profit.

thats pretty useless

My idea for Carrier 2.0

If all sentinels had vacuum...

The Carrier could live up to its name by carrying extra(limited %) reserve ammo, energy and health it picks up in game, releasing them at a set percentage of loss or time with out finding any.

All dropped ammo,health and energy packs would be held inside the carrier and follow you instead of having to stay within range of them.,and would pulse like it does when you revive someone, showing the color of the pack red/health, blue/energy, yellow/ ammo, purple/shields.

this idea has already been up for discussion for awhile already.

We just got to wait a see it DE will do.

Yes this would make more carriers useful- BUT, it'd phase out kubrows to be even more obsolete. All sentinels can use guardian- only raksa can buff your shields. If all sentinels could suck stuff up, and only chesa can (poorly) do the same function. RIP kubrows.

so, vaccum like an inherent ability to the frames instead problem solved

My idea for Carrier 2.0

If all sentinels had vacuum...

The Carrier could live up to its name by carrying extra(limited %) reserve ammo, energy and  health it picks up in game, releasing them at a set percentage of loss or time with out finding any.

I've read something similiar before and I support this. It would make me take any sentinel other than carrier into missions.

Have been suggested that idea since the day Carrier got released.

Vacuum is the one skill that made almost everyone pick Carrier.

If Vacuum becomes a general mod, we'll see a lot more variety when it comes down to companions.

Personally, I'd be jumping between companions all the time.

so, vaccum like an inherent ability to the frames instead problem solved

Not really. Not everyone has a sentinel/kubrow (think newbies). Vacuum should not be on kubrows. Vacuum should not be on anything but sentinels, and I'm still iffy about anything besides carrier having it as it is.