Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have Syndicate Effects Set Off With Conditions Like Arcane Enhancements

AlphaSierraMike

So I was thinking, usually when I use a syndicate weapon it's usually because I want to reap whatever boost I get from the effect, and not really the damage itself. So... perhaps we could have options where we could choose when the effects are activated.

So for example, Justice, Purity and Truth sets off when health is damage, Blight and Entropy sets off when energy is not at its maximum, Sequence sets off when shield gets damaged.

The selection would probably be available in the appearance tab, having the option of Syndicate effect: active or passive. Passive being the conditions.

Restricting these options to syndicate weapons would probably be better, since the effect is built in. Not sure whether that could be implemented on weapons that accept augment mods, so those would just be active all the time. Kinda fits logically as well. Syndicate weapons are more refined than weapons with augment, and can hold in their effects.... or something. Like someone with chronic irritable bowl syndrome versus a dude accidentally taking laxative pills.

Or we could just stick with what we have and make the effect not alert enemies.

That, or just put another button for syndicate procs. Might be a problem for controllers though.

And besides... *Looks at Synoid/Rakta syandana* Yeah, if they do actually implement this, I don't think it'll be as easy as getting health/shield damage...

Well I'm thinking more in line with not wasting the boost instead of the damage itself. I'm not too big of an ability user, so my energy reserve is always full. I used to run the Rakta Ballistica solely to rack up energy, but that was before they buffed the balls out of it.

Or we could just stick with what we have and make the effect not alert enemies.

It's not exactly reasonable to want an effect that damages enemies to not alert the enemy.... It's not the effect itself that's alerting the enemy, it's the fact that you just took a chunk out of the dude's health. Heck bows, throwing knife and melee alert enemies as well if you don't get a clean one shot kill. That's why they beef up damage on stealth kills just to make sure the enemy dies instantly.