Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker And General Gameplay Should Be Harder

gavdl13

Let me start by saying that if i writte something wrong my native language is not english...

I think the stalker is to easy, they make him seem like the big deal but he is not, i think it should be a real challenge to be able to beat him.

Also the general gameplay when you reach certain level it becomes easier not challenging, specially when you are playing with 3 other frames, so make new high level maps or boost the monsters a bit.

Dont get me wrong i really like this game... just saying that it should become a lilttle more challenging...

I agree, I want more enemies that sneak and backstab you and try to melee you consistently when you're close to them. There needs to be a melee blocking mechanic for both tenno and enemies too. Then maybe we could get a Pressure Point buff.

Lore wise I'm sure the Stalker's a big deal. 
But imagine if they made him tanky, and every time you saw his icon pop up you knew you were going to spend a revive. 

I think it's better this way. 

And whether something is challenging is very subjective. Some people say some things are hard, some people say some things are easy. 

Which is why I believe the devs have talked about an eventual implementation of selectable difficulty levels. 

What needs to be changed are his mechanics, not necessarily his difficulty. At the moment he just runs straight at you and tries to shoot at you or hit you. That is easly countered by some skills or bigger guns than he has. On the other hand facing him undergeared without skills that counter him is pretty much impossible, he will just straight out kill you in a couple of seconds.

What I'd like to see is if they made him more of a challenge, when it actually comes to fighting him. He should have some unique interesting abilitys that require dodging or other certain reactions to stay alive, that would make fighting him much more fun and interesting.

Edited by Schokoladenonkel

lol, i found the stalker hard. Beat the first boss, switched to my level 3 frame and did a mission with a friend. Stalker appeared, level 30 ish, and killed me in 2 hits XD .

He should maybe scale with the targeted frames level.

If you want a harder game, try stealth at the moment >.<

But i see where you are coming from. once your weapons are properly modded, and you develop your tactics a bit, the game is easy in most places.

put in ~60 hours since i reset, can almost solo pluto.

I think once they finish stealth the game is probably going to be harder, specifically to just go in guns blazin'.

But i see where you are coming from. once your weapons are properly modded, and you develop your tactics a bit, the game is easy in most places.

I think once they finish stealth the game is probably going to be harder, specifically to just go in guns blazin'.

60 hours is quite a long time. That's about the same amount of time it took me to make 3 warframes excluding waiting time.

But imagine if they made him tanky, and every time you saw his icon pop up you knew you were going to spend a revive. 

And whether something is challenging is very subjective. Some people say some things are hard, some people say some things are easy. 

Which is why I believe the devs have talked about an eventual implementation of selectable difficulty levels. 

Well i have beaten him twice and i didnt get anything at all... so i dont understand why they put it like such a big deal...

What needs to be changed are his mechanics, not necessarily his difficulty. At the moment he just runs straight at you and tries to shoot at you or hit you. That is easly countered by some skills or bigger guns than he has. On the other hand facing him undergeared without skills that counter him is pretty much impossible, he will just straight out kill you in a couple of seconds.

What I'd like to see is if they made him more of a challenge, when it actually comes to fighting him. He should have some unique interesting abilitys that require dodging or other certain reactions to stay alive, that would would make fighting him much more fun and interesting.

I agree, I want more enemies that sneak and backstab you and try to melee you consistently when you're close to them. There needs to be a melee blocking mechanic for both tenno and enemies too. Then maybe we could get a Pressure Point buff.

I agree with both ideas, i mean anything that makes the game a lil bit harder would be nice...

lol, i found the stalker hard. Beat the first boss, switched to my level 3 frame and did a mission with a friend. Stalker appeared, level 30 ish, and killed me in 2 hits XD .

He should maybe scale with the targeted frames level.

Thats an idea too, that the stalker level of difficulty depends on the frames that are on the game.

It should be hard either you go gun blazing or stealth, not just for one play style. in my opinion...

It should be hard either you go gun blazing or stealth, not just for one play style. in my opinion...

He was making a joke about how stealth is so underdeveloped and only difficult because of these barebones mechanics.

Also, 'MOAR DIFFICULTY' threads are pointless now, Devs are -hoping- to implement a slider to adjust difficulty so people can slow down their farming process or something. Whatever it is you people want out of more difficulty.(Higher difficulty level will just be hiding behind cover more, and using up more ammo on junk mobs.)

