Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After 30 T3 Captures I Can Say

latetier

I often wonder if RNG is actually random, or if it is based upon join number or something. It seems too coincidental that some people can get multiple "rare" items in runs back to back, and yet others can do 50+ with "the same odds" and get nothing. To me I honestly believe that RNG is rigged to stimulate the need for a market. IE some people will have no chance or next to none at some in game items with a much higher chance at other items, and vice versa. This in turn stimulates the need of trading and forces lazy people to buy plat.

IIRC, it's seed-based.

What do you mean seed based? do you mean my theory is accurate, and odds are in fact generated differently for different loot drops per player?

I could be wrong. It's possible that my info is outdated, or that it was never even correct. It's also been a while since I've dealt with this kind of thing, so my understanding has... faded somewhat, and I was never an expert.

That said: sort of. If it does use seeds, each account would have a number or a set of numbers used to determine loot, so yes, it would matter who's hosting, and there would be some people with seeds that give them a lot of one thing and not much of another thing, at least for a while. But the same can happen with any other method of (pseudo)random generation; it's not something we can predict or exploit, and there's no logical reason to expect that any previously observed patterns should continue. Humans are incredibly good at pattern recognition--so much so that we tend to recognize patterns that are not actually there, or exist coincidentally.

It's just luck.

I could be wrong. It's possible that my info is outdated, or that it was never even correct. It's also been a while since I've dealt with this kind of thing, so my understanding has... faded somewhat, and I was never an expert.

That said: sort of. If it does use seeds, each account would have a number or a set of numbers used to determine loot, so yes, it would matter who's hosting, and there would be some people with seeds that give them a lot of one thing and not much of another thing, at least for a while. But the same can happen with any other method of (pseudo)random generation; it's not something we can predict or exploit, and there's no logical reason to expect that any previously observed patterns should continue. Humans are incredibly good at pattern recognition--so much so that we tend to recognize patterns that are not actually there, or exist coincidentally.

It's just luck.

Yeah, it's why it's just a theory. I don't want to make a statement on something that I don't know for sure. But I have to say, it is quite coincidental.

Yeah, it's why it's just a theory. I don't want to make a statement on something that I don't know for sure. But I have to say, it is quite coincidental.

How many people play Warframe? I don't know off the top of my head, but there are enough that it's inevitably going to happen.

I can almost guarantee you that RNG function will use some kind of seed to generate reward.

Whether that is your user id, mission id, time, player names... etc etc etc.

Not that it matters since we'll never know.

How many people play Warframe? I don't know off the top of my head, but there are enough that it's inevitably going to happen.

I'm not referencing it solely to forum users, I'm referencing it to the people I know. Which in this case is a far smaller test case. Inevitability works over large numbers, not small numbers.

I don't see RNG as a bad thing. Imagine if everything you wanted dropped at 100% rate. You could finish the game in a few hours and wouldn't have anything to hunt for then. You'd just get bored of the game and quit, which would make the game itself bad because it would be too short/fast/boring. Devs can't implement things faster than you play them, that's why RNG and timewalls exists.

But I guess you were unlucky, hope you get it next time.