Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny Will Get Microtransactions

TheErebus.

They expect people to pay for emotes, who could be that ''into'' Destiny that they would spend money on that!?

Wait, what am I saying, I've bought animation sets for Warframes.

^

I'm not gonna do it for Destiny though. All I need for Destiny emotes is the sitting down gesture.

Edited by TheSpookyGhost

Their plan is, apparently, to add cosmetic microtransactions and move away from big DLC releases and add free content periodically instead. Sounds too good to be true, but I'll hold off the cynicism. 

If that's the case I may play destiny again.

It's stupid to pay £60 for a full game. and have £60 expansion packs that really should have been in the full game, the missions and gameplay on the base game is hardly worth the money.

I'd take what he said with a grain of salt, wait to see where they go with this

This is what everyone should do, really. Never very productive to slam things before they happen.

If The Taken King hadn't turned out as it did, I would instantly dismiss the very idea of what they're suggesting.

This is what everyone should do, really. Never very productive to slam things before they happen.

If The Taken King hadn't turned out as it did, I would instantly dismiss the very idea of what they're suggesting.

From what I heard Taken King was a miss for a few did it not change it up besides getting the locked sub classes and new way to level?

From what I heard Taken King was a miss for a few did it not change it up besides getting the locked sub classes and new way to level?

Heard from who? Because TTK was four times better than the original game and the DLCs. It had a coherent story, actual cutscenes, a well-made new area with a shedload of stuff to find, varied content and far more interesting gear, along with the overhauls of redundant and poorly-designed systems.

It was basically the single best thing that ever happened to what started off as a pile of crap. Whatever you're hearing from people, if they're saying the story was the same and the missions weren't vastly superior in terms of variety and design, they're probably lying and/or blinded by hate.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Heard from who? Because TTK was four times better than the original game and the DLCs. It had a coherent story, actual cutscenes, a well-made new area with a shedload of stuff to find, varied content and far more interesting gear, along with the overhauls of redundant and poorly-designed systems.

It was basically the single best thing that ever happened to what started off as a pile of crap. Whatever you're hearing from people, if they're saying the story was the same and the missions weren't vastly superior in terms of variety and design, they're probably lying and/or blinded by hate.

I think it's more of they ran out of patience with bungee for having taken this long to fix some of the core features of a game that's meant to last 10 years. I get what you're saying but a whole year to fix your leveling system and story seems a bit sloppy. (then again warframe is in the same boat) though the whole new subclasses that were taken out of the core game to be dlc may have been a higher up idea.

^

Take it from someone who absolutely despised Destiny on launch, Taken King improved it in a lot of ways. If Bungie keeps going this way, Destiny can become something great

I think it's more of they ran out of patience with bungee for having taken this long to fix some of the core features of a game that's meant to last 10 years. I get what you're saying but a whole year to fix your leveling system and story seems a bit sloppy. (then again warframe is in the same boat) though the whole new subclasses that were taken out of the core game to be dlc may have been a higher up idea.

This one game isn't a ten year game. The series spans ten years.

They also didn't take the subclasses out of the core game. More like they were never made in time. Honestly, that whole "everything in this dlc is cut content" thing has no basis for the most part.

Good thing though, because they're a lot better after a year of experience with six existing subclasses.

Why limit it to emotes only? Why not open up trading between players and buying gear - that would keep me interested? I want to buy as many shaders as I can. And not to mention gear and weapons I missed. I hope they have some decent dance emotes for female characters this time. Current ones are just pitiful.

I don't mind paying for DLC, its just seems too short on content.

I do have a confession. I said I will not buy the Taken King and R.I.P. Destiny. Well, I hahaha was curious what was new so I have to try it.

When I left, my characters were level 32 and played all content from Dark Below to House of Wolves. It just took me a day or so with Taken to level up to 40 two characters and breezed thru the campaigns. Its ridiculously easy. Easy to farm for motes of light and strange coins and received exotics and tons of legendary gear and weapons from drops.

The only satisfying thing is the shooting and melee controls and feel. Its just so good. In a week I'll probably be bored.

They already carved up the game for cash. It began before release.

Everything we've seen called an "expansion" was supposed to be in the game at launch, and it was ripped out to be sold a la carte.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. To me "the taken king" is destiny's beta. But I forsee these microtransactions as testing the waters for further cash grabbing.

Also the main reason it was so bad at launch was because they tossed away a campaign that was worked on for 3+ years and slapped one together in approximately 3-6 months. It could have been a lot better than it was, I still wonder why they did it, I wonder if they wrote themselves into a corner or something and decided to scrap it so they could put in more sequels in future.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. To me "the taken king" is destiny's beta. But I forsee these microtransactions as testing the waters for further cash grabbing.

Also the main reason it was so bad at launch was because they tossed away a campaign that was worked on for 3+ years and slapped one together in approximately 3-6 months. It could have been a lot better than it was, I still wonder why they did it, I wonder if they wrote themselves into a corner or something and decided to scrap it so they could put in more sequels in future.

My wording was poopy and there was no time to make it sound less disagreeable. NO TIME.

I feel like Destiny has been (if it wasn't always) turned into a cash grab that leverages the awesome power of the consumer's mind against him or her.

If you bought Destiny, you were tricked by people who knew exactly what they were doing in tricking you. The scam was designed to work on you, and you are not the bearer of any special shame for having been tricked.

It's really way too late for me to post a detailed analysis of how the whole thing worked, but it was basically an elaborate scheme to get people so invested that they would keep doubling down in hopes of finally feeling good about their choices. Those who retained the most enthusiasm for Destiny then became recruiters, serving to pull as many people back in as possible.

It was all a dang dirty trick. I was kinda hoping Chris Roberts wouldn't pull the exact same stunt, but it looks like he might have.

I'm holding out for a hero.

If you bought Destiny, you were tricked by people who knew exactly what they were doing in tricking you. The scam was designed to work on you, and you are not the bearer of any special shame for having been tricked.

I bought Destiny because I rented it for a dollar for one night and I enjoyed playing it.

I wasn't "tricked" by anyone.