Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Sentient's Arrival, Would You Get Some Aid From Your Ally?

satsujinki01

While I looked up on Warframe Wiki and noticed a poll and it is about about Sentient's arrival and it says that you may be able to get some aid from your ally. I was quite...surprise when we may need some help from syndicate, Grineer or Corpus to fight against Sentient. (Don't get me wrong because Grineer viewed them as Liberator and Corpu's view, I don't know about their view as I know Corpus's view against Tenno.)

Here is what I say, I don't need some help from my ally to fight against Sentient, because I'm kinda like lone wolf with no clan.

So what are your thoughts? Would you need some help from them to fight against Sentients?

Corpus would probably be next to useless with their high reliance on technology that we KNOW the Sentients can subvert. Or worse, any of their robotics would be subverted as soon as they appear and you have to fight them too.

Grineer? Harder to say. They MIGHT just fight for the Sentient.

Depends if they're really strong or if DE is just hyping them up, if its true that they adapt to the damage type of your weapon, then maybe, i'd put a squad together with everyone having a different type of elemental damage equipped. Would be fun if they actually do so and they'd be a good faction to fight against.

corrosive blast and magnetic valketeers new meta incoming

I don't know, Tyl Regor views the Sentients as their liberators.. so it's likely that Regor will be their pawns. Though I could very well see the Twin Kweens going against the Sentients, as we know that they've lived to see the discord the Sentients had brought.

For Corpus, as stated, will get their robots diggity-boo.

Infested...uh. I can visualise where we possibly communicate Lephantis/Alad V, and uh, perhaps guide an Infested ship to slam into a Sentient-worm-ship.

Clem and Darvo are all the help i would need

Yep, Clem is very helpful than others. 

Infested...uh. I can visualise where we possibly communicate Lephantis/Alad V, and uh, perhaps guide an Infested ship to slam into a Sentient-worm-ship.

I don't think Infested would help with this. Except Rotten Salad V. 

I don't know, Tyl Regor views the Sentients as their liberators.. so it's likely that Regor will be their pawns. Though I could very well see the Twin Kweens going against the Sentients, as we know that they've lived to see the discord the Sentients had brought.

For Corpus, as stated, will get their robots diggity-boo.

Well, Regor's dead now... so...

But the thing is that first-and-foremost the Grineer are loyal to the Queens, and the Queens wont very well take kindly to the Sentients - if only because the Sentients wont take kindly to them because of their Orokin Origins - so there's no alliance to be had there. If the Queens say march, all but those Grineer who want to die wont march.

As for the Infestation: it's going to try and eat everyone like it always does.

Well, Regor's dead now... so...

Hang on, what? Since when? He's no deader than Alad V, or any other boss we can fight. He may well be dead, but that doesn't stop him from appearing again. It just means that we kill him after all of his appearances. Warframe chronology is weird like that.

In other words, just because we killed him doesn't mean he's dead. Not yet, at least.

Hang on, what? Since when? He's no deader than Alad V, or any other boss we can fight. He may well be dead, but that doesn't stop him from appearing again. It just means that we kill him after all of his appearances. Warframe chronology is weird like that.

In other words, just because we killed him doesn't mean he's dead. Not yet, at least.

Aye, fair enough, but chronologically he most likely can't show up for the Sentients since the quest heavily implies the Tenno want to gun him down right after all of that came to a close - at which point he DOES die.

Edited by Morec0

More like Uncle Hek escaped from his death and ran away to hide from Tenno. Remember, Old Vor died once this before and became, corrupted Vor and he was kicked out from Grineer army. With almost every old bosses were expect to get some rework due this year. Natah quest was finished and yet, we did killed Regor to make sure he is dead. Remember what he found Exilus Adaptor? It doesn't make him power, just like old Vor did. 

Aye, fair enough, but chronologically he most likely can't show up for the Sentients since the quest heavily implies the Tenno want to gun him down right after all of that came to a close - at which point he DOES die.

