The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Alt Skins (The Frost Update! 25.10.2015)

[DE]Artarrwen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is the best Volt skin concept I never see. Volt is my favorite character and I REALLLLLLLYY hope the creators choose this armor for the next deluxe skin! 

Ps : all your concepts are incredible! plz, take all my platinium!

It's well drawn, nicely shaded, and the lightning effects are nice, but by itself the design is somewhat bland and doesn't play off of Volt's design or theme very well. If it weren't for the lightning, it'd more likely be mistaken for a new warframe fan concept than a skin for Volt.

8 hours ago, alexmach1 said:

It's well drawn, nicely shaded, and the lightning effects are nice, but by itself the design is somewhat bland and doesn't play off of Volt's design or theme very well. If it weren't for the lightning, it'd more likely be mistaken for a new warframe fan concept than a skin for Volt.

And the last X number of skins have? None of the deluxe skins are closely related to the warframes kit or theme.

Its a good skin, even if it looks like a Protoss

51 minutes ago, Liverslices said:

And the last X number of skins have? None of the deluxe skins are closely related to the warframes kit or theme.

It's a ok skin. Has that protoss vibe however I expect his deluxe skin to be more of a hey look I'm a badass electrical dragon.

2 minutes ago, yual said:

you mean chromas?

Not a actually dragon. More of how you feel when you see something that powerful in heat of battle. That is how these skin should feel.

Also, the artist who drew this skin has some really good other skins. I just don't think is the one for volt in my opinion.

ex, like the Nova one they drew.

Edited by Gravefire
edit that's why

I... I think they're all kinda crap...?

Regardless, thanks but... why is it in this forum? There's a thread where I post them and it's pretty clear they can't be implemented just yet (and probably won't be because by the time DE allow full body swaps - if that ever happens - I'd likely be able to make something much better than what I have)

Edited by Artarrwen

4 hours ago, Artarrwen said:

I... I think they're all kinda crap...?

Regardless, thanks but... why is it in this forum? There's a thread where I post them and it's pretty clear they can't be implemented just yet (and probably won't be because by the time DE allow full body swaps - if that ever happens - I'd likely be able to make something much better than what I have)

I don't think they're all crap you have some extremely godly ones

6 hours ago, Liverslices said:

None of the deluxe skins are closely related to the warframes kit or theme.

Saryn's skin revolves around organic fungi-esque shapes and plant growth, a subset to her toxic theme.

Rhino, Nyx, and Excalibur have skins based on Dark Sector, but you can still recognize which frame they are because they share their signature features.

Trinity's skin still has her obscene dress.

Banshee's upcoming skin has headphones and designs that resemble vinyl records.

Oberon's skin takes more influence from nature, being covered in branches and having monarch patterns on his coat.

Even if you don't believe me, you can read the devblogs themselves as they explain the thought process behind making the skins.

On 2/23/2016 at 3:50 AM, Liverslices said:

the last X number of skins have been great honestly. the point of skins in my opinion should be different rather than just sticking by the theme. obviously structures and features should be somewhat intact, as an example, loki's hammerhead, excaliburs horn, rhino's stature, etc. but other than that, its a free ball game and theme doesnt necessarily have to play a focal role.

as of this fan concept, i agree with the previous user. the technique is great, the color is wonderful, the lighting is amazing but concept design itself it isnt interesting or "unique" (for a lack of better terms, i apologize). just keep in mind, some of the opinions here arent here to be hurtful (sometimes) but merely just critique is all

I don't like it personally. Deluxe skins, aside from Valkyr's which is a bit of a special case, are all very delicate and elegant. Hopefully Volt's will be too. This design is too rough to be a deluxe skin, and too aggressive/violent for Volt anyway. And I don't think he needs any more emphasis on the codpiece than he already has.