Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok So Low Mr Players Are Becoming Rude? Why?

Well, I first started to play this game at Update 10~ish.

I never ever gave flying fuc* about MR. I just wanted to be MR6 so I can wield a soma (which was pretty much one of the best weapons at this time). Everything else was just from frames that I eventually managed to farm and play (and again, only those I actually wanted to play. not for collection or MR reasons).

I am still MR 9 now and really hate the fact that I have to get to MR12 now, playing weapons and frames I couldn't care less about, just so I can get my hands on one or two syndicate primaries. Please DE, for fuc*s sake, don't let this forced MR thing become a trend.

So, the reason why a low MR player might hate high MR players is simple: there are many players that actually and genuinely believe, that a high MR equals more skill / better gear / better mods or what ever. So they bash on low MRs and won't even take them seriously. And there are A LOT of those scum bags around in this game. As a matter of fact, the very most $&*^s and trolls I had the displeasure to meet in this game were MR14+.

But yes, when the other guy was being an &#! and didn't know jack about team play, he pretty much deserved that.

I am a MR20 now and I can honestly say that Newer players are reflecting back what veteran players show them. In my opinion I believe that some higher level players are rude to a lot of new players. Especially in trade and recruiting chat. However I will say it's annoying when a MR5 questions my behavior in game.

Keep in mind sometimes they are just trying to be helpful in some cases. A misunderstanding so to speak.

Its gotten worse lately due to the MR12 syndicate guns.

The disrespect i have receeved for doing nothing but using my Racta Cerinos thats aparently a noob bow because it hits so hard is descracefull and to be honest makes me wish I as a founder could kick people out of my matches because i dont want people like that around me.

Though I play EVE Online and we see the same thing there. They see us. The people who have been playing much longer and they think its not possable to compete with or catch up to us so they lash out at us for no good reason.

MR14 here....for all it matters in this discussion.

since when is a bow a noob weapon 0_o....

Again this Mastery Rank bullS#&$?

Seriously guys

I only leveled my Mr to get more loadout slots and repu points

repu points for me lol

That's why i play solo

But im a people person and i love meeting new people and have them become friends and argue about why carrier sucks lol no seriously solo gets old doesn't it?

I never ever gave flying fuc* about MR. I just wanted to be MR6 so I can wield a soma (which was pretty much one of the best weapons at this time). Everything else was just from frames that I eventually managed to farm and play (and again, only those I actually wanted to play. not for collection or MR reasons).

I am still MR 9 now and really hate the fact that I have to get to MR12 now, playing weapons and frames I couldn't care less about, just so I can get my hands on one or two syndicate primaries. Please DE, for fuc*s sake, don't let this forced MR thing become a trend.

So, the reason why a low MR player might hate high MR players is simple: there are many players that actually and genuinely believe, that a high MR equals more skill / better gear / better mods or what ever. So they bash on low MRs and won't even take them seriously. And there are A LOT of those scum bags around in this game. As a matter of fact, the very most $&*^s and trolls I had the displeasure to meet in this game were MR14+.

But yes, when the other guy was being an ! and didn't know jack about team play, he pretty much deserved that.

Thats what i was thinking is there a rise of high MR bullies or something sure this has happened only twice in the year i been playing but im hoping its one of those very few situations.

MR8 isn't particularly low. I think it took me the better part of a year to hit MR8, but I never did care much about MR aside from weapon gating.

Also, with the foolishness of affinity-farms, you will see people with very high MR that really have little clue of what they are doing or why. They just know if they queue up for Draco with a 'frame the farm-lemmings consider acceptable they'll get carried to wherever it is they think they want to go. Outside of that environment, they don't fare so well, which you'll see lots of anytime there's an event or TA.

As for the OP, well, can barely read it, but it comes down to if you play a lot, you'll run into a variety of bad actors. You just ignore them and drive on. I've run into plenty of lowish MR folks in the inner planets when re-leveling freshly forma'd gear and warframes that functioned quite well and were a pleasure to play with.

