Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum Hate (I Just Don't Get It)

PickleMonster21

I admit carrier is great but I've started growing less and less satisfied with it. It is nice for run and gun missions like capture, exterminate, deception but for others where you stay in the same area like mobile defense, defense, sometimes survival the hindrance has made it not worth it to me. Sucking up all the energy if channeling or an energy leech is nearby is heartbreaking. Seeing 20 energy orbs disappear in an instant then being out of energy 3 seconds later with no way to fill it has made me stop using carrier for the most part. Also it doing the same thing with ammo though not as dramatically as the wave of blue. Basically all I want from a companion nowadays is animal instinct so I can easily see mods and find syndicate medallions.

The one thing I don't get is why people are so in love with carrier that they waste revives to get it back. I've failed at least five missions due to people saying "don't revive want carrier" then jumping into the biggest pack of enemies they can find only to have us lose while they bleed out a mile away from the pod. Plus there have been numerous times where they go to get their carrier back only to not be able to get out of the pack of bombards, heavy gunners and nullifiers that crowded around their dying body  and end up losing all their revives because of it. This usually causes a chain reaction as people try to revive them only to get downed themselves causing them to lose revives too. All in the name of carrier.

That topic will probably make my day.

(Most player will hate me for that)

Taking vacuum sacrifice utilitie for..utilitie.

vacuum will help you to farm ressource but will make you more vulnerable in a big fight.

I talk about wasting the potential of healt/energy orb and amo drop.

weapon like spend 1 arrow at a time and recharge,Then vacuum take an amo pack boom 9 munition wasted same with energy you have energy siphon and have 2-3 point of energy befor being at you limit but vaccum took an energy orb you didn't saw.

Easy Solution:

for the people who wants Vaccum all the time in all frames give them that.

for the opeople who dosnt want vaccum give them an option to turn it or on off

for the people who wants that vaccum only affect the mods and cred or other drops give them the posibility to choose what will vaccum suck.

this way every ones hapy and QOL improvment done easly.

dont be selfish, there is always a way to make everyones happy 

Sorry if my previous comment make me looks selfish.

I was explaining the reason most people dislike vacuum using my reason why i don't use it.

For many player that fit their playstyle.

At the beginnin of my comment a said it sacrifice utility for utility.

By the way your idea is good.

i personally dont get the vacuum love.

i am mobile enough that i pick up my own drops. things arent 'out of the way' for me. Especially if its something i need/want.

However, im all for sentinels having a small innate vacuum range of say five meters and giving carrier a nice 50 meter suction.

Then everyone can be happy!

It might be the fact that I may have used the wrong word for the situation, but when I said optimum, I meant that a casual would want the weapon to work as intended and not have everything be equal but with different skins. If I play a game and use a sniper rifle, I expect it to act like one or close to what one would be. I do not expect it to have AOE explosion damage like an orgis or a penta. Likewise I would not expect Shade or Djinn or any of the companions to act like each other at all. If a casual uses Dread, they don't want it to act like a Soma. You don't run Valkyr and expect to Saryn nuke the room.

The closest that I can think of for you optimum are the players who try to make it where every weapon/frame/companion is viable in every situation, and that is not the case in Warframe. If every weapon had equal stats for everything, what would be the point of using anything else past the starter gear other than skins?

Look up the word viable and see if that is what you mean.

Everything should be viable; everything should not be optimum.  A sniper rifle should be optimum in assassination missions, but not in exterminates, just for example.

Really it's not difficult to give Vacuum to every companion and to give him something unique, like not at all.

Really it´s not that difficult to not camp and move, then you will pick up items automatically.

Vacuum is Carriers UNIQUE ability, get over it.

i personally dont get the vacuum love.

i am mobile enough that i pick up my own drops. things arent 'out of the way' for me. Especially if its something i need/want.

However, im all for sentinels having a small innate vacuum range of say five meters and giving carrier a nice 50 meter suction.

Then everyone can be happy!

So i would go without a sentinel.

I think the vacuum help alot when you rush for credit for mission like capture and extermination,

im 100% with vaccum being an universal ability to each companion or Warframe, its a must QOL change so DE please do it.

we can add an option to turn vaccum effect on or off, so everyone will be happy.

Agreed. I love wyrm P but just can't stop using carrier because of the utility... If wrym could use vacuum as a universal precept though...

It's pretty obvious that if you wanted to give all companions the vacuum ability, the way to differentiate Carriers would be that they actually carried (i.e. stored, for future use) things.  Like all those blues that you don't need because your energy bar is full, Carrier would store and dispense to you, or dispense some portion thereof back to you, at some reasonable (non-game-breaking) rate.

That would then make Carrier an uber luxury item for always having the buffs and power ups you need, but negate the convenience factor re. running around for pickups.

Another alternative would be to slow the pace of the game down, to the extent that there would be time to yomp around manually picking up pickups; but that would be horrible.

Personally, I don't care: if I want to use the Huras for a bit of invisibility I use it, if I want to use the Dethcube because I like the sound of Vaporize, I use it.  I don't use any of those options as often as I use Carrier (now Prime), but I still use them now and then, and I cope with the manual picking up (as I have to do anyway, in Void missions if I die sometimes and my Carrier dies too).

