Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My First Impressions On 17.5.2 [Pvp]

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

Who the f$!# are you talking to?

The op went on a huge rant due to vectis nerf once i joined game. When my post didn't even flat out say nerf vectis it was more so about removing the bullet jump mods. 

Also i been thinking a better way to balance this game instead of reducing frames mobility make it so weapons effect mobility.

Sniper rifles will decrease mobility but bring them back to original damage.

Buff angrstrum bring back kulstar to original stats but add a mobility restriction.

Rifles and Assualt rifles do not effect mobility The problem with this idea is when you factor in melee. I believe theres a way to flesh it out. I have not made a post yet since this idea is in the early stages.

Actually it can go deeper than that if ever weapon had some sorta impact on mobility based on the role it plays that would be a way to balance the game. The more i think of it the better it becomes.

Like heavy melee gives increased sprint speend but decreased bullet jump and jump speed.

Edited by BoyTitan

Who the f$!# are you talking to?

I was mocking the nerf mentality in the game to a tigris peep in the game. and omg my sides xD

Dude you have the maturity of a 12 year old. Due to your obnoxious rants in game today just going to flat deem this post as something that should be ignored.

I was mocking the nerfing mentality. I always do so with my friends. We join games with karaks and krakens for lolz, and always say "omg pls nerf ____". But yea i was suprised that this phased you that much, so um sorry?

Edited by Eureka.seveN

I was mocking the nerf mentality in the game to a tigris peep in the game. and omg my sides xD

Idk I remember you getting a kill on me with karak saying hey karak is op go qq post on forum about it. When i have been one of the karak defenders here.

Anyways vectis needed a nerf just not the nerf it got. The mobility of warframes should be left alone I will agree with you there.. And their hp a low hp tank is now long a tank now I just have a slower warframe rhino is slow enough it can get straffed into oblivion in gun fights at times.

Edited by BoyTitan

Idk I remember you getting a kill on me with karak saying hey karak is op go qq post on forum about it. When i have been one of the karak defenders here.

Anyways vectis needed a nerf just not the nerf it got. The mobility of iwarframes should be left alone. And their hp a low hp tank is now long a tank now I just have a slower warframe rhino is slow enough it can get straffed into oblivion in gun fights at times.

Yea, thats what I do for lolz... And no, i did not say anything to you, you must of misread It. I probably said something like "omg karak is op, gotta post" which is what I say often agmonst my friends in game.

Edited by Eureka.seveN

Lie. Many warframes have become faster then before. Now you actually have to choose who you want to play.

You say this as if there was no choice before. I dont see thes arguement on tankiness. As someone who avidly played light and heavy frames, i never had difficulty killing a tankier player in the previous build.

We had choice before, i saw loads of choice in those games, valks, ashes, nyxes, oberons, frosts, rhinos, excalis, mags and volts there were alot of players using various frames. This update does not give choice it restricts it even further, because warframe is a game where mobility will always be favoured.

Still think the weapon effecting movement thing is a great idea. That way 1 shot kill weapons for sniping will have disadvantages up close but don't get their damage gimped.

It does sound cool. I rather make weapons affect speeds than the warframes themselves. Personally warframes should be more cosmetic than anything if they want to make the game truly balanced.

Just want to say this PVP community is TINY! Three ppl in this thread meet in a game this afternoon. Tiny player pool! 

Nerfing tank frame's movement speed is at least a good way to help new players a bit. --Otherwise how can a MR0 Excal defeat a pro Frost Prime bullet jumping at supersonic speed and quickscoping with Vectis while air dodging? 

Just want to say this PVP community is TINY! Three ppl in this thread meet in a game this afternoon. Tiny player pool! 

Nerfing tank frame's movement speed is at least a good way to help new players a bit. --Otherwise how can a MR0 Excal defeat a pro Frost Prime bullet jumping at supersonic speed and quickscoping with Vectis while air dodging? 

you are correct, but the solution the the skill gap problem is not gimping movement, its making skillbased matchmaking.

You say this as if there was no choice before. I dont see thes arguement on tankiness. As someone who avidly played light and heavy frames, i never had difficulty killing a tankier player in the previous build.

We had choice before, i saw loads of choice in those games, valks, ashes, nyxes, oberons, frosts, rhinos, excalis, mags and volts there were alot of players using various frames. This update does not give choice it restricts it even further, because warframe is a game where mobility will always be favoured.

You sound like tanks are no longer viable but in reality they are as viable as they were before. However, before update there was no reason to play Loki or Banshee but now all variety of warframes have strength and weaknesses.

You sound like tanks are no longer viable but in reality they are as viable as they were before. However, before update there was no reason to play Loki or Banshee but now all variety of warframes have strength and weaknesses.

