Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embers Old Visual Effect For Accelerant

-Wolfe-

That PhysX tech demo is nice, but still a demo, physx effect like that never was in game and i think never will be

Actually, it was but the amount of particles was toned down.

We need it back. Just looks so much better. Sick of all these unoptional performance changes.

Yes it was removed supposedly although not verified because Warframe was spread to console releases and they did not want to alienate the consoles. Although if this were the case and I am not sure if it was but if that were the case then that would've made no sense since all games do that if they can and PC ports always looked the best compared to others.

Definitely there were things that were in this game and were awesome like the PhysX for example and they have been bringing some of the old and desired assets as well and I think that if possible then people who could run PhysX should definitely be allowed to have this option again. The game was so awesome when this was in the game, it made it so much greater experience to have. Just slap it as an option so people who can't run it, can still run the game as is wheres those that can ran it, can choose to toggle it on.

Am i missing something? I still have the option to use that in my display settings. I turn it one when im using my jatt kittag. 

One thing is having "PhysX" option in the Options menu. Another thing is having actual PhysX. I dont know the exact details of what happened, lets just say that .. the effects were nerfed to the ground. Maybe someone else can give you the details about this. 

Yes its been replaced with the pre-rendered particle systems. Ive heard rumors of DE maybe bringing it back but I dont really know what is planned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT6CHan8UlQ&feature=youtu.be&t=25

am I the only one that thinks that doesnt look realistic? I mean if we're gonna use physics simulation on GPU lets try and make it less over the top and more to reality. Ive seen physx used to be more realistic but the effects in warframe feel more like a demo using out of place and tons of particles, sure it looks nifty but is it "real"?

Am i missing something? I still have the option to use that in my display settings. I turn it one when im using my jatt kittag. 

most of the effects have been replaced with prerendered effects so there are still some there but not to the level they had been.

Edited by Echoa

am I the only one that thinks that doesnt look realistic? I mean if we're gonna use physics simulation on GPU lets try and make it less over the top and more to reality. Ive seen physx used to be more realistic but the effects in warframe feel more like a demo using out of place and tons of particles, sure it looks nifty but is it "real"?

I don't think realism is exactly the primary concern for Warframe. Battlefield or Arma sure, but when I don my magic battlesuit and cut up space marines with swords I want special effects out the whazoo.

I miss the old PhysX effects. Everything looked like the trailers which was a big draw for me initially. I don't mind them turning the particle count down a little (the glare off Ember's Fireblast was a bit much in that demo) but powers like Radial Blind and Stomp don't have the same piazzazz they used to. 

Edited by LordMelvin

Really don't think Warframe is the bastion of realism regardless...

That said, I don't think they were that over the top when we actually had physx but it was still distinct enought to be appreciated.

Yes its been replaced with the pre-rendered particle systems. Ive heard rumors of DE maybe bringing it back but I dont really know what is planned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT6CHan8UlQ&feature=youtu.be&t=25

Actually I think it's a bad idea, with what we have right now the screen is being "blocked" enough, those effect didn't serve a reasonable purpose and block a lot more of the actual view. Extra data usage and unnecessary effects are the last thing I would want in the game.

What are those sparks doing after Excalibur's RJ anyways? And blink my screen while casting it? Please if I cast a skill I want it to be helping me not serving as a flash bang to myself for my enemies.

However, I'm a well educated person and I understand all of the above are just my personal opinion which I can sure someone will quote me and say that's your opinion. So I think it should be an option for those who would want to actually activate the function for whatever purpose they want it activate for. But if the function comes with a monthly cost or any kind of subscription fee for DE, I will totally vote NO on it.

Edited by Guest