To make this game more challenging you already have all the tools you need. Simply take off your redirect, vitality and steel fiber, then go to Pluto. You will probably find at least the challenge you have been looking for. Point is in this game you have the ability to make yourself more powerful, which means you can downgrade yourself as well. There is no need to make the game itself more difficult, you can do it all by yourself. More specifically drop vitality and make room for a different mod like flow or streamline. Then you make yourself more powerful and at the same time make the game less forgiving, hence more challenging.

Let me start by saying that if i writte something wrong my native language is not english...

I think the stalker is to easy, they make him seem like the big deal but he is not, i think it should be a real challenge to be able to beat him.

Also the general gameplay when you reach certain level it becomes easier not challenging, specially when you are playing with 3 other frames, so make new high level maps or boost the monsters a bit.

Dont get me wrong i really like this game... just saying that it should become a lilttle more challenging...

Speak for yourself.

You're obviously a heavily-modded player with lots of weapons and frames up.

I ran into a Stalker not too long ago while doing Mars (12-18 area IIRC). I had weapons equipped with Leveling in mind (Paris 18, Bronco 10, Glaive 12) and Stalker spawned.

I'm missing some of the rare mods (yeah okay quite a few of them) and there was no way I was going to handle a Lv45 Stalker who was able to chew through my shields in 4 seconds, Iron Skin in about 4 seconds and then killed me 3 seconds later.

Stalker really should be of a comparable level to the rest of the mobs in the area, IMO. It is stupid to run smack into a Lv45 mob in a Lv12-18 Area, esp if you're trying to level weapons up. Pretty much guaranteed Revive use.

I'm not so sure. 

Problem is that Stalker can show up at ANY time which could screw you over terribly or be easy as cream pie with a cherry on top of it in certain cases.

If you make him too difficult this would screw over newbies, high level defense missions and high level missions when doing solo runs!

Example.

I was doing a infested defense mission with some random people who evidently decided to leave at wave 10 after declining the reward for that wave!

So i was pretty much stuck soloing till wave 15.

Then at wave 12 stalker showed up. That posed quite a challenge since i had to defend the pod from tons of infested whilst dealing with the stalker while trying to survive.

So i managed to beat him and he dropped Despair! I was amazed and scared to death of losing the mission! i could't ask anyone for help because of the "objective completed nonsense" ( i know why that feature is there just was really furious about it at the time xD)

So i managed to survive and get to wave 15 and claim my awesome reward, it felt like heaven, shame rank up tests are not as fun!

But anyways point is that in that situation if stalker was really tough then i'd obviously fail the mission.

You can't really make stalker that difficult cause you have to consider that there are possibly other enemies and objectives at that time when stalker randomly decides to show up!

Edited by ZWarhammer

To make this game more challenging you already have all the tools you need. Simply take off your redirect, vitality and steel fiber, then go to Pluto. You will probably find at least the challenge you have been looking for. Point is in this game you have the ability to make yourself more powerful, which means you can downgrade yourself as well. There is no need to make the game itself more difficult, you can do it all by yourself. More specifically drop vitality and make room for a different mod like flow or streamline. Then you make yourself more powerful and at the same time make the game less forgiving, hence more challenging.

Yep, tried it and died horribly until my tactics evolved.

Far less forgiving (although all pretty much dependant on the frame you use)

Dunno if anybody has suggested this...

But what if the Stalker spawned with the same basic class/stats as his target?

Not only would this be creepy as hell (the idea that he basically mimics his prey) but if you're fighting something with the same set of skills and similar damage potential as you, it'd be challenging, without being stupidly hard when you're low level/undergeared.

He needs to scale against the team. A 1 v 1 on the Stalker should be scary but as it stands he is easy to kite while your buddies gun him down.

Dunno if anybody has suggested this...

But what if the Stalker spawned with the same basic class/stats as his target?

Not only would this be creepy as hell (the idea that he basically mimics his prey) but if you're fighting something with the same set of skills and similar damage potential as you, it'd be challenging, without being stupidly hard when you're low level/undergeared.

Thats a nice idea, but maybe for another monster a new one, because the stalker has his own powers an abilities already.

The stalker could spawned with a similar lvl to the players that are in that game so it would be proportional for everyboby. of course the stalker will have a higher lvl but proportional to the players he is going to go against. so its fair for everybody and also more difficult.