Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...can Anyone Tell Me Why There Is A "captures" Folder In The Warfame Folder? Owo

DJ_Vauban

Question

When I first looked into the Warframe folder I noticed this particular folder, at first I thought it's where all the screenshots go but it seems like I was wrong because my screenshots go either to my documents or my steam screenshot folder thingy.

So is this folder like...a leftover from an older build or does it actually have some meaning? the only screenshot inside is from back when I first started playing Warfame which was sometime around U9

7 answers to this question

Well there are two ways to take screenshots, F12 is the steam one, F6 the Warframe one, but if I use the Warframe screenshot one, it ends up in my documents

I do know that players sometimes have trouble finding their pictures if they don't have Steam installed, because they seem to wind up in documents instead of the capture folder. When I used to play on PC, I noticed this happened a lot in several games. It'd go back and forth between documents, and the game's preset capture folder. I'm not entirely sure what causes it to do that though.

sounds like you've had Warframe installed for quite some time. (which i know you have, some names are easy to remember)

IIRC, it's a leftover Folder from before Warframe stored Screenshots in your Windows Pictures Folder.

if you look at the properties, the Folder probably was Created/last modified quite some time ago.

It's just the old way of the game categorizing screenshots.  I had found a thread about this yesterday just to locate where my own screenshots have gone to, and DE had apparently updated the location.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's there to just.. be there... you can probably just delete it.