Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has De Considered Elemental Mods Or Using Weapon Auras?

(PSN)WiiConquered

In Devstream 60 (I read AM-Bunny's overview and watched Quiette's, but didn't watch the stream itself) DE said more about reworking mandatory mods. My question is, have they said anything about elemental mods? I have a difficult time seeing any changes be successful as long as there are still 9+ damage-increasing mods per weapon (enough to hog every slot).

Another thing is that DE has been experimenting with weapons gaining damage every level. Does anyone know if they've considered moving pure damage mods (normal, corrupted, and nightmare) to an aura slot? In my opinion, that better allows players to bring themselves to whatever content they are capable of taking on, even with a slightly weaker weapon, it doesn't upheave progression, and also lets players keep mods they've heavily invested in.

i dont think people understand that 

Costumisation AND Progression go together

your mod system along with acquiring frames (and formaing) is your progression slowly evolving and offering choices

Example: Diablo 3 - you slowly get better stats and keep evolving but in the end you choose which combination of skills (frames and weapons) and which kind of boosts and passives you want (mods)

like i dont think people understand that "mods" cannot just be reworked if we were to remove all damage mods (elementals, crit, base, and multishot) whats left?

every build will consist of the remaining 5 mods and thats it

every warframe weapon with almost no exception will have a meta build

people should stop complaining about their progressive mod system and use their "diversion" on the WEAPON TOPIC weapons make the gameplay different, FRAMES make the gameplay different, mods merely add a slight boost to that,

REBALANCE weapons, if 80%+ of weapons werent so utter garbage we wouldnt have this conversation (and yes i understand theres at least in the beginning some progression behind it -  even if all weapons (or majrity at least) were viable - it wouldnt change the mastery system by one bit, nothing would change but the fact that i wouldnt have to feel like trash using a glaxion, paracyst, MITER and panthera

I'd prefer if all the damage mods got removed. Elemental should probably be turned into converters.

Off course, everything will need to be re-balanced accordingly.

Also, more utility mods. Not just mods that adjust weapon stats, like reload and such, but something like the explosion mod for shuriken/bow and sticky grenades.

Maybe bouncing bullets, scattering bullets on impact (the damage is split between the scattered pieces). Mod for Ogris that allows us to remote control its rocket (rocket moves slower and has a camera). Cluster grenade launchers. Matrix bullets (when fired they briefly pause in the air, allowing to prerare a barrage for the upcoming wave). Boomerang projectiles. etc...

i dont think people understand that 

Costumisation AND Progression go together

your mod system along with acquiring frames (and formaing) is your progression slowly evolving and offering choices

Example: Diablo 3 - you slowly get better stats and keep evolving but in the end you choose which combination of skills (frames and weapons) and which kind of boosts and passives you want (mods)

like i dont think people understand that "mods" cannot just be reworked if we were to remove all damage mods (elementals, crit, base, and multishot) whats left?

every build will consist of the remaining 5 mods and thats it

every warframe weapon with almost no exception will have a meta build

people should stop complaining about their progressive mod system and use their "diversion" on the WEAPON TOPIC weapons make the gameplay different, FRAMES make the gameplay different, mods merely add a slight boost to that,

REBALANCE weapons, if 80%+ of weapons werent so utter garbage we wouldnt have this conversation (and yes i understand theres at least in the beginning some progression behind it -  even if all weapons (or majrity at least) were viable - it wouldnt change the mastery system by one bit, nothing would change but the fact that i wouldnt have to feel like trash using a glaxion, paracyst, MITER and panthera

I mostly agree with this post.  More customization options IS progression.  Obtaining and utilizing mods that simply increase DPS isn't true progression since enemies inevitably grow in health to compensate for the increased damage output.  10 damage against 100 health is the same as 1,000 damage against 10,000 health.  But when I can take the ammo left in my magazine and turn it into a grenade at the cost of the ammo in that magazine, that's customization.  When I can install a mod on my Ogris that grants it some tracking capability towards my cross hairs, that's customization.  And obtaining these customization options is progression, just as is getting new guns and frames and increasing mastery rank.

I wish people would ween themselves off the idea that dealing bigger and bigger numbers in damage from one moment to the next is progression despite still only dealing 4% of their enemy's life in damage if they keep to content meant for their new balancing point.  They're as delusional as they come.  And really, who goes back to the older stuff they can stomp when there's nothing to gain from it?  Fortunately, the online space is catching on to this progression fallacy, but many are still hooked on to it, and developers are unwilling to cut the concept from their design, either because they just don't think about it or rely on it for their version of the skinner's box.