Hahaha. Says the guy whose insulting post was the reason I replied in the first place.

Hit a little too close to home? 

If you took it to be an insult then that is on you, but you should also know that an insult is not the same thing as an ad hominem fallacy.  An ad hominem fallacy happens when you attack someone, rather than the content of their message, in an attempt to discredit their message.

Saying, "you're dumb," is not an ad hominem.

Saying, "you're wrong because you're dumb," is an ad hominem fallacy.

See the difference?

I think you missed the point over all your arrogance. Leveling things DOES have something to do loot. Let me try and simplify it for your narrow mind.

-the rest-

Stopped aboutttt there since just going off this I knew nonsense was on the way. Although it might've been a good read? no idea but any who.

I missed no point at all, you brought up a bunch of hogwash to support why carrier is not needed. Because lvling? really? you could move a limited amount and lvl, you can go to Draco and stand in one spot (while other people do stuff) and lvl, you can ignore the majority of a lot of loot while lvling. Carrier isn't "needed" to lvl in the least so the fact you actually "tried" to use it as a "reason" is why I called it out. I missed no point because the point that you "tried" to make was hogwash. That's not arrogance, that's simply seeing crap when I see it. 

Stopped aboutttt there since just going off this I knew nonsense was on the way. Although it might've been a good read? no idea but any who.

I missed no point at all, you brought up a bunch of hogwash to support why carrier is not needed. Because lvling? really? you could move a limited amount and lvl, you can go to Draco and stand in one spot (while other people do stuff) and lvl, you can ignore the majority of a lot of loot while lvling. Carrier isn't "needed" to lvl in the least so the fact you actually "tried" to use it as a "reason" is why I called it out. I missed no point because the point that you "tried" to make was hogwash. That's not arrogance, that's simply seeing crap when I see it. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand if you had read the rest, then you'd know exactly what the two have in common.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand if you had read the rest, then you'd know exactly what the two have in common.

What you wrote afterwards is irrelevant because my response wasn't for that. But just for "the hell of it" I read it......andddd still nope? Adding stuff "later on" does not change what was said and responded to beforehand. What you claim as "arrogance" i have already clarified for you and the "narrow mind" part is hilarious (honestly just noticed it) considering you didn't notice the issue with what you had decided to post and get defensive about in the 1st place.

BUT! for a double dose of "the hell of it" I can even slowly point out to you the "crap" of both your earlier post and the one you thought would make it better as well since you obviously still don't see the issue. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but those that "try" to use those opinions as an "actual reason" when their "reasons" given are poor to begin with will be called out~

Also for the record I am not being (or trying to be) "sour, rude, mean, evil, etc, or hostile" just so it is known. I just point things out~

Well Ive read this and All i have yo say is no Vacuum is carriers golden egg his mona lisa such as stalk is huras golden egg this whole argument is based on the argument f carrier and make him useless no. Now if a say all the kubrows can use the huras stalk precept people freak out but carrier no no.

Being a frmer Grandmaster ive had collectively 3000 hourish played and carrier is my most used followed by the huras and prime varient of carrier and I understand that people say its so useful but its NOT necesary i run carrier because it makes the game more enjoyable for me but i also like my kubrow and understand the trade offs of each one. And to ve quite honest the warframe community is turning into a pile of ____ and its balancephobia and nerf mentality is astonishingly annoying when its a coop pve centered game theres no need for nerfs and this Vacuum proposition is a nerf same as multishot you want variation but you want to nuke maps and thats not the way it works (also dont bother responding cuz im just gonna ignore you)

Hit a little too close to home? 

If you took it to be an insult then that is on you, but you should also know that an insult is not the same thing as an ad hominem fallacy.  An ad hominem fallacy happens when you attack someone, rather than the content of their message, in an attempt to discredit their message.

Saying, "you're dumb," is not an ad hominem.

Saying, "you're wrong because you're dumb," is an ad hominem fallacy.

See the difference?

Nice try.  I said it was juvenile because of the "ur just jealous of othere people's gear" quality of your post.  You attempted to portray anyone who didn't need to use Vacuum as jealous petty folks who wanted to nerf Vacuum. So yeah, I pointed that out but you seem very upset that I outed you for your childish argument.

Nice try.  I said it was juvenile because of the "ur just jealous of othere people's gear" quality of your post.  You attempted to portray anyone who didn't need to use Vacuum as jealous petty folks who wanted to nerf Vacuum. So yeah, I pointed that out but you seem very upset that I outed you for your childish argument.

Whatever you say, buddy.

It's pretty obvious that if you wanted to give all companions the vacuum ability, the way to differentiate Carriers would be that they actually carried (i.e. stored, for future use) things.  Like all those blues that you don't need because your energy bar is full, Carrier would store and dispense to you, or dispense some portion thereof back to you, at some reasonable (non-game-breaking) rate.

My Carrier does this already, it's super annoying. If all Sentinels had vacuum, I would have to stop playing since DE can't seem to fix this.