OK so this is what a happened a MR 8 joined our game. it was mr8 as a mesa, me as a nova then a loki disarm and a frost. ok so we were just doing a t3 to level up items in survival so we all took what we love playing and we got some random which was the mr8. ok so about half way into 20 mins the mr 8 player ill call him johnny started talking smack in the squad chat saying rude things like I got more kills than all you high MR and i got more skill than all of you you scrubs and so on and so on. so  me and my friends were like.......ok at 30 mins we all know her damage falls off so we got near johnny but didn't shoot anything stopped priming and disarming and no globes and waited for the enemies to swarm and left the area he then died and we just stood on top of his body lol and watched him die lol but whats with all the high MR hate all of a sudden?

MR 8 is low...... I'm only ten.....

That actually doesn't sound like a low MR issue as much as a d-bag issue. The fact that the two incidents you happened to have since your time playing included low MR players just seems coincidental at best. I play in PUBs A LOT. Two fold for this. First, I am in a small clan and can't be on all the time with my buddies. Second, just about any PUB squad I have played in is better than running things solo for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I like to play solo sometimes because, well, you just can't get people to understand you want to just hunt around and not blow through missions or they blow up the Kubrow nest before milking all of the Kubrows from it to try and up your egg chances. LOL 

It just sounds like someone who's mouth was bigger than his skill set. It's easy to talk smack when you have a Mesa, can stay in a bubble, and have a squad to take out Nulifiers and Eximus targets while you one shot everything else. Your squad did the right thing in letting the bubble drop and seeing if he could fend for himself. When he could not and his attitude did not change, letting him die was the next logical step. Not sure you needed the squad standing around him, but hey, it probably got the message across even if he didn't take it to heart. 

For the most part however, I think most players in this game are truly fun to play with. I have had PUB squads stay together and work very well for several missions. And sometimes one or more of us bail because we do other things or just want to try a new mix. It's really about the player and not the MR (MR 16 btw and only working towards higher because everything else is done LOL). It's all in how you handle yourself in game. I'll be the first to admit to doing something I feel is dumb like blowing myself up with my Kulstar because I was too close to something. But no one ever criticized me for it, they revived me, and we kept on playing. And vice versa, if someone has been playing and doing their part, and they go down, I'll pick them up as well. I usually will only offer "criticism" if it is affecting the mission or squad. Like in a void defense where I was a Frost Prime and another Frost joined by invite of the player looking for help, the other Frost was popping bubbles up all around which made it difficult to shoot targets. I just typed into squad chat "too many bubbles, we can not shoot through effectively". He dropped the unnecessary ones and the game moved on. A little consideration, manners, and helpfulness goes a long way. 

since when is a bow a noob weapon 0_o....

Yea that was my thought.

But yes, when the other guy was being an ! and didn't know jack about team play, he pretty much deserved that.

The problem is the fact that MR has to mean something and that's why its like it is.

<clip>...whats with all the high MR hate all of a sudden?

As other's have mentioned it's always been here.

Part of it is just newer players lashing back at low MR discrimination which also exists. Like when you see someone advertising that they only want MR 16+ players for X Void mission/Raid. As if MR actually meant anything in relation to a players skill.

MR really means nothing other than X person has spent a lot of time or plat to level up a lot of items.

It's entirely possible for a MR 18 person to be just as bad as a MR 4 person. Also quite possible for a MR 4 person to be as good as a MR 18 person.

Also as you and others have noted. Not every low level hates high MR players and not all high MR players discriminate against low MR players. But when it happens, it's just sad.

At the end, be the bigger person and don't give them a reason to think they are right. Yes, it probably felt good to set it up so they would fail. But the point could have been done just as well to let them get downed and then revive them. And then just explain that it's a team game and it isn't all about the kills.

Regards,

SB

Edited by silent_buddha

Then you need to re read no where did i say ALL low mr are like this what i was trying to ask was where is all the hate coming from. like is it high mr fault like bullies and stuff.

