Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Happy About The Vipers Wraith But...

P0TAT0CANN0N

TBH, they need a buff. Preferably more ammo. About 1000 more. 

Potentially more crit as well. Somewhere around the 25% range so it is viable for a crit build? 

I mean what is the point of an event weapon that is a hindrance to use? 

Edited by P0TAT0CANN0N

Personally, I want to see AkWraith Twin Vipers, and Twin Gorgon Wraith

Then, I would fuse together my AkWraith Twin Vipers, Twin Gorgon Wraith, and Twin Grakatas into either one bullet hose weapon of god-like capabilities... or a jetpack... powered by bullets... because jetpack.

And yes, I'm being serious about this, I want a jetpack... powered by bullets.

If I can't have that, then I guess a crit and reload buff would suffice, at least 25% crit chance, and 1 second reload, because bullet hoses are fun.

Edited by PhoenixElite

TBH, they need a buff. Preferably more ammo. About 1000 more. 

Potentially more crit as well. Somewhere around the 25% range so it is viable for a crit build? 

I mean what is the point of an event weapon that is a hindrance to use? 

i agree the weapon needs a buff de says they want diversity in the game but release weapons like that

I do not experience any serious lack of ammo with prime mutation but the frequents reload couple with the 2 seconds reload is killing the combat flow for me. Either speed up the reload to be on par with Aksomati or increase the clip size to 100ish

Edited by Neogeo

I don't know about you guys, but I think the Wraith Vipers are in a pretty good spot. I don't use them for an entire mission or as a main weapon. I use them to take care of Heavy units. I run a max fire rate setup on mine that makes them perform like a shotgun. Even 20 minutes into a T3S, I still don't need to empty my magazines to kill Nullifiers. It's also worth mentioning that I only have 2 Forma on mine.

Wondered how long it would be before people started whining about the Wraith Vipers.

Fact is, they're old weapons and it shows.

Nevertheless, this is one of those weapons that ammo mutation is pretty much a necessity if you plan on actually using them for more than the occasional burning down of a tough enemy.

Also, they actually do their best damage (at least on paper) with a crit build--assuming Primed Pistol Gambit, of course.

I do not experience any serious lack of ammo with prime mutation but the frequents reload couple with the 2 seconds reload is killing the combat flow for me. Either speed up the reload to be on par with Aksomati or increase the clip size to 100ish

The fact that a prime mod is needed is not exactly a good thing.

I would like to see the Wraith Twin Vipers have the ability to use the syndicate augment for the Viper. There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to.

Also this.

Reload speed could be dropped to 1.3 then they should be fine.

But the ammo pool is still low. You would end up running out of ammo even faster than you do already. It might actually make the gun worse if there are no other changes. Sure your DPS goes up but so does your ammo consumption. It's usability goes down.

A gun can have great DPS but if its usability is poor then what is the point?

Edited by P0TAT0CANN0N

Also this.

But the ammo pool is still low. You would end up running out of ammo even faster than you do already. It might actually make the gun worse if there are no other changes. Sure your DPS goes up but so does your ammo consumption. It's usability goes down.

A gun can have great DPS but if its usability is poor then what is the point?

I do not see how a reduced reload speed would make it worse given you have to run it with ammo mutation anyways. 

I do not see how a reduced reload speed would make it worse given you have to run it with ammo mutation anyways. 

Reloading more often means you fire more often, therefore you use more ammo, therefore you need a bigger ammo pool.

And people complain about multi shot being a necessary mod.

You probably not very familiar with machinegun pistol. Just about any automatic pistol required Prime mutation to sustain the DPS. Wraith viper is no different. It doesn't take much effort to get a rank 8 Prime mutation. If you really can't afford one, maybe you should stick to single shot pistol like Vaykor Marelok or Lex prime.

You probably not very familiar with machinegun pistol. Just about any automatic pistol required Prime mutation to sustain the DPS. Wraith viper is no different. It doesn't take much effort to get a rank 8 Prime mutation. If you really can't afford one, maybe you should stick to single shot pistol like Vaykor Marelok or Lex prime.

I was referring to the fact that any single mod is required to use a weapon consistently is just plain bad game design.

We need ammo 2.0 and we need it now.

Wraith Vipers are already a Crit Weapon.

they are already 'Crit viable'. more than viable actually, they are a Crit reliant Weapon.

you could... speed up the Reload and have a larger Ammo Pool - but either way, just inherently by design, they will waste a ton of Ammo and have empty Magazines nearly instantly.

there's not really anything that can be done about that without making Wraith Vipers Power Creep. let's not do that.

I still don't need to empty my magazines to kill Nullifiers.

probably helps that Nullifier Crewman are Trash Units with a bubble on their head.

so you can Kill Nullifier Crewman just fine like, 4 Hours into survival with a MK-1 Braton.

There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to.

except for the most important reason, that the Augment is for single Viper in order to give Players more reason to even consider using the single?

that's why Augments for single Sidearms are exclusive to them. the Augments are intended to address the problem of Players making a dual because they're just straight up better.

so no, dual Weapons should not be able to use Augments intended for single Weapons.

Reloading more often means you fire more often, therefore you use more ammo

complete insanity.

Reloading faster only means the Weapon is ready faster. you only use more Ammo when Reloading faster if you're the sort of Player that tapes their Trigger down when the Mission starts and only lets go when the Mission ends.

by your logic, if you take any Gun in Warframe and quadruple it's Reload Time, it's 4x as Ammunition Efficient.

that's not how this works at all.

Edited by taiiat

except for the most important reason, that the Augment is for single Viper in order to give Players more reason to even consider using the single?

that's why Augments for single Sidearms are exclusive to them. the Augments are intended to address the problem of Players making a dual because they're just straight up better.

so no, dual Weapons should not be able to use Augments intended for single Weapons.

It doesn't help that both the single and dual variant suck.  I understand that the purpose of the augments for the single versions of weapons are supposed to make them more attractive, but it doesn't help when there's no reason to use either variant.

Wraith Vipers are already a Crit Weapon.

they are already 'Crit viable'. more than viable actually, they are a Crit reliant Weapon.

you could... speed up the Reload and have a larger Ammo Pool - but either way, just inherently by design, they will waste a ton of Ammo and have empty Magazines nearly instantly.

there's not really anything that can be done about that without making Wraith Vipers Power Creep. let's not do that.

probably helps that Nullifier Crewman are Trash Units with a bubble on their head.

so you can Kill Nullifier Crewman just fine like, 4 Hours into survival with a MK-1 Braton.

complete insanity.

Reloading faster only means the Weapon is ready faster. you only use more Ammo when Reloading faster if you're the sort of Player that tapes their Trigger down when the Mission starts and only lets go when the Mission ends.

by your logic, if you take any Gun in Warframe and quadruple it's Reload Time, it's 4x as Ammunition Efficient.

that's not how this works at all.

Never said I wanted power creep I said I wanted a usable weapon instead of something that you use for killing about 10 enemies before needing to use an ammo restore. 

I highly doubt 18% crit is truly crit viable. (Yes I have the primed crit mod but that is another discussion entirely.) 

You missed my entire point.