Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Removal Of Frost/mag Prime And Why It's Awesome!

Elimod

Permanently exclusive weapons/frames are awful. I like how DE has been moving away from that and only doing exclusive cosmetic items like event badges and prime access accessories.

^This exactly. I don't begrudge the existing exclusive stuff (Founders, and maybe Lato and Braton vandal?) because DE already committed to it, but i hope everything in future is never said to be exclusive forever so that new adopters will be more likely to stay after finding out there isn't a ton of content they can never get ingame.

I've never understood why is it so important for some people to have an exclusivity feeling. Where is the fun in locking content?

Locking content is bad in any way shape or form, for any game. This is one of the reasons I despise pre-order bonuses in other gamess.

Although, I understand the reasons DE is temporarily removing content to later bring it back in a more organized way. But it still doesnt mean I approve the way it's been handled.

Edited by (XB1)The Dracoknight

I understand that Frost Prime, Mag Prime, and the weapons they came with will return eventually, but I don't recall DE explicitly stating that they would return with StarChart 3.0. Can someone point me towards a devstream or a tweet or something that a developer of DE stated that confirms this?

Sorry to burst your bubble...actually not really, but anyway, they're coming back with Starchart 3.0. 

This reminds me of a thread where some guy demanded Oxium drops be re-nerfed after DE buffed them because he felt that it made Zephyr easier to get and he couldn't be a special flower anymore. 

This way of thinking is truly disgusting. There are very few things in my life that I would say are truly disgusting, but this is one of them. It's difficult for me to articulate my thoughts in such a way so as to convey to you how truly disgusting this is, and the forum code of conduct doesn't even come close to allowing me to fully express what I would like to.

"Exclusivity is bad for everyone. It creates short term market distortion and long term crying." -Gabe Newell

Who in the universe thinks preventing players from acquiring the best gear because of reasons out of their control is a good idea? You think you're superior to newer players just because you started playing the game sooner? You think they don't deserve prime gear, and you do? Elitist Tenno skoom.

Reverse the situation. Put yourself in the shoes of a new player who has just discovered that they will never be able to acquire the discontinued prime gear. If I was in that position, I would want to rip the throat out of whoever first proposed that exclusivity, perhaps even literally. Could you blame me?

You say you hope the discontinued primes become your Excalibur Prime, but if you had any experience with this game and this community whatsoever, you would realize just how horrible that would be. Based on your 27 posts at the time I'm posting this, you don't have a clue about the sheer amount of salt that has been dumped on both sides of the founder v.s. non-founder schism.

You would unleash a new era of elitist entitlement upon this game, permanently deprive new players of powerful gear, and plunge the entire community into an all out class war. This is honestly one of the worst ideas I've ever heard on these forums.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

No offensive op, but this is quite one of the worst threads/ideas. Exclusivity, especially in warframe, is wrong. Why would you want to make Frost, Mag, and next up, Ember to be Vaulted. Can you imagine a new player wanting the prime version of there favorite frame, and not being able to get it. It's awesome for you, but not awesome for the person looking for the prime of frost and mag. This is one of the most selfish things I've seen in warframe.

They removed this items because of there drop tables, not because of random exclusivity. I have both of these items, I wouldn't really care if they came back. In fact, they are coming back because of the Starchart 3.

So sorry, but this is the most selfish thing I've seen in warframe, Period.

No offensive op, but this is quite one of the worst threads/ideas. Exclusivity, especially in warframe, is wrong. Why would you want to make Frost, Mag, and next up, Ember to be Vaulted. Can you imagine a new player wanting the prime version of there favorite frame, and not being able to get it. It's awesome for you, but not awesome for the person looking for the prime of frost and mag. This is one of the most selfish things I've seen in warframe.

They removed this items because of there drop tables, not because of random exclusivity. I have both of these items, I wouldn't really care if they came back. In fact, they are coming back because of the Starchart 3.

So sorry, but this is the most selfish thing I've seen in warframe, Period.

Also, INB4 lock

Edited by (PS4)abb12355

I think the removal of Frost Prime and Mag Prime is awesome because it makes me feel like i have something unique in the game that's not obtainable any more. I think they should be removing a few Primed items every time they release new Prime items.

Anyone against or for that idea?

So much pointless elitism

Do you want rainbow colored snowflake on your head sir?

My mate thinks removing Frost Prime was awesome because he's making a ton of plat now selling all the parts he accumulated.

.. and there I was thinking I was smart selling them all for 1 or 2 Void Trader items.

(the 100p I made selling them pales in comparison to the hundreds he's made selling the Frost parts)

When has anything ever come back?

Brakk, Detron, Prova Vandal (twice), Machete Wraith, Strun Wraith, Twin Viper Wraiths, dual stat event mods, and a few I'm probably missing.

And where is all this wishful thinking about things magically coming back in the star charts coming from?

I'm not 100% sure if a dev has directly stated that vaulted primes will return with the Void rework, but it's possible. It has been stated that the vaulted items will return at a later date, and we know that the Void is getting a rework that will completely change the way in which we acquire prime items, so it makes logical sense that the two would coincide.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3