Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Clem

PickleMonster21

Was I the only one who rolled their eyes during this whole quest? Everyone seems to be loving Clem, but I just felt annoyed, having to interact with that thing. I don't know. Anyone else feel this way? Or am I the only one?

I'm sorry to all you people who think you're being funny by calling me a Heretic, but please. Stop. It's completely unnecessary. All I'm trying to do is have a discussion. For example, I've learnt that Clem is a Forum joke, which I had no idea about. This whole quest is literally a joke and...

4C4nOuX.png

Edited by PickleMonster21

You weren't alone. Darvo's dialogue was quite funny, joking about selling life support and all - loved that part. As for Clem... I love the funny lines that the Grineer spout out and I'm glad the forum community has always embraced them. But making a quest about literally getting Clem and two grakatas - it just felt a bit silly to me.

If it was release on 1st April, I'd be fine with it - clearly a complete joke, but it wasn't. Clem just doesn't belong in the game as he is now. Well, that's how I feel at least - the community has spoken and it's overwhelmingly positive. So good for them really, I hope everyone else really enjoyed Clem.

This is just like a side quest in any other game; not so serious but still great fun. The difference that sets this quest apart is that it's community focused. Clem and two grakatas were born from the community. Seeing a developer actually make a quest from community's inside jokes is just awesome.

Die Heretic!

Die Lizard! Leech! BLOODY WORM!

This is why I don't play with the Online setting or use the Region chat.

This is Warframe`s inside joke. Give it some love. Or at least let the people who enjoy it enjoy it. 

I'm not bashing it. I just wanted to see what other people thought of Clem and the quest is all. I personally didn't enjoy it, so I wanted to see if I was alone, or if other people felt the same way.

I was, of course, somewhat awestruck to see Clem in all his glory make an appearance in warframe. In terms of seriousness and lore, I don't really think he's doing any harm. If anything, he makes me intrigued about just how defect grineer clones can get. Look at the guy, he's tiny! I wonder if we'll see another grineer like him.

Finally, a Clem hater.

Brush aside the comic relief, he is just a lil Grineer that wants to be a Tenno. 

HE EVEN WEARS A SYANDANA

HE WORSHIPS US

I wouldn't say I hated him. I just didn't enjoy the quest at all. But after seeing that Clem is a forum joke, and I missed a joke from when Invasions first came out (gra-kata, or something like that), then I feel like I missed everything. Therefore, not enjoying the quest like you seemed to have.

If anything, he makes me intrigued about just how defect grineer clones can get. Look at the guy, he's tiny! I wonder if we'll see another grineer like him.

See, this is the thing. I was always under the impression that they dispatched defected Grineer clones because they're... well, defected. No Grineer army is gonna want a defected Grineer unit, right? So what are they gonna do with a useless defect?

As someone who has been playing this game since Grineer spoke plain English, Clem is a storied tradition that includes a menagerie of memetic mutations.

I wouldn't expect someone with no attachment to the source material to enjoy it. Just don't go ruining it for the people who appreciate what they consider a little tribute to their beloved meme.

As someone who has been playing this game since Grineer spoke plain English, Clem is a storied tradition that includes a menagerie of memetic mutations.

I wouldn't expect someone with no attachment to the source material to enjoy it. Just don't go ruining it for the people who appreciate what they consider a little tribute to their beloved meme.

As someone who has been playing since before Nova and Survivals in the game, I have never heard of Clem until now. As for "a menagerie of memetic mutations", I can't say I'm a fan of memes in general as my humor doesn't involve memes. 

Please, explain to me how I'm ruining it for everyone else by giving my own opinion, and then leaving the Thread open for a discussion/others' opinions. I'm not hating on Clem, saying that the Quest should never have happened, and it was the stupidest thing in Warframe since Chroma. I was simply saying that I didn't find it enjoyable, and then asking what others' opinions on the Quest were.

Personally, I found Clem to be cute (but I also find the Diriga kind of cute too...)

DE could have done a bit more with the quest missions themselves, like provide a bit more lore on the Grineer, but it's a light hearted quest and not meant to really be integral to the game.  I think the quest could have been a bit more...legit? if they had popped in some Grineer dialogue talking about how they had hoped so much more for Clem, or about how they should have killed him sooner, etc.  Give it a bit more intrigue than "Save my little friend!  ~Darvo."

Normally, I think the Grineer kill the defects but Darvo said that he was an amazing fighter, so maybe the Grineer were looking into alternative combat units?  I dunno, only reason I can think to keep Clem alive long enough for him to become a contact for Darvo. 

The little guy was able to take a beating and still go around and happily spray mobs with his Twoooo Grakakta.

my humor doesn't involve memes. 

It does, but in a broader sense than what is typically ascribed to the word 'meme' on the internet. The meme is a unit of cultural inheritance, and all humor in humans involves knowledge (tacit or otherwise) held in common (or sometimes not held in common).

Please, explain to me how I'm ruining it for everyone else 

You aren't, but don't start. If you do, I'll send the dropbear after you ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