Your tittle implies it, so yeah, you are generalizing.

I have yet to encounter someone like that though, whether low mr, mid mr or high mr.

Like it has been pointed out before, you should have revived the dude or something. You complain about him being rude to you then you just go and do the same...

As other's have mentioned it's always been here.

Part of it is just newer players lashing back at low MR discrimination which also exists. Like when you see someone advertising that they only want MR 16+ players for X Void mission/Raid. As if MR actually meant anything in relation to a players skill.

MR really means nothing other than X person has spent a lot of time or plat to level up a lot of items.

It's entirely possible for a MR 18 person to be just as bad as a MR 4 person. Also quite possible for a MR 4 person to be as good as a MR 18 person.

Also as you and others have noted. Not every low level hates high MR players and not all high MR players discriminate against low MR players. But when it happens, it's just sad.

At the end, be the bigger person and don't give them a reason to think they are right. Yes, it probably felt good to set it up so they would fail. But the point could have been done just as well to let them get downed and then revive them. And then just explain that it's a team game and it isn't all about the kills.

Regards,

SB

The one thing I use MR for is for recruiting people I know have the kit I need for example I know a 6 has access to the Soma and Soma P those are great guns but sometimes I need to step it up to 12 then I know they are likely to have one of the major syndicate primaries that hit like a truck and have the mods to max them.

Though there is still the skill issue I meet an MR19 yesterday and F*** me he was a scrub.

Not really mr related actually just this evening i came across an mr20 on draco pexing his bacon frame, i just said "hooo bacon frame" to break the ice ... no answer from him, the round goes on and he extract with his crew at the last second leaving me alone for the second one @_@ anyway no big deal since now the spawn adjust with the number of player but still the intend was here.

And what was not my surprise to have him whisp me when i was done all proud of himself thinking i failed :/

I was appaled by such a childish reaction and by the fact that a mr20 couldn't imagine a nova P taking on alone a wave in draco ^^ (that's so endgame after all... ;D)

Well all that crap to say that there are "rude" (that's the polite way to name them :p) people at any mr and as it might have already been stated the community is growing and sadly the world is not filled with humble/kind people^

Edited by Syln

Not really mr related actually just this evening i came across an mr20 on draco pexing his bacon frame, i just said "hooo bacon frame" to break the ice ... no answer from him, the round goes on and he extract with his crew at the last second leaving me alone for the second one @_@ anyway no big deal since now the spawn adjust with the number of player but still the intend was here.

And what was not my surprise to have him whisp me when i was done all proud of himself thinking i failed :/

I was appaled by such a childish reaction and by the fact that a mr20 couldn't imagine a nova P taking on alone a wave in draco ^^ (that's so endgame after all... ;D)

Well all that crap to say that there are "rude" (that's the polite way to name them :p) people at any mr and as it might have already been stated the community is growing and sadly the world is not filled with humble/kind people^

Yea Atlas is funny he has kind of ended up with him own nickname already "BACON FRAME!!!"

But yea to react like that to a joke is a bit stupid.

Its a shame we cant bring in an MR system for age/maturity :D

All i see here is an unreliable team.

The guy's attitude is obviously not something we like, but that doesn't mean we like having teammates who act against the team on purpose or that generalize that all players at that MR are like that.

Yes you showed him he wasn't all that good, good for you i guess.

What?

I guess what DiabolicalHamSandwich is trying to say is that most people in the forum relatively got the idea of the OP's situation (as, by OP's story, OP and rest of the team getting bad mouthed by some Mesa and the general consensus of the participants in this forum believe that Mesa is in the wrong here and yet you are one of outlier who sees that OP is at fault.

