Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is The Year Of Quality?!

Stone772

yeah well, ranting =overcaring too much. You know ,like RE fanboys and their " this is not the survival horror we keep asking for" when capcom knows that action shooter = more sells. This is similar. DE want us to have fun, get everything for free (except cosmetics) but you have to survive a grindfest. Making the AI better for an MMO is not that easy. Have you seen wow? enemies are mindless damage sponges.

Have not played WoW, always stayed away from it, but I bet you're right lol.

And I admit, I care too much lol. Because I love Warframe want to have fun with the game but the combat needs some love and it's not getting any. The new enemies are a step up but that does nothing for 95% of the other enemies coming at you walking half the time. 

I'd LOVE the grindfest in Warframe is the combat was how it could be. And I know and agree it's not easy, but if I was working at DE and this was the year of quality, I'd focus on giving the game more replayability and immersion. But they have their plans. And there's nothing we can do if they avert their eyes from the forums.

The game is boring. The early grind is tedious. Players either drop out then, or are impulse buyers who buy a bunch of plat to forge ahead faster. Then they get bored by how repetitive the combat is, and leave. They amassed a huge amount of capital from Steam, because most regular Steam users will buy anything the moment it's on sale, simply because it's on sale. "I might as well get this before it gets more expensive in case I wanna play it later."  I'm not that way, but the memes about this have been out for a long time. 

The Steam numbers don't = active players. A Steam is smothered by impulse buyers. That's why their numbers look high.

"Steam people buy things on sale just because it's on sale" is an argument that goes against Warframe. I don't know if you noticed, but it's free, so it's never on sale.

There is, in general, no "impulse buyers" who buy Warframe. I really don't know what you're going on about.

Also, I was referring to active players. This page http://steamcharts.com/app/230410 lets you track the average connections. Currently there are in average 22000 people playing Warframe at any given time of the day. If you check the past, you'll note that it's an increase of 50% by September 2014.

So no, that number is the representative ultimate number. Warframe's playerbase is solid and steady.

Have not played WoW, always stayed away from it, but I bet you're right lol.

And I admit, I care too much lol. Because I love Warframe want to have fun with the game but the combat needs some love and it's not getting any. The new enemies are a step up but that does nothing for 95% of the other enemies coming at you walking half the time. 

I'd LOVE the grindfest in Warframe is the combat was how it could be. And I know and agree it's not easy, but if I was working at DE and this was the year of quality, I'd focus on giving the game more replayability and immersion. But they have their plans. And there's nothing we can do if they avert their eyes from the forums.

wow,as warframe ,as ANY mmo these days is a MASSIVE and ENDLESS grindfest.

1) new update with a new level cap from 80 to 85.

2) Level up your favorite avatar.

3)Go to level 85 easy dungeos to get decent gear

4) Get enough conclave rating (forgot the name of the stat in wow) to be able to enter a level 85 raid

5) do the raid 100 times in heroic (aka wow's nightmare mode) unless you are rng's lost son .

6)congratulations, you have the best PVE gear. what to do now?

7)Easy, go to pvp to kick some &#!.......oh wait pve gear is not so good in PVP, you need to farm for PVP gear .

8)A lot of farming later with randoms. You have decent PVP but not the best.

9) Now you need a group of friends to do arenas and get the best pvp gear

10) congratulations you have the best PVE and PVP gear in the name. What to do now? well ,you can keep kicking some &#! in pvp or help people to get the same gear you have in PVE.

11)New update with new raids and new level cap from 85 to level 90 comes out.

12)repeat from 2 to 10.

Same goes for warframe, you wait for new weapons to access new mastery rank levels and you wait for new prime/event/baro gear to replace the regular version of those frames/sentinels/weapons /kubrow (soon TM according to ps4 leak).

Yes, DE reads feedback. No, they don't reply to all of it. No, they don't implement all of it. Yes, they do in fact take it into account.

Regarding "The solutions are here" bit, no. No they're not. Opinions are here. Subjective ideas are here. Feedback is criticism based on a user's opinion, and everyone has a different opinion. One user, such as yourself, might feel as though there is something that needs to be changed with the game (hence the "the solution is here" rant), while another user may feel as though that same thing doesn't need to be changed (there is nothing to "solve" to begin with).

If you want to throw around "Year of Quality", please try to take into account all of the things that were added or changed over the past 3/4ths of the year and not just the specific things you want to see changed.

That said, this thread isn't offering any actual feedback about the game, and it's a rant (ranting is not constructive, also refer to rule 2 of the forum rules), so I'm going to go ahead and lock this down.