Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Finally Started On A Promise

Renegade343

So, a year ago, I promised someone that I would be using MATLAB for Warframe and Math threads (along with other things). However, since MATLAB costs a lot, I swapped to a free alternative: Octave. Reviews say that it is similar in operation and efficiency to MATLAB, and its code is also similar to MATLAB. 

So, once I get acquainted with Octave (a month or two), be prepared to see it coming up for future Warframe and Math threads!

hey i do have matlab and i do enjoy coding on it... (i once made codes to solve any problem given to us in a uni course). So what do u plan to have matlab do in relation to warframe?

He likes doing silly math, calculating bra sizes and the like. Who knows what he will do with the added power.

That seems like cheating.

Everything's free to the end user with Octave. MATLAB requires payment to use the full software, and from its own help desk/forums, it also seems to require payment for major updates. I am not going to shell out that much money for a (admittedly excellent) program. 

Consider Octave as MATLAB's identical twin. Everything looks the same, codes the same, executes the same for all practical purposes, apart from computing time, in which MATLAB seems to win in that part. However, Octave is slightly laxer on coding, which might go both ways. 

Everything's free to the end user with Octave. MATLAB requires payment to use the full software, and from its own help desk/forums, it also seems to require payment for major updates. I am not going to shell out that much money for a (admittedly excellent) program. 

Consider Octave as MATLAB's identical twin. Everything looks the same, codes the same, executes the same for all practical purposes, apart from computing time, in which MATLAB seems to win in that part. However, Octave is slightly laxer on coding, which might go both ways. 

Fraternal twins then when a parent really wanted identicals.