Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Kubrow Armor Concept] Enemy Faction Inspired Designs

(PSN)Suldae

Disclaimer

These ideas originated from the initial announcement and before any concepts were shown, as it does, life reared it's head and I was unable to finish these until now.

They were designed with possible attachment points in mind. The armor sets released so far aren't far from my attach points, so that was cool. Additionally, I didn't know if there were any features or extras to be included, but I imagined but some neat visual effects to go with each set.

Grineer Armor

As stated in the title, these designs were inspired by the wearable faction themed armor available to our warframes. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I want all my gear to match, so why not a Grineer armored pup to match your tattered cape flowing in the wind!

This is were the project started. I wear the giant horned shoulder armor on my Rhino and it was clearly the inspiration for the back piece. I also referenced the Lancers and the Frontier Butcher and Hellions for the helmet and detail pieces. The claws were based on the Furax.

Concept_Kubrow_Armor_Grineer.jpg

Infested Armor

The second designed this one saw the most changes made from sketch to finished concept. The horns on the back piece were inspired by the horn growths on the back of Chargers and the spores obviously come from the Mutilist MOAs. The overall carapace and sinew look came from the Ancients, I forget now that it's been awhile, but I want to say the claws/teeth all over came from the Ancients too.

Now, who would put this stuff on their Kubrow? I don't know, who would sick them on the Infested in the first place, and with only their teeth and claws to boot? Either way I was very happy with how this one came out.

Concept_Kubrow_Armor_Infested.jpg

Corpus Armor

Perhaps taking the longest to design and finish, I didn't know where to start other than with Darvo's cap! Initially I had planned on doing the hologram armor panels like the warframe armor. However it didn't seem an equal to the Grineer and Infested set. I tried to draw from the Corpus weapons and that really only manifested in the back piece.

Then it hit me out of nowhere to pull from the Corpus Proxies! The Helmet is an mish-mash of the Crewmen helmets and the Drone heads. The chest armor is inspired by the underside of a Drone wing and the claws are drawn from MOA feet. Though sad that I couldn't get the hologram armor to work for me, I like where this design went.

Concept_Kubrow_Armor_Corpus_1.jpg

I hope you like these designs and I hope to come up with some more stuff in the future!

Awesome designs, would insta-buy.

I just noticed they're missing hind leg parts.

The original sketches had armor on the back feet that were basically less "attack" focused versions, but I since the Kubrow don't attack with their hind legs, I omitted them.

Edited by (PS4)Suldae

The original sketches had armor on the back feet that were basically less "attack" focused versions, but I since the Kubrow don't attack with their hind legs, I omitted them.

though it could be nice with armor pieces on the hind legs