The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Shield Polarize Overused

-N7-Leonhart

Gimme a corpus focused raid and i SOLO that S#&$. That's the difference.

So it's OP because it's good against 1 faction and completely useless against the majority of enemies? 

Why are you even upset at all? It's a co-op game. 

I seriously cannot understand how people can be this ignorant. 

So it's OP because it's good against 1 faction and completely useless against the majority of enemies? 

Just because it's a co-op game doesn't mean it doesn't need balance

Seriously? Mag's sh*ttons of nerfs isn't enough? Well I don't know what to say, Mag is corpus bane and that's her sole specialty, yet people still cry over it? Community never fails to amaze me when it comes to these stuff.

Greedy pull nerf= S#&$tons of nerf?

Against one fraction, dealing ae to any fraction, working without a numeric limit of any sort.

Seriously? Mag's sh*ttons of nerfs isn't enough? Well I don't know what to say, Mag is corpus bane and that's her sole specialty, yet people still cry over it? Community never fails to amaze me when it comes to these stuff.

And that's supposed to be reason to ignore the still present one most overpowered ability in the game? I'm in for a rework any day but i'm definitly not gonna ignore SP.

Against one fraction, dealing ae to any fraction, working without a numeric limit of any sort.

And that's supposed to be reason to ignore the still present one most overpowered ability in the game? I'm in for a rework any day but i'm definitly not gonna ignore SP.

You're either bad or a troll. Either way I hope this fail thread is closed soon. 

You're either bad or a troll. Either way I hope this fail thread is closed soon.

Said the loki who defends mags overpowered ability.

I know such havens, bugs and mechanics are nice to abuse but they have no place in a game that aims for balance.

....in fact not even in a game that doesn't... name one game that has both, numerical and percentual damage represented in theyr damage ranks...SP is just straight bs.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

How has this thread not been locked yet, the toxicity and venom in it are insane. Those calling for a rework  of mag, that's fine she could use one. But do not single out a frame that is already, unused by a majority of the players for 1 ability just because you are angry at leader board kills. The only real way to fix this is a complete overhaul rework if that wont happen leave her ability alone. 

Edited by knightlol

The argument "But it's only OP against corpus" does not hold.

How about we have frames that can blow up armor and infested flesh respectively up to lvl 9999? That would be balanced, because they are only good against something, right? /sarcasm

How has this thread not been locked yet, the toxicity and venom in it are insane. Those calling for a rework  of mag, that's fine she could use one. But do not single out a frame that is already, unused by a majority of the players for 1 ability just because you are angry at leader board kills. The only real way to fix this is a complete overhaul rework if that wont happen leave her ability alone. 

It looks to me that only the ones that oppose the idea bring the toxicity. How about they bring their ideas for rework in a bit more peaceful manner?

The argument currently does hold until a full rework is in the works removing one of the few things that makes her usable would be completely asinine. It is like saying we know its broken, instead of fixing it we will just break it more and kill it off. it doesn't work to call for a nerf on 1 ability when its one of the 2 saving graces it has.  And no you have been quite toxic as well so please dont do the whole its only the other side thing.

The fact that this thread isn't closed yet leads me to believe that DE is, at one point or another, going to take notice - test it out for themselves and in 2-4 weeks time, there will be talk on a Devstream about a SP nerf or, complete, Mag "rework".

I don't care how many times you can defend it, at the end of the day, this entire thread was over how someone couldn't climb the Leaderboards.

How has this thread not been locked yet, the toxicity and venom in it are insane. Those calling for a rework of mag, that's fine she could use one. But do not single out a frame that is already, unused by a majority of the players for 1 ability just because you are angry at leader board kills. The only real way to fix this is a complete overhaul rework if that wont happen leave her ability alone.

Toxicity is a interresting take...litteraly evryone beein toxic against SP has been recommending a rework or massive buff to her overall kit what has, up to this point, been ignored just to defend SP.

How is asking for balance toxic to her or wf? Isn't SP, litteraly the only damage ability that ignores lvls as ae ability, toxic to the game?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Toxicity is a interresting take...litteraly evryone beein toxic against SP has been recommending a rework or massive buff to her overall kit what has, up to this point, beein ignored just to defend SP.