You may be right, you may be wrong but I'm gonna have to go with DiabolicalHamSandwich with this one as it is difficult to really judge the actual scenario of how OP and team really played unless you were there. From OP's description, you viewed it as a inefficient way of playing with such a team build (you one of those fixed play-style players?) but who knows? OP and team could also be keeping said "bubble up, speed-MP up and taking out nullies and ancients", doing all of those while still do something differently than what you are doing under those circumstances.

Edited by Pr1nce

If low MR rank players are being rude (this is totally generalising, cause ive played with amazing and nice low MR) is simply because of those MR elitist, these low MR players wanna obviously have fun so they look at the recruitment chat and all they see is:

-Hosting raid only MR15+

-Hosting T4D 20 waves only MR10+

Etc etc, so he clearly felt like the underdog of the situation, you should have been the better person and took your time to explain why MR means nothing. Oh well

Edited by (PS4)EvilFlowerChild

RACISM ON MR ! Im only MR6 but ill own every single one of you.. 

Wait....

I sound like that guy :O WHATS THIS ?

No for real, its only because some people only invite MR ranks, lets say 10+ for raid or T4, or whatever..
I find it a bit weird, its in every game i know but for real, what does lets say above rank MR3 even matter ? 
You played the game longer, but that doesnt say new kids on the block are bad.. You got to have a little faith in some people..
Thats why low ranks are feeling left out, and probably why he was talking shiz to you guys

I would recruit people on how they act and react, on this fact only you can see if people are decent or not..

Edited by R.A.W

recently (at least in SEA) no one really gave a crap about mr anymore. there might be a few of them out there, but seems like most people dont really mind or care if a noob joins something like a t4.

i gotta say though, warframe has the nicest community in-game (forums are...not so nice) compared to a cesspit like dota. in my 2 years of warframe ive only met 1 of the purest form of douchebaggery. maybe because its so easy to carry the team if lets say an objective failed we know we have ourselves to be blamed lol.

tldr: A******s are rare in game, if you met one just hit the ignore button and leave squad, tons of nice people out there.

Low MR players are most likely new to the game. They are unaware of things like how to mod properly, how to play properly, ect. One of the other things they are unaware of is that in order to play this game well, you need to read up on things, you need to use teamwork when needed, and overall this is a different community than other games they may be used to. Coming from other popular games that have on average "younger" players like WoW, CS:GO, CoD, among others has a distinct learning curve in that asking for help in games like that can leave you wide open for the kind of attitude that you have described. Games like that are highly competitive and the community acts completely different than Warframe's community.

I say younger players because alot of games are seeing younger and younger players as a majority of their newer player base. Obviously older individuals can/have come from the same games, with the same attitudes. It really is an instance of culture shock for these people to come from games like that to a more moderately competitive game. And alot of the younger people who are doing this lack in the social graces like the friend that you made in your post.

I used to think it would work if you taught them out and helped them, but more often than not when i see attitudes like this, I just put them on ignore and forget about them. As awful as that sounds, they will eventually learn if they are trying to get in groups, only to be met with being on ignore. It will make them think a bit more. Then again, it may not.

Edited by Findley563

I would recruit people on how they act and react, on this fact only you can see if people are decent or not..

I'm not sure this works out well other than in theory. If I invite you to a group, and you are a douchebag (and MR6), then I know better for next time since I cannot kick you out of the party. However, when the majority of MR6 players act in much the same manner, it very quickly leads to "MR10+ only" in recruiting to avoid this. Is it right or wrong? I can see both sides of the argument. And while there is nothing more irritating than multiple crap runs, there are newer players that just need some practice.

I'm not sure this works out well other than in theory. If I invite you to a group, and you are a douchebag (and MR6), then I know better for next time since I cannot kick you out of the party. However, when the majority of MR6 players act in much the same manner, it very quickly leads to "MR10+ only" in recruiting to avoid this. Is it right or wrong? I can see both sides of the argument. And while there is nothing more irritating than multiple crap runs, there are newer players that just need some practice.

True, but leaving out lower ranks because you had some bad experience is just crap, also it counts for high MR people also, they can have a big ego