The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra: Who Are It's Creators?

LilHypezKiid

So as we know Umbra gear is supposed to be coming to the global build (however it may be a long time, who knows) and with this announcement I was struck with a question:

Who are it founders?

We know that the Orokin founded the prime gear and mass produced the stock frames and gear. The Tenno have Wraith, Vandal and Dex gear. From this information, I would assume that Umbra is of Tenno origin or perhaps variants of stock gear/prime gear.

This is just speculation so I would like to get your takes on this subject, as I find it quite interesting because if Umbra gear is of Tenno origin, it could add so much to the lore of the game and open up even more avenues for theories and speculation.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: corrected mistake about wraith, vandal and dex

Edited by LilHypezKiid

First of all the wraith gear, dex gear and vandal gear are all tenno they are modified versions of Tenno. Second of all: "Who are their founders". Lastly it could be a different prome variant. As if the void would have created two models for each frame...

Oh I did not know that about the wraith, dex and vandal, thank you for the correction.

as of the Prime variant, it could be a possibilty as it did look quite golden and the orikin seem to have a gold fetish.

Edited by LilHypezKiid

So as we know Umbra gear is supposed to be coming to the global build (however it may be a long time, who knows) and with this announcement I was struck with a question:

Who are it founders?

We know that the Orokin founded the prime gear and mass produced the stock frames and gear. The Tenno have Wraith, Vandal and Dex gear. From this information, I would assume that Umbra is of Tenno origin or perhaps variants of stock gear/prime gear.

This is just speculation so I would like to get your takes on this subject, as I find it quite interesting because if Umbra gear is of Tenno origin, it could add so much to the lore of the game and open up even more avenues for theories and speculation.

Thank you for your time.

It's a Prime. Made by the Orokin. The international build just isn't going with the Prime part of the name, but make no mistake, it is a Prime frame.

Maybe the tech is slightly corrupted but for the better. Like leaving something out and it gathers dust or rusts. Still not sure how the suits are truly made out of, but if we go with the technocyte examples then maybe these were just left unattended with the virus left unchecked for a bit but not over the top.

I think the Umbra's are still Orokin-made, just a different take on their designs and purposes. The Primes were the soldiers and forward assault groups, the Umbras were assassin, infiltrators, and spies.

But until we get some hard details on them it's all just guesswork.

I'm going with them being the Tenno equivalent of WH40k Dreadnaughts - Tenno who nearly died in the line of duty.  The frame, instead of being there to enhance their powers, is also essentially a power-armor life support system, probably with built in AI and the like to allow the near-dead tenno to continue.

They are no longer Tenno, not exactly, more like Tenno ghosts.  Shadows.

I'm going with them being the Tenno equivalent of WH40k Dreadnaughts - Tenno who nearly died in the line of duty.  The frame, instead of being there to enhance their powers, is also essentially a power-armor life support system, probably with built in AI and the like to allow the near-dead tenno to continue.

They are no longer Tenno, not exactly, more like Tenno ghosts.

Ooooooooooooooo, very nice!

Who are it founders?

Thank you for your time.

The Umbra gear was a copy of Prime gear made by the Sentients!

They copied their technology and their design to use it against them.

So the Umbra gear is made by the Sentients AKA the Chinese.

The Chinese version of Warframe is not under DE Dev's  but Changyou... they have their own Lore...etc to appeal to the Chinese community! So a collaboration between DE and Changyou.... is it from Canada? ...NO....

The only thing Changyou does is market the game, and that includes determining exclusivity. They aren't creating assets or dealing with stats. So while they collaborate to determine what is available in which market and when, DE is the one creating everything. Understand that ChangYou is a publisher, not a developer. As such, they dont create any content, and certainly aren't making lore.

i think the

stalker

has created the umbra frames - even the

stalker

himself is using one

Stalker's frame is literally an Excalibur with a custom helmet. He is not using an Umbra.

Edited by AntoineFlemming