How is asking for balance toxic to her or wf? Isn't SP, litteraly the only damage ability that ignores lvls as ae ability, toxic to the game?

No, it isn't. THe problem is not SP. THe problem is bad spawn logic that is abusable with bots.

Except the means of evry single other frame, weapon, sentinel...

And then thers SP that simply ignores the set boundarys on your side..

And this is honestly a huge problem.

I've said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again. Shield Polarise is not a problem. Maximised Shield Polarise with every [Corrupted] mod in the game maxed is a slight problem. Spawning logic and variety that allows for infinite botting is the real problem.

The argument "But it's only OP against corpus" does not hold.

How about we have frames that can blow up armor and infested flesh respectively up to lvl 9999? That would be balanced, because they are only good against something, right? /sarcasm

It looks to me that only the ones that oppose the idea bring the toxicity. How about they bring their ideas for rework in a bit more peaceful manner?

Thats exactly how its supposed to work when you're good at one thing -not as exaggerated as you implied tho. With your argument, you would be calling up Wizards of The Coast and telling them to nerf the Paladin in Dungeons & Dragons because of the bonus with Smite Evil and Turn Un-Dead. "Hey, all the Paladins are doing is hanging out in Crypts and killing un-dead! OP WTF NERF!" But please, tell me how thats different because reasons.

You lack gaming experience because if you had any serious time with them, you wouldn't be moaning.

Like multiple people have already said, this was nothing but a butt hurt post about Leaderboards that asked for a nerf to justify it all. Plain and simple. If others cant see that, thats their problem, but posts like these are very common in games where kills are tracked.

DE is so worried about adding a kick ability in the game, because feelings. But yet they let the epeen meter stay in game and promote it. Yeah, thats all kinda of common sense.

Toxicity is a interresting take...litteraly evryone beein toxic against SP has been recommending a rework or massive buff to her overall kit what has, up to this point, been ignored just to defend SP.

Toxic as in how players are treating each other and being rude etc. We aren't saying dont balance we are saying balance once a rework has been properly imposed. With out the rework you have literally made the frame useless congratz you have ruined players time, and investments they have made to the frame with out giving anything back. 

No, it isn't. THe problem is not SP. THe problem is bad spawn logic that is abusable with bots.

^agreed, 

The fact that this thread isn't closed yet leads me to believe that DE is, at one point or another, going to take notice - test it out for themselves and in 2-4 weeks time, there will be talk on a Devstream about a SP nerf or, complete, Mag "rework".

I don't care how many times you can defend it, at the end of the day, this entire thread was over how someone couldn't climb the Leaderboards.

Seriously the only reason this thread exists is because some #$&(% wants to *@##$ about leader boards. Now im not saying Mag doesnt need a rework it does. 

And this is honestly a huge problem.

I've said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again. Shield Polarise is not a problem. Maximised Shield Polarise with every [Corrupted] mod in the game maxed is a slight problem. Spawning logic and variety that allows for infinite botting is the real problem.

Honestly, i agree to your logic. Wf is missing evrything, be it classes (including a propper aggro system), enemy types to support them or even clear boundarys on endgame content. But mag is just in her own little leage with SP on the given setup.

It is how it is. And it is just BROKEN how it is.

There are clear examples for your take, named mesa and prenerf excalibur. These dominate(d) with sheer range up to the endgame content but they had a definitive falloff that's just missing in this case. I mean put something that drains 100% of a source and deals up to 700% of said source in any other game, let this source be present in at least 50% of the content... it wouldn't last a week without breaking the game. But it's ok in wf?...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Honestly, i agree to your logic. Wf is missing evrything, be it classes (including a propper aggro system), enemy types to support them or even clear boundarys on endgame content. But mag is just in her own little leage with SP on the given setup.

It most definitly wouldn't be (at least) THAT o.p. on a different setup but it is how it is. And it is just BROKEN how it is.

Your right her scaling is a bit OP, however she doesnt have any thing else going for her. Stop moaning about her 1 useable skill being OP and wait for a full rework, why would you make a frame useless for a time being until it gets a rework somewhere down the lane. Let her have her one power it only scales in Corpus right now, well thats an important thing. How much time do players actually spend on corpus missions etc, you are being irrational. Until there is a proper fix dont break it more.