Probably, yeah. But we can't be entirely certain--not only were we instructed to go after him "when we're ready", thus allowing for delays, but Alad V and Vor have proven that a successful Assassination mission does not guarantee the death of a character at any point, even when the target is not seen escaping as Vay Hek does. Alad V survived the Assassination on Jupiter, and has mentioned that attempt on his life during some of his monologues. And, well, Vor. It's always possible to think up some way for a character to continue being relevant, and it is generally ideal for DE to do so.

Speaking of Alad, I want to see how he's doing now. We haven't heard from him since Tubemen, have we? Seems like they've gone out of their way to avoid him having any part in certain events since then.

Probably, yeah. But we can't be entirely certain--not only were we instructed to go after him "when we're ready", thus allowing for delays, but Alad V and Vor have proven that a successful Assassination mission does not guarantee the death of a character at any point, even when the target is not seen escaping as Vay Hek does. Alad V survived the Assassination on Jupiter, and has mentioned that attempt on his life during some of his monologues. And, well, Vor. It's always possible to think up some way for a character to continue being relevant, and it is generally ideal for DE to do so.

Speaking of Alad, I want to see how he's doing now. We haven't heard from him since Tubemen, have we? Seems like they've gone out of their way to avoid him having any part in certain events since then.

Aye, and if he survived and they mentioned that he survived the attempt I'd be cool with that - it would perhaps a little redundant since Alad did it, but Regor voicing commenting on it with his Regor mannerisms would probably make it redeeming - but if they DIDN'T do that then it just betrays lazy, shoddy writing, and that's just no fun and not what I want for DE.

And I don't agree with the idea of keeping characters around JUST because "it is generally ideal for DE to do so". Assassinations are meant to be pivotal fights against these characters, and while you can have "back from the dead" and "reports of my death were greatly exaggerated"  and "the one that got away" go around A BIT, if you just REFUSE to kill off characters after setting them up to die it causes the player to just lose investment in the world. There's no closure, there's no sense that you're doing things that matter, and players in Warframe already kinda suffer from that. It's best to not exacerbate the wound by keeping characters around JUST because they were cool.

Which is why I'm against him showing up in future events, as that sort of leaves the impression that he just didn't die when we killed him. In quests that are intended to take place BEFORE the assassination, oh yeah - I'm a HUGE proponent of the Gradivus Dilemma returning as a quest to introduce Ruk and Alad to newer players, and both those guys have had their fates worked out - but NOT in something that seemingly came AFTER certain events went down.

For Alad: I think maybe the divide between the consoles and PC on "do we save or kill him?" might have left them a little stumped on what to do - like they were planning on everyone going in one direction and then basing it around that. Personally I think he's just still Infested, still doing the Infestation's work for as long as his mind is still individual enough for it to poke and prod and use like it used Jordas, but we'll have to wait and see. Perhaps he'll show back up during the Jordas Golem raid?

Aye, and if he survived and they mentioned that he survived the attempt I'd be cool with that - it would perhaps a little redundant since Alad did it, but Regor voicing commenting on it with his Regor mannerisms would probably make it redeeming - but if they DIDN'T do that then it just betrays lazy, shoddy writing, and that's just no fun and not what I want for DE.

Agreed.

And I don't agree with the idea of keeping characters around JUST because "it is generally ideal for DE to do so". Assassinations are meant to be pivotal fights against these characters, and while you can have "back from the dead" and "reports of my death were greatly exaggerated"  and "the one that got away" go around A BIT, if you just REFUSE to kill off characters after setting them up to die it causes the player to just lose investment in the world. There's no closure, there's no sense that you're doing things that matter, and players in Warframe already kinda suffer from that. It's best to not exacerbate the wound by keeping characters around JUST because they were cool.

Agreed! It's always bothered me how rarely the things we do actually matter. So often we have missions to prevent X from happening, and then it always happens anyway.

Which is why I'm against him showing up in future events, as that sort of leaves the impression that he just didn't die when we killed him. In quests that are intended to take place BEFORE the assassination, oh yeah - I'm a HUGE proponent of the Gradivus Dilemma returning as a quest to introduce Ruk and Alad to newer players, and both those guys have had their fates worked out - but NOT in something that seemingly came AFTER certain events went down.

Aye, or at least don't have him show up in anything soon, and then if/when he does appear, he'd best have a good reason.

For Alad: I think maybe the divide between the consoles and PC on "do we save or kill him?" might have left them a little stumped on what to do - like they were planning on everyone going in one direction and then basing it around that. Personally I think he's just still Infested, still doing the Infestation's work for as long as his mind is still individual enough for it to poke and prod and use like it used Jordas, but we'll have to wait and see. Perhaps he'll show back up during the Jordas Golem raid?

I don't know, I expect (and hope) there's going to have been some change to his situation, rather than just have the same old Malad. If nothing's changed, then that goes back to the problem of "almost nothing we do matters"; but if he gets a full cure (which I rather doubt), then nothing PS4 did will have mattered. There were definitely successes on both sides of the Tubemen conflict, so some data was destroyed, and some was recovered--the proportions don't necessarily matter. I figure as long as Alad was able to get something out of it, but not nearly as much as he'd hoped, it works for every platform.

Additionally, it could be that what research data he was able to get his hands on turned out to be different from what he'd anticipated, but still something he could use in some way. There's curveball opportunities here.

Considering how broken OP Tenno and their equipment is... Whatever they throw at the playerbase, will most likely end up being easily soloable.

Not true at all - they are already setting the Sentients up in a way that will make them challenging. At least from a lore perspective. "They constantly adapt to new tactics used by the enemy. When you kill one, the rest learn.". I think DE has established a foundation for an AI that they can adjust over time. When players figure out a method that works well against the sentient, DE could hot fix in a new immunity regarding that particular tactic. the devs can push the Tenno as hard as they want when it comes to a always-adapting enemy. Tactics that worked on the sentient at their launch could be null later down the road. The sentient could get harder and harder as time goes on. A true end game enemy

An example could be that DE could keep track of what weapons are most commonly used on the sentient. Let's say for examples sake that 30% of the entire player base uses the Boltor Prime on the sentient. DE could set it up in a way in which gradually, hot fix after hot fix, the Sentients immunity to fired puncture projectiles will gradually grow. Eventually making them to a point in which the Boltor is no longer a top tier method against the Sentient. The Sentient in this case have "adapted" and formed a new method of resisting damage in this fashion. This is a very viable solution to end game mainstream weapons as well. Top tier weapons will be used the most, meaning the Sentient will adapt immunity the most to these weapons. Leaving mid and low tier weapons as a viable strategy against the Sentient. The community as a whole will always have to adapt and find new ways to kill the Sentient. Thus - Mastery fodder will no longer be just mastery fodder, but potentially a future weapon against the Sentient.

Edited by (XB1)G R A V O C

Such thing won't result in difficulty, but cheapness.

Look at Nullifiers, combining immunity to pretty much everything and heavy damage potential.

Are they challenging? Kinda. Do they feel cheap as f-? Absolutely.

There won't be any learning AI, not only it would be a waste of resources, but knowing DE, it would stay in a pretty broken state where Sentients would have insane amounts of armour, coupled with health types that effectively counter their weaknesses and have both nullifier field around them, and a damn bullet reflector.

This would effectively make them immune to damage.

Edited by Mofixil

Such thing won't result in difficulty, but cheapness.

Look at Nullifiers, combining immunity to pretty much everything and heavy damage potential.

Are they challenging? Kinda. Do they feel cheap as f-? Absolutely.

There won't be any learning AI, not only it would be a waste of resources, but knowing DE, it would stay in a pretty broken state where Sentients would have insane amounts of armour, coupled with health types that effectively counter their weaknesses and have both nullifier field around them, and a damn bullet reflector.

This would effectively make them immune to damage.

Sentient are not Nullifiers, we don't know what they are.

If you think they are too cheap to challenge against us? 

Why would you think the Sentients may received their insane amount of armour? Oh please don't open my old wound about Stalker's level was 99999. Just keep it simple about their armour. 

And it's not true that they have their immune to their damage as someone already did wrote it in wiki about their weakness. There were two weakness were corrosives and electric.