I think they were both viable. Considering that you can go invisible with loki and can stun and make targets recieve more damage with banshee's sonar. Personally the ttk for weak frames to heavier frames was not that much different. At least not to the point were we had to turn tanks into forklifts.

i like the changes to bullet speed. and i agree with Eureka. loki is so squishy but now he "can fly like a heavy zephyr". (stole that phrase from olivionic).

i spent a really long time playing as frost in conclave 1.0 and everybody told me he was terrible. he was slow. he was bad. blah blah blah. it never stopped me from being good with him even though i had a disadvantage in their eyes. now that im a bit slower as my favorite frost i just shrug my shoulders and carry on. valks and frosts dont need to have the best of both worlds. tank and mobility. the trick to being a good player is overcoming adversity and playing with what you love.

i like the changes to bullet speed. and i agree with Eureka. loki is so squishy but now he "can fly like a heavy zephyr". (stole that phrase from olivionic).

i spent a really long time playing as frost in conclave 1.0 and everybody told me he was terrible. he was slow. he was bad. blah blah blah. it never stopped me from being good with him even though i had a disadvantage in their eyes. now that im a bit slower as my favorite frost i just shrug my shoulders and carry on. valks and frosts dont need to have the best of both worlds. tank and mobility. the trick to being a good player is overcoming adversity and playing with what you love.

Yes truth. But when your bullet jump is 2m theres a problem :/ (for frosts)

to put it in perspective, dev had to nerf every frame´s power to the point where we almost lost the identity of each one, the latest days it was just a decision of which tank frame should one play, now they have a new option to outline each frame´s role

frost is a defensive frame, and deserves moving slow because of that, his entire kit and stats are ok to shape a defensive frame, im not sure if 0.64 is ok, maybe it deserves more bjump, because hes not supposed to move on par with others but also most of the maps were designed before the creation of bullet jump/removal of copter, the new maps are completely fine for 0.64, the environment events are almost always into frost´s reach

he can also slow down enemies, but guess what, his slow became garbage after like 5 nerfs, now de has to actually improve his slow´s duration, or something like that

i agree with frost, chroma, oberon, and rhino being slow, by example, but i dont agree with how they nerfed ash´s and valkyr´s bjump in parallel with their EHP, they should consider keeping those two faster, almost like excal who has 0.9, the roles of these frames imply being good chasers imo

Edited by rockscl

Why should I have to forcefully pick a roster of frames that I do not like so I can move faster.

As for your bow argument. I have been smashed by daikyu users while using my vectis, I get evenly matched by someone with a Paris prime. There is no gap between bows and snipers. Snipers put you at a disadvantage when close, bows do not. Snipers excellent in long ranges bows not so much as they require more finesse and skill. Now sniping is a cringe fest it feels like an ordeal to kill one guy.

1) Because some frames are obviously heavier than others; having more EHP.  For a good while, plenty of people were wondering why a Frost can move as fast as a Loki.  If tanks get lesser EHP, and every frame gets the same speed, it makes it such that there are no 'tanks' or 'scouts'.  The only difference becomes that different frames will have different powers and passives.  All the frames would pretty much be as fragile as the other.  The question, then, is whether that is what the players want, and whether the devs want PvP to be like that.

2) That's the problem with bows vs snipers: there wasn't much gap between them.  A projectile-based weapon vs hitscan.  And people get over the damage/range disadvantage of snipers by learning to quick scope.

----

Honestly, I do see the problem with how the game is more grounded.  It feels more like Loki kept the original mobility, and everything else got nerfed.  When a frame can sprint faster than it bullet jumps, it's pretty weird.

I still think there should be a difference in bullet jump speeds per frame, but I think it should have been more based on the frames' sprint speeds rather than EHP.  In the least, each frame's sprint speed was fairly reflective of their armor rating.

Thats one of the things they can do, they could of done litterally anything but what they did in this update. This update killed conclave. You cant avoid AOE casts with good reflexes, you cant be mobile anymore even with a lighter frame. I was playing around with a few frames and when i tried to bullet jump it was a joke. Even on lighter frames I felt like a rock.

Now frames with higher speeds will be favoured, because warframe is centric on mobility so baiscally it turned the game insideout. 

I played today with Rhino and did pretty good as usual.. This update didn't ruin Conclave it made it better.

Sadly, I'll have to agree with this. I would love to say "Suck it up and adapt", but the game just doesn't feel right since jump nerf. It might be more balanced, but it's less fun.

I'm not fundamentally against this change, but the difference in jump values is too damn high. In my opinion it shouldn't go below 0.90 (current Excalibur), even for fattest frames. Bullet jump should still be usable and not crippling. Frost P with his 0.64 is pretty much grounded.

Edited by oinkah

That can't be as the normal bullet jump is give or take 5-6 meters from what I can see. Frames like atlas only go two, the difference is night and day.

I roll+bullet jump, somehow I still move at alright speed. 

Also with the slower speed I don't accidentally overshoot and miss my intended landing point (e.g. energy/HP orbs).