The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Guys Think The Sonicor Is Going To Be Nerfed?

Flowen231

Well, basically, I hear nothing but good things about this gun, and I was planning to make it myself. But I've noticed that weapons like these tend to get some kind of nerf, and I've already decided to put 6 forma into it if I get it. I'm not sure if this is the right section to be posting about this, but I'd like to hear you guys' stories about this weapon, and if you think they will be changing it in the future.

It has good cc scaling so that makes it really good, but at the same time I would say it's very balanced. Not particularly high damage, not really any status (although it seems the aoe can status some?), and a long reload. I don't think a nerf is incoming. I think it's balanced as is. 

Its a fun weapon but its damage is not up to par with others. Here are its cons:

- long reload speed

- limited range

- pure impact ( worse damage type of the IPS)

- 0% status chance

- low crit chance

- travel time.

If it gets a nerf im going to scratch my head. Its fine as it is since its main use is crowd control. (pssss and its a very satisfying weapon)

Edit: Like Tesseract7777 said, its a pure cc weapon.

Edited by 321agemo

What if it's made for crowd control and debunking enemies instead than doing damage?

Wtf have people in their own heads? We got tons of weapons for doing damage, having something with just utility is sign of a good design direction.

The only thing it lacks is a secondary fire mode.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

It's an insanely fun weapon. I like tossing enemies about and pouncing them with melee. It's powerful when used well, but pure impact damage isn't that great. Then there's that useless polarity slot begging for a forma.

I was having fun tossing this guy around and doing finisher moves with the plasma sword. After the fifth time, I knocked him into the wall and he stayed down, but still alive (until the game timed him out a few minutes later).

warframe_staydown.jpg

Edit: Yes, I realize the Vazarin slot is useful for a blast build, but there's no status chance on this weapon either.

Edited by Centijo

Why would it be nerfed? If you ask me, it's a piece of junk.

Lol its great for the raid and any other high level enemies if you don't want to waste time killing them.

Sad they nerfed Hall of mirrors right before this. CC for days.

Edited by SweetSlaanesh

I've got four forma in my Sonicor so far, thinking about a fifth. It's an amazing tool, with limitations that balance it out.

As for what's going to happen to it - I expect they'll update the stats to reflect the actual status chance (no, it's quite obviously not 0%). I'm *hoping* they'll let us use Ruinous Extension on it. I'm not expecting any changes to base damage, though I suspect they'll tone down the AoE.

Best part about this weapon is that even though it has 0% status chance it procs a whole lot. Something to think about before you make it. It is gonna be looked at just don't know a buff or a nerf. Only time can tell.

Edited by SharkPot