Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Slide-Melee-Friendly Keyboard Layouts?

Scylax

Question

I use tonfas frequently (mostly the Boltace), and spamming both shift+ctrl to slide to attack (tonfas are meant to be used in sliding attacks due to their high sliding attack damage) really takes a toll on my pinky -- is there a keyboard layout that doesn't kill any part of my hands when I need to initiate slides repeatedly? Here are my current keybinds:

(Space is jump, WASD to move)

B8TR3IN.png

21 answers to this question

Yu could try to move the setup so your hand is on the rightside of the keyboard instead of the left one. Basically a mirror setup of what i'm using (i'm left-handed).

Move WASD over to YGHJ, and everything else accordingly, setting up sprint as the comma or "i" and crouch as alt gr (i'm assuming you've got the standard QWERTY i am using as well), and if sprint is on "i" you can bind jump to comma to be able to bulletjump freely.

You WILL have to move around a lot of Keys though, and that might prove quite long to adapt to.

So bonus is only triggered after sprint, not actual run?

Is there other things sprint is necessary for? 

Other then that, I use this setup;

sprint - space

jump - shift

so, other way of what people usually using

b key is slide but my keyboard is "natural" so it's easier to press some things. 

Way I see it, all you need to do is re-map ctrl-crouch button, somewhere on your thumb(or on mouse), not pinky. 

Or, if it's easier, re map sprint. 

I remembered something.

Since Parkour 2.0 hit it's not necessary anymore to sprint AND crouch while moving to initiate a slide and/or a slide attack. You can just hold a directional key and press crouch+melee attack and it will do a slide attack anyway, even without holding sprint.

Maybe it is not the exact answer your are looking for, but maybe consider picking up some kind of gaming mouse with extra buttons on the side. I use a Razer Naga, and I've got my crouch button mapped onto one of those buttons and it took a LOT of stress off my hands when doing slides and stuff. My sprint is still on my pinky shift, but my pinky rests pretty comfortable in that spot personally. But moving crouch and roll and all of my abilities onto the mouse was a HUGE help. Definitely worth the investment if you play this game a lot.

I use Q for Hold to Crouch, so slide melee is Q+E.

You can also bind it to mouse-buttons.  Kingtaro uses a combination of mouse buttons to do things like this:

If I remember correctly, he uses macros for slide attacks. He also had macros for optimal coptering back when that was a thing, which couldn't even deal damage due to the timing.

If I remember correctly, he uses macros for slide attacks. He also had macros for optimal coptering back when that was a thing, which couldn't even deal damage due to the timing.

He recently posted he doesn't use macros: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/543938-save-orthos-prime/?p=6108500

*shrug*

I can do the same thing with my Q+E setup, no macros either.

Edited by Gelkor

He recently posted he doesn't use macros: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/543938-save-orthos-prime/?p=6108500

*shrug*

I can do the same thing with my Q+E setup, no macros either.

Oh okay, his current method is just rolling his thumb across crouch and melee. Pretty simple. He probably stopped macroing since it doesn't benefit from precise timing like coptering did.

I thought you were the one that was doing copter charts, and were using a macro so precise that it couldn't even do damage.

That was a long time ago though. I don't remember who it was now...

I see.

No, I wasn't the one doing the copter benchmarks. However, the guy did say in his post that he decided to do it after he saw my video about the Amphis Dash. That's probably why the confusion.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/213652-comprehensive-melee-20-copter-benchmarks/

A simple Mouse with only 2 Side Buttons is More than enough to make Warframe a Lot more Comfortable (+ many other games)

Placing Simple macros on keyboard buttons is not very good and space near WASD is already busy.

P.S.:

I got Logitech g700 (It's about 4-5 years old and still one of the best options for me, except I need to charge it every night)

Setup for 4 side buttons.

1) Ctrl (Simple as that, only Ctrl. You pinky is safe forever. Slide away)

2) Ctrl+Space (Insta Bullet jump, if u press it second time in mid air, you will do Double Jump.)

3) Ctrl+E (Slide Melee)

4) E (every 0.5 sec) (Hold it for Excalibro Waves Spam)

+ I got 1 button that's located on LMB to work as LMB (Holy Crap), but every 0.05 Sec when Held. Why? I love Telos Akbolto more than Marelok and want to use it's RoF of 10r\s so I can wreck Gunners\Bombards with barrage of "LotsOfBoltsInTheFace".