Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny Microtransactions Pricing And Star Wars Battlefront Has No Chat System

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-has-no-dedicated-chat-system/1100-6431394/

So first off, BATTLEFRONT WILL HAVE NO DEDICATED VOICE CHAT SYSTEM.

I remember Nintendo doing this with Splatoon, as well as Destiny a while back.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-microtransaction-pricing-revealed-heres-wh/1100-6431393/

The microtransactions for Destiny have arrived and here are the pricing:

• 500 -- $5
  • 1,100 --$10
  • 2,300 --$20

While that isn't much (believe me, I've seen worse), I can't help but feel odd that it's a bit too high for what you buy with this. Emotes.

Each standard emote costs 200 silver, and everyone gets a free 400 silver when they log in (that's pretty cool). 

Legendary emotes (like the Carlton dance) costs 500 silver.

Edited by TheErebus.

No chat system in Battlefront? I saw people using a chat system in the Beta. Is that being removed or what?

From what the article has stated, there wont be a dedicated chat system in the full release. 

You can still use VoIP to talk to friends on PC (or a party system on consoles).

From what the article has stated, there wont be a dedicated chat system in the full release. 

You can still use VoIP to talk to friends on PC (or a party system on consoles).

Baffling. Truly baffling. What's the issue with a chat system exactly?

Destiny is apparently moving to make their updates free. So we may see that pricing change as more micro transactions are introduced.

Assumign they add on to the microtransactions. 

I hope to god that they stay cosmetic.

Baffling. Truly baffling. What's the issue with a chat system exactly?

People can insult each other in the game

OH THE HORROR!!!

People can insult each other in the game

OH THE HORROR!!!

Bollocks, was really looking forward to swearing at people. Because that's what I look forward to doing when a new game comes out. Not like I want to play it and chat with my team or anything...

... Text chat will remain. It's the VoIP chat system they won't have, which is already lacking in many console games, particularly on a larger scale multiplayer game such as Battlefront.

Reading comprehension, fact-checking, and citing half-decent sources (rather than the worst possible ones you can find) is crucial in situations such as this, even if Battlefront is a crapshoot of a game.

While that isn't much (believe me, I've seen worse), I can't help but feel odd that it's a bit too high for what you buy with this. Emotes.

I think they're already off to a bad start. When the new emotes were announced, everbody talked about how cool Slow Clap and the Charlton were.

..and now surprise surprise these are the only 2 you can't get with your free Silver. Charging 5 bucks for an animation they originally created for the ice bucket challenge is.. well it's something.

I think they're already off to a bad start. When the new emotes were announced, everbody talked about how cool Slow Clap and the Charlton were.

..and now surprise surprise these are the only 2 you can't get with your free Silver. Charging 5 bucks for an animation they originally created for the ice bucket challenge is.. well it's something.

Well to be fair, they are "legendary" emotes. 

... Text chat will remain. It's the VoIP chat system they won't have, which is already lacking in many console games, particularly on a larger scale multiplayer game such as Battlefront.

Reading comprehension, fact-checking, and citing half-decent sources (rather than the worst possible ones you can find) is crucial in situations such as this, even if Battlefront is a crapshoot of a game.

A severely hacker-ridden crapshoot of a game. Movement animations are nice, though...

Reading comprehension: Check

Fact-checking: Check

Half-decent sources: Check (Gamespot is a reliable source, would you rather I use Polygon)

I simply forgot to edit the OP.

IF you clicked the link, you'd see that the article is clearly referring to VoIP. 

I edited the article to be more accurate.

Edited by